PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4 > Spartan Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 AM   #91
PervasiveFall8

PervasiveFall8's Gamercard
"what would an old lady do with kidnapped children"

"first I thought them to be quiet, then I taught them to be Spartans"
Lol
PervasiveFall8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #92
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Maleval View Post
Holy Crap! I've never been so overrun with enemies as in Spartan Ops Episode 3. Chapters 3 and 4 on Valhalla are insane! Nothing like a dozen hunters at a time plus many elites and 4 or 5 banshees at a time.

Just when you think you've cleared the area....two more phantoms come in with a whole new barrage of enemies.

I did Legendary Solo and it kicked my ass! Good thing for the infinite spawns.

Still fun though!
Haha you aren't alone, solo legendary'd it myself, was totally bonkers but heaps of fun. Who would have thought from playing multiplayer that a single mantis pwns 6 hunters/6 phantoms/12 banshees & a wraith.

Loved the introduction cutscene again, its telling a fantastic sub story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Cathrine 'War Criminal' Halsey
"first we taught them to be silent, then we taught them to be spartans..."
Just makes you feel Halo 4 as package is pretty damn impressive, so glad I bought the LE 343i have made drab winter Mondays heaps of fun.
P.S. heres this weeks RVB easter egg...
Old 11-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #93
Benmahalf X

Benmahalf X's Gamercard
Did a search but nothing came up; does time spent in Spartan Ops count towards the 35 (70, 140) hours of multiplayer needed to get the MS point rewards?
Old 11-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #94
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So far I like what I see. I haven't started playing yet, but I see what maps we're playing on. I like that Quarry is the one they're returning us to. That's been my favorite level so far (and I really hope the Gauss 'Hog is back again.)

I like that they're using Multiplayer maps as well. A little tired of it from multiplayer, but I imagine playing it against Covenant will be a whole new experience (and it will be nice having a tactical knowledge of the battlefield in advance.) I'm a little disappointed they re-used it twice in the same episode, not to mention twice in a row.

As for the Cutscene, absoultely gorgeous as usual. Excited to see Dr. Halsey return, though it still pains me to see the way she's being treated. I guess every War has it's victims though. Just sad to see how they treat the woman that saved the Human Race from existence. I am glad, however, to see that the Covenant are still playing a role since they were extremely overlooked in the Campaign. It looks like they're playing off of the first terminal and taking advantage of the Traviss Trilogy, so I'm hoping to see Kilo-Five show up in one of the next few episodes. It's actually kind of intimidating that the Covenant know how to effectively use Forerunner technology to this level. They warped a scientist out of the ship and I imagine they could probably use it to warp into it just as easily (I get the feeling the Infinity will be a level in a later episode. Wonder if it'll be original or if they'll re-use portions of the Campaign on it.)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #95
jonnyMAGNUM

Send a message via AIM to jonnyMAGNUM

must be a curse's Gamercard
Wow ... this episode is a boatload of suck. I'm playing this on Legendary solo and died at least 30 times each level. The part where you get the mechs and all the Banshees are flying around, I couldn't get in one because every time I tried, I would get raped by Banshee bombs during the long ass cutscene to hop into a mech.
I am, however, enjoying where the story is going.

jonnyMAGNUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:02 AM   #96
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Favorite episode so far.

I don't get those ammo crates. I can refill ammo for my railgun, but not the sniper. Oh fucking well. The railgun is like an explosive sniper anyway. My favorite gun so far.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #97
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet1337 View Post
Favorite episode so far.

I don't get those ammo crates. I can refill ammo for my railgun, but not the sniper. Oh fucking well. The railgun is like an explosive sniper anyway. My favorite gun so far.
Can't reload the rocket launcher either.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:07 AM   #98
JackAzzMcTittles

JackAzMcTittles's Gamercard
is anybody else having a problem with finding randoms in spartan ops? it NEVER works for me, i have to plug in a guest & then have it quit just before match starts(so that i have full screen to myself).
JackAzzMcTittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #99
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Waypoint has loaded up the Episode 4 trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloWaypoint
This week on Halo 4: Spartan Ops -- An unknown intelligence contacts Doctor Halsey, Thorne tries to understand the history of the Spartan Program, and the Sangheili terrorist known as "The Didact's Hand" appears on Requiem... but what is he searching for? Spartans, prepare for things to get rough on Requiem.

Last edited by LickableLemons7; 11-23-2012 at 06:29 PM.
LickableLemons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #100
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

I love Episode 3 man. It feels so much bigger that 1&2. The part where you fight all the waves of incoming bashees, wraiths, and phantoms in the Mantis? Awesome! I had to do it on easy or normal because my wife was playing with me, but I'm looking forward to doing it on legendary. Somehow it felt grander in scope than the similar fight in the campaign toward the end. Not to mention episode 3's LONG cinematic. Freaking fantastic. I also like how they incorporated multiplayer maps into Spartan Ops. I didn't like it in Reach for multiplayer, but tying S.ops into familiar grounds somehow feels better than putting the MP on campaign areas (or designing them for use in both as it were). Can't wait for Ep 4&5!
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #101
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Updated the 4th Post to reflect the new Episode released this morning.

Episode 4: Didact's Hand

No new achievements this week.

Cheers!
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #102
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
All the same maps. Why am I not surprised }:[
Old 11-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #103
DarkGin87

DarkGin87's Gamercard
Ep 4

Anyone fancy doing Ep 4 on legendary PM me

DarkGin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #104
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Decent episode, the CGI cutscene was great and I'm really excited for the season finale next week. Though I can't help but feel annoyed at just how tedious the last chapter was for this episode. The cheap mission ending cop-outs and constant flow of enemies (thanks Knight for releasing 4 Watchers in a row) just shows that they are padding the length of the missions due to the maps being designed/cut from single-player and multiplayer.

Oh well, maybe next season will have entirely new maps with SpOps in mind since it, holding my breath here, isn't on disc.

Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #105
NCsloppyP

NCsloppyP's Gamercard
really enjoying the combo of playable episodes along with the videos... cool concept!
NCsloppyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #106
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Episode 4's Intro was sweet! Halsey is a clever bitch, and Lasky looks so real!

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:48 AM   #107
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Finished it on Legendary solo, it's hard to stay alive! Last chapter took 30 minutes it was a long mission. Finished both Spartan Ops challenges and found the easter egg.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #108
Requiem Kata

Requiem Kata's Gamercard
Wasn't as much fun as Episode 3 but the CGI scene was pretty darn good, the addition of an achievement in Ep 4 might have made it feel a bit more interesting...

45 Games with 100% completion

Sponsored by Total Cult
Requiem Kata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #109
lifeexpectancy

Does anyone know if they've been releasing at the same time each week? I've only been off on Monday once when an episode came out, and it wasn't when the challenges reset. I think it was like 2 hours later not sure. I'm trying to plan on being on and ready when Ep5 launches.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #110
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

I can't wait to play through the rest of this episode later today. I was super busy yesterday so only managed the first solo. Enjoying Spartan Ops so far.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #111
PsychoSocial

Spartan ops is fun but is anyone annoyed like I am with the same maps being reused? :/ seems a bit letdownish

If you stand for nothing you will fall for anything.

Xbox Live gamer for 6 years.

Achievement hunter.

Supporter and owner of the All in One entertainment system.
PsychoSocial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #112
lifeexpectancy

I don't mind the map re-use. We can't realistically expect them to create all new maps all the time for these things. That would be far too much development expense. If they did that they'd have to charge for them as DLC like MW3's "let's release one specops mission with each multiplayer map pack". Screw that.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #113
DoubleT619

DoubleT619's Gamercard
I'm having fun mowing down Covenant and Forerunner forces, and I like how it ties into the main campaign. I do agree with the others in using the same maps over kinda sucking but it's extra content!
DoubleT619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #114
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Hope they use some of the other places from campaign and multiplayer. Otherwise I'll be bored for the other 6 Episodes. Episode 4 was worst example in where they used the exact same places for every chapter without even expanding a part of the place.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #115
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

I'm expecting 4 things from Spartan Ops.

1. Jul ' Mdama. I really hoped he'd have at least some role in the campaign but he never showed. I like how he's the big man in Spartan Ops though, arguably a free campaign DLC.

2. Didact. Likely not until the very very end of all the last Episode will he make an appearance, though I would not be surprised if he influences things soon.

3. Cortana. If you read my Composer theory, it's highly likely she isnt just "gone." I believe that the artifacts we've been seeing and Halsey's contact in Ep 4 are all Cortana-related, if not her to begin with. In order for there to be more Halo games after this one they'll need Cortana to stay important to the story, even if not present.

4. Flood. Come on......we know they're out there, we know it's probably only a matter of time...... It'd also be one hell of a cliffhanger for the final chapter. I personally hope they never show but it's always a possibility.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #116
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
2. Didact. Likely not until the very very end of all the last Episode will he make an appearance, though I would not be surprised if he influences things soon.

3. Cortana. If you read my Composer theory, it's highly likely she isnt just "gone." I believe that the artifacts we've been seeing and Halsey's contact in Ep 4 are all Cortana-related, if not her to begin with. In order for there to be more Halo games after this one they'll need Cortana to stay important to the story, even if not present.

4. Flood. Come on......we know they're out there, we know it's probably only a matter of time...... It'd also be one hell of a cliffhanger for the final chapter. I personally hope they never show but it's always a possibility.
Pretty sure the Didact will appear in some form, seeing has hes already been mentioned.

Sadly I doubt Cortana will, even though she mentioned during the campaign they could team MC up with another Cortana model it wouldn't be her. I genuinely feel the end of 4's campaign was closure for her character.

I'd like them to introduce Flood (just for something different to clear for a change). But if they've not created new areas for spartan ops you can't imagine them creating new AI and models for enemies. But it would be interesting to see how much of a nightmare trying to clear out flood infected knights. Hell I'd love for them to infect your spartan just so we could kill all the AFK'ers who don't help clearing.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #117
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

I didn't really kind of follow the story for Spartan Ops, I was in a party attempting to get them done quickly and get some achievements. Could anyone give me a quick re-cap.

Also, is this the end for Season 1 or not? If so when can we expect Season 2 (if anyone has any info about it that is)
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:30 AM   #118
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaako View Post
I didn't really kind of follow the story for Spartan Ops, I was in a party attempting to get them done quickly and get some achievements. Could anyone give me a quick re-cap.

Also, is this the end for Season 1 or not? If so when can we expect Season 2 (if anyone has any info about it that is)
I will reply with a quick recap after my matches tonight, but there are still FIVE Episodes (5 Weeks) left in Season 1. There hasn't been and proper speculation or news on Season 2 yet.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:40 AM   #119
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I will reply with a quick recap after my matches tonight, but there are still FIVE Episodes (5 Weeks) left in Season 1. There hasn't been and proper speculation or news on Season 2 yet.
Oh, thanks a bunch.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #120
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Is anyone else starting to get tired of Spartan Ops? It's gotten to the point where my friends and i are just trying to get through them as quickly as possible to unlock the achievements.

The intro videos are really well done, and the overall story isn't too bad either, but the gameplay is just too repetitive. I don't mind the Covenant maps because at least they have different enemies and vehicles but the Promethean maps are the same thing over and over. By the 3rd episode we were tired of fighting the same group of Prometheans only to have the exact same enemies respawn again and again.

Why didn't 343 give the Prometheans vehicles or at least include more than 3 enemies? Really disappointed with 343's contribution to the Halo universe At least MP is fun.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote