PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2 > Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-21-2012, 05:46 AM   #1
Caress Of Death

Caress Of Death's Gamercard
Pete the Invincible

The way that this fight goes, you basically HAVE to use a bee shield. This guy is a huge damage sponge with massive HP. I hate that the way everything is designed now requires the bee shield because all they're doing to nerf it is make the bosses have insane HP that forces you to still use it. And I'm not complaining because I don't have the bee shield, because I do, I say it for the people who may not have it.
Caress Of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
I've never even seen the damn thing in-game, so I doubt I'll be completing this without help from the public matches. A few things factor in, of course... is that weird Graveyard.sav glitch fixed? I heard it was being worked on, but I don't know if it got patched in or not yet. Also wondering if this Invincible fight glitches and potentially ruins save files like Master Gee did to a friend of mine (lost all of his progress after 75+ hours).

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenhood View Post
is that weird Graveyard.sav glitch fixed? I heard it was being worked on, but I don't know if it got patched in or not yet.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...av--Virus.html

Pete the Invicible is not as hard as Gee, but not really easy though. It's really hard to solo him mainly because of the minions all around the arena, excepted if you have a commando and use your turrets to clean up the area while you're focusing on Pete.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Baby Maker + Tediore Relic worked for me.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
Iam918

Iam918's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iv AJay vI View Post

I have the Fire Baby Maker and he was resisting it.

However, I have a Tediore Electric SMG that I use to burst down his shield. Once I'm out of ammo for that I fall back to my Torgue (explosive) shotty, AR and Pistol.
Rest of my weapons are corrosive or fire as I haven't gotten any good weapons otherwise.
Iam918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
This = Job done (Solo).
Old 11-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #7
Annihil88torr

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Gonna attempt that later tonight and post a video on youtube. I have a video on there showing people what he looks like and the damage he does.

instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:01 AM   #8
iTz WaffleS v2

Send a message via AIM to iTz WaffleS v2 Send a message via MSN to iTz WaffleS v2 Send a message via Yahoo to iTz WaffleS v2 Send a message via Skype™ to iTz WaffleS v2

iTz WaffleS v2's Gamercard
Yooooooooooo Omfg dudes. I went to solo this dude after reading this thread. I got into the glitch spot no prob. After a quick minute or two, the guy jumps up there with me, I quickly jump down and run straight across to the other ammo dump.

The guy jumps up and down like he does, but keeps getting stuck, and can't jump down. As he is jumping, he is moving to the left (facing him) towards the giant drain. He gets stuck eventually below the walkway up there.

So I spend like.. literally an hour, shooting this guy and shooting him, get his shield down, get his health down. Kill him. His loot. WHEEEEEEEE goes flying up to the catwalk/walkway things. I'm like.. okay, no problem, I can just get a friend in here who is a commando.. well before he gets in, my game messes up and signs me out of xbox live......

Sending me back to the goddamned title screen.

Get back into game.. none of it counted......

FML -_______-
Old 11-22-2012, 04:07 AM   #9
Evil Zop

Evil Zop's Gamercard
is this boss a once a day or is he repeatable?
Evil Zop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:13 AM   #10
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz WaffleS v2 View Post
Yooooooooooo Omfg dudes. I went to solo this dude after reading this thread. I got into the glitch spot no prob. After a quick minute or two, the guy jumps up there with me, I quickly jump down and run straight across to the other ammo dump.

The guy jumps up and down like he does, but keeps getting stuck, and can't jump down. As he is jumping, he is moving to the left (facing him) towards the giant drain. He gets stuck eventually below the walkway up there.

So I spend like.. literally an hour, shooting this guy and shooting him, get his shield down, get his health down. Kill him. His loot. WHEEEEEEEE goes flying up to the catwalk/walkway things. I'm like.. okay, no problem, I can just get a friend in here who is a commando.. well before he gets in, my game messes up and signs me out of xbox live......

Sending me back to the goddamned title screen.

Get back into game.. none of it counted......

FML -_______-
You gotto have a commando. I don't think it's possibly to solo him with any other class. Why not? Because once you drop that turret, he completely ignores you so you can just unload into him forever.

If the turret is on CD, just hide behind the pillar and he won't jump at you.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:20 AM   #11
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Zop View Post
is this boss a once a day or is he repeatable?
Once a day.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:27 AM   #12
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Like Ravenhood, I haven't seen him either. And I've seen the glitch ledge/spot too.

My question, why name him "Pete"? Not a real formidable and scary name.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:33 AM   #13
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
Like Ravenhood, I haven't seen him either. And I've seen the glitch ledge/spot too.

My question, why name him "Pete"? Not a real formidable and scary name.
Because over the course of two games Gearbox hasn't made a single good boss fight and they think having the word "invincible" after their names is really cute and funny. My guess to why his name is simply "Pete" is that is the name of one of the three guys who live in a basement somewhere that Gearbox outsourced their DLC to.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #14
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caress Of Death View Post
The way that this fight goes, you basically HAVE to use a bee shield. This guy is a huge damage sponge with massive HP. I hate that the way everything is designed now requires the bee shield because all they're doing to nerf it is make the bosses have insane HP that forces you to still use it. And I'm not complaining because I don't have the bee shield, because I do, I say it for the people who may not have it.
Too bad they're still nerfing the bee on top of this insane boss HP. They are really trying to make it impossible without four players and or a glitch or the bee. Don't see why really. Not everyone wants this kind of challenge.

The best thing coming out of this patch is the de-leveling of the raid bosses of Pirate's Booty in Normal mode so everyone can at least get the achievements. Leave the insanely hard required boss fights for the try-hards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Because over the course of two games Gearbox hasn't made a single good boss fight and they think having the word "invincible" after their names is really cute and funny. My guess to why his name is simply "Pete" is that is the name of one of the three guys who live in a basement somewhere that Gearbox outsourced their DLC to.
I AGREE. [Name] The Invincible was cool back when Crawmerax was the only one with that name.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:38 AM   #15
iTz WaffleS v2

Send a message via AIM to iTz WaffleS v2 Send a message via MSN to iTz WaffleS v2 Send a message via Yahoo to iTz WaffleS v2 Send a message via Skype™ to iTz WaffleS v2

iTz WaffleS v2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
You gotto have a commando. I don't think it's possibly to solo him with any other class. Why not? Because once you drop that turret, he completely ignores you so you can just unload into him forever.

If the turret is on CD, just hide behind the pillar and he won't jump at you.

Using the glitch I read about, I was able to get him stuck. I solo'd him, took an hour.. but i messed up at the end.. otherwise it would of been okay.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:40 AM   #16
ChickinOnaChain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
I AGREE. [Name] The Invincible was cool back when Crawmerax was the only one with that name.
Crawmerax was "Invincible" too? That's 3 of them! Sort of over doing it on that aren't they? Still...Pete?

Old 11-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #17
Warren17

GoLeafsGo TML's Gamercard
Quote:
Crawmerax was "Invincible" too? That's 3 of them! Sort of over doing it on that aren't they? Still...Pete?
That's 5.

10char

Warren17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:57 AM   #18
FalseHope4829

Send a message via AIM to FalseHope4829

Truth x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
He was the first "Invincible" boss and he was in Borderlands 1. He was a cool fight and was cool looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren17 View Post
That's 5.
*6 if we are counting Crawmerax from BL1. There's Crawmerax, Terramorphous, Vermivorous, Hyperious, Master Gee, and.....Pete.

I shamelessly was able to get Pete stuck and killed him in 10 minutes. After Master Gee and Hyperious, my BL2 friends have no interest in killing another crappy "Invincible" boss. The cool thing about Pete is that his name prefix changes through the fight (check it out next time you fight him). Pete also recognizes your character class and ability. He was s__t talking me the entire fight. "Ohhh so you think you're a commando huh?" "Your turret is worthless." I thought that was a nice touch. It looks like they're trying to add more fight mechanics to the Invincible fights which would be good if they stopped making them have so much hp.

Games Completed

RETAIL:
Avatar: TLA: TBE, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Borderlands (1750), Borderlands 2, CSI: Hard Evidence, Fable II (1350), Fable III, Fallout 3 (1550), Fallout New Vegas (1655), Fight Night Round 3, Gun, Halo 3 (1750), Oblivion (1250), Resident Evil 5 (orig 1000), Shadowrun, Skyrim (1300), Terminator: Salvation, TMNT, The Darkness

Arcade: 3D Ultra Minigolf, Dash of Destruction, The Maw (250)

FalseHope4829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #19
WalterWhite

These bosses have officially made me hate this franchise.

Edit: Done. Lame, got him stuck and hid across the room with the Maggie, tons of fun.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 11-22-2012 at 08:25 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #20
Warren17

GoLeafsGo TML's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseHope4829 View Post

*6 if we are counting, Vermivorous, .

I forgot about him as I never fought him. 1 was enough, having 5 more is overkill.

Warren17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #21
EeHh JuLiAn

EeHh JuLiAn's Gamercard
I know this is a cheap way to beat him but hey for those who just want to beat him do what I did lol... Please like comment subscribe thanks. GT=

EeHh JuLiAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #22
Junkdewd

Junkdewd's Gamercard
Quote:
These bosses have officially made me hate this franchise. I don't know if I'm an idiot or what but I've successfully gotten Pete stuck a few times (that part is easy) and I still run out of ammo and get hit with his fire damage which leads me to have to use the faucets. So then I kill the Spiderants and I'm bone dry on ammo again and have to wait forever for the ammo boxes to regenerate. And while that's happening I take fire damage again and waste the few bullets I get on the ants. Eventually they get too strong and I die. I can't help feeling like I'm at a disadvantage again with my Assassin trying to do this. Anyone else done it alone with Zero that can offer advice?
You could always cheat.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #23
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkdewd View Post
You could always cheat.
If I had access to a modded weapon I would have used it in a heartbeat, this shit isn't fun to me when I'm playing alone.

I'm also convinced that they purposely leave these "glitch spots" in for someone to find and make viral so us less skilled gamers can actually beat these bosses. I mean the room you fought Master Gee in was empty except for that rock used for that exploit and the area you hop up in inside the room with Pete is the only spot it works in and there's a catwalk up there to walk on. I'm not so sure it's a coincidence.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #24
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Quote:
I'm also convinced that they purposely leave these "glitch spots" in for someone to find and make viral so us less skilled gamers can actually beat these bosses.
Seems to me it has nothing to do with skill since tons of enemies in the game one shot to two shot down you and bosses have ridiculous HP amounts and the only way to kill them is to just blast away all your ammo until he dies, or try before you are instantly downed. This is even with the Bee.

Player HP/damage output to boss' HP/damage output is really unfair and unbalanced IMO.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #25
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
These bosses have officially made me hate this franchise.

Edit: Done. Lame, got him stuck and hid across the room with the Maggie, tons of fun.
Nice finally you got him too still though as I said IT IS GETTING BORING with these Invincible Bosses, they should come up with something new. What I mean is NO NOT NEW BOSSES, just something else than that would be refreshing.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #26
Caress Of Death

Caress Of Death's Gamercard
I actually solo'd him with an Assassin without the glitch. I didn't even realize there was one at the time. I'd personally like to see a Crawmerax 2.0. The ORIGINAL Invincible.

Last edited by Caress Of Death; 11-24-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Caress Of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #27
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Seems to me it has nothing to do with skill since tons of enemies in the game one shot to two shot down you and bosses have ridiculous HP amounts and the only way to kill them is to just blast away all your ammo until he dies, or try before you are instantly downed. This is even with the Bee.

Player HP/damage output to boss' HP/damage output is really unfair and unbalanced IMO.
Plenty of people can solo it, maybe you just suck.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #28
Nevander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
So have I, you tool. Before you call me out on it, yes I used the glitch because it made it EASIER TO DO.

I swear your attempts at trolling are becoming more and more obvious and pathetic. Are all Queerians like you? Oops I mean Quarians my bad...
Old 11-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #29
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
So have I, you tool. Before you call me out on it, yes I used the glitch because it made it EASIER TO DO.

I swear your attempts at trolling are becoming more and more obvious and pathetic. Are all Queerians like you? Oops I mean Quarians my bad...
You really have to stop falling for the bait so easily, Nevander. He is doing it for the sole purpose of getting a rise out of you because your responses to posts like that tend to be 'entertaining'.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #30
ChickinOnaChain

Quote:
If I had access to a modded weapon I would have used it in a heartbeat, this shit isn't fun to me when I'm playing alone.

I'm also convinced that they purposely leave these "glitch spots" in for someone to find and make viral so us less skilled gamers can actually beat these bosses.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Nice finally you got him too still though as I said IT IS GETTING BORING with these Invincible Bosses, they should come up with something new. What I mean is NO NOT NEW BOSSES, just something else than that would be refreshing.
My feelings exactly with this boss and all of the others in this game. I like playing SP but with these invincible aka impossible bosses, it forces you to play co-op. And that's fine but they should scale down in SP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
And yes I do suck. I have for 35 yrs. of gaming.