PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2 > Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
GamBeaT

xGamBeaTx's Gamercard
Tier 3 Battle: The Death Race - Video

Enjoy!

This race is unforgivable, if you make a mistake, you won't meet the timer. Skill/luck based one.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:53 AM   #2
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Nice driving. Well almost got this far until I got stuck in an invisible wall. Broke ass game!

Signature by BAD VII

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #3
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamBeaT View Post
Enjoy!

This race is unforgivable, if you make a mistake, you won't meet the timer. Skill/luck based one.
Is that with or without the relic from Ellie?
Hybridchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #4
GamBeaT

xGamBeaTx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridchld View Post
Is that with or without the relic from Ellie?
Without, after I've done it I realised I've sold the Ellie's Relic 5 mins earlier
Old 11-21-2012, 02:29 AM   #5
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
I just did it easy enough with a level 13 relic, would be a breeze with a TVHM version.
Hybridchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:57 AM   #6
Junkdewd

Junkdewd's Gamercard
Just have someone wait in another car right before the next to the last checkpoint, then have them finish the race after you hit the checkpoint right before it. Works like a charm. :>
Old 11-21-2012, 04:46 AM   #7
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkdewd View Post
Just have someone wait in another car right before the next to the last checkpoint, then have them finish the race after you hit the checkpoint right before it. Works like a charm. :>
Best way right here. Have them start moving before you hit the last big jump and that saves a ton of time
Old 11-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #8
Rhettropunk

Rh3ttr0's Gamercard
I parked a vehicle at the first two checkpoints and teleported to one, drove to the catch-a-ride, then teleported to the second and finshed the race. A lot easier this way.
Rhettropunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #9
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
If I wanted to play a racing game, I would buy a good one. This mission was slightly annoying and the complete opposite of anything that resembles fun.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #10
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
If I wanted to play a racing game, I would buy a good one. This mission was slightly annoying and the complete opposite of anything that resembles fun.
Too true. I already have Forza for that. When I bought a shoot-shit-until-it-dies game, the last thing I wanted was a glitchy race against the clock. It just feels like an afterthought that made it in as a mission (much like the rest of the missions, frankly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #11
sublime shooter

Send a message via AIM to sublime shooter

Lightsaber's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If anyone is good at this race plz add me and help I guess I just suck I can't do it haha

sublime shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #12
IOnEI Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettropunk View Post
I parked a vehicle at the first two checkpoints and teleported to one, drove to the catch-a-ride, then teleported to the second and finshed the race. A lot easier this way.
Are you splitscreening? I can't have more than one car on the map. Of either type.
IOnEI Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #13
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The way i did it was 1 person wait just before the second to last checkpoint while person one drives almost the 2 full laps.

That way you should beat it with 10 ish secs left on the clock.

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #14
WalterWhite

I'm in no way defending this mission but I bet if you guys figuring out how to cheat it actually spent ten minutes trying it, you'd be able to do it just fine.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #15
DJ RJester

DJ RJester's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Nice find, I ending up doing the same thing, was hoping not to use that method and was doing exactly what GamBeaT did in his video, and doing well until the second lap where I got spun around from just going back onto the road.
DJ RJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #16
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I'll have to use the extra car method. I tried about 10 times. Hell one time I got caught on an invisible barrier going up the first ramp. I left it and continued with the story.

Yannie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #17
Junkdewd

Junkdewd's Gamercard
Quote:
I'm in no way defending this mission but I bet if you guys figuring out how to cheat it actually spent ten minutes trying it, you'd be able to do it just fine.
I actually spent an hour trying to do it, and was failing consistently with either less than 1 second off, or hitting the invisible walls causing me to have to restart again. I would have continued to try if it was'nt glitched. When a game is no longer fun, finishing it is more important than winning it. I was fortunate to have someone join me that was more devious than I to come up with the idea, so cheating FTW when it comes to gearbox and their broken shit.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #18
WalterWhite

Quote:
I actually spent an hour trying to do it, and was failing consistently with either less than 1 second off, or hitting the invisible walls causing me to have to restart again. I would have continued to try if it was'nt glitched. When a game is no longer fun, finishing it is more important than winning it. I was fortunate to have someone join me that was more devious than I to come up with the idea, so cheating FTW when it comes to gearbox and their broken shit.
I agree it's frustrating but it's not glitched.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #19
Junkdewd

Junkdewd's Gamercard
Quote:
I agree it's frustrating but it's not glitched.
I have to disagree. Invisible walls and clips n the road that sometimes flip your car end over end, sometimes not, it is kind of glitched. It is doable, IF you make a perfect run and IF neither of those glitches pop up on you. I was unfortunate with the glitches, so was happy to complete the mission. It is just so sad that gearbox can't get these things ironed out before releasing.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #20
nickstert

nickstert's Gamercard
Easiest way is to jump the start. Spawn into a new runner which puts you at the start line then boost straight away! you gain 3-4 seconds before the counter starts running down. Follow the route in the video and it should be a breeze...
nickstert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:43 PM   #21
zombie stomp52

Send a message via AIM to zombie stomp52

IVIodest Mouse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamBeaT View Post
Enjoy!

Borderlands 2 - Campaign of Carnage DLC - Tier 3 Battle: The Death Race - YouTube
I found a GLITCH than can help you get 3-4 EXTRA SECONDS when you start.
this is how ive done it, RELIABLY, so far:

1) have light runner vehicle 1 somewhere on the map. i have mine at the catch-a-ride near checkpoint number 2 (near the bridge)

2) start the mission after you've all ready failed it.

3) before even stepping onto the checkered ground, go to the catch-a-ride station, and deploy, then teleport to vehicle one.

what happens is, vehicle one spans on the checkered area. you can then IMMEDIATELY start the race WITHOUT having to wait on the checkered area for a few seconds.
what this means is, as long as you're good at the track, you can get to the first checkpoint before the bell even sounds, leaving you with a very valuable 3-4 seconds.
follow this course route, and do this little bug, and you're good to go

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.

zombie stomp52 is offline   Reply With Quote