PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2 > Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Question about the new currency

The new currency is actually reasonable, but it seems the amount given was 1 token per badass killed. My question is can these tokens be farmed outside of the DLC?

if so Varkid farming would be amazing for this
Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
batboy

BATB0Y1983's Gamercard
You have that and also side missions like redoing Pete's bar side mission tier 3 over and over for 20 tokens plus whatever token get dropped. I'm still towards the beginning so I'm not sure if any other side missions are repeatable.
batboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by batboy View Post
I'm still towards the beginning so I'm not sure if any other side missions are repeatable.
They are.

/10char

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Looking at the vending machine prices...600+ for some orange guns...I don't see how I'll get that many, seeing as how I don't even have 40 yet. I'm at least 1/4 of the way, so it seems unless I run across and token shitting AI, I'm SOL.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
Looking at the vending machine prices...600+ for some orange guns...I don't see how I'll get that many, seeing as how I don't even have 40 yet. I'm at least 1/4 of the way, so it seems unless I run across and token shitting AI, I'm SOL.
well i had around 300 after completing the DLC, so a little farming would be in order for enough tokens to get an orange. some missions give you 25 tokens, but i mostly got them off enemies.
Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottttocs View Post
well i had around 300 after completing the DLC, so a little farming would be in order for enough tokens to get an orange. some missions give you 25 tokens, but i mostly got them off enemies.
Thanks Scott! Maybe I should just look for heads and skins. They're cheap and I don't have all of them anyway.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
Thanks Scott! Maybe I should just look for heads and skins. They're cheap and I don't have all of them anyway.
thats all im doing with the tokens, just looking for heads and skins. ive got most of the legendaries so im not interested in buying any. i like the fact that they added this though. its a good idea for people who want legendaries, it still takes ages to get enough tokens to buy one, but at least you know where to get one from.
Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
xRelentlessx

x7Relentless7x's Gamercard
At least they're easier to get than Seraph crystals
Currently 60495

Bioshock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds - Blue Ribbon Guide

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=508240
xRelentlessx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #9
Blaqk Majik

Blaqk majik's Gamercard
The Torgue Slot Machines only cost 5TT to play and I hit the jackpot 3 times already just playing maybe 30 times. Even better if you're doing it with more than one person because all tokens picked up count for all of you.

Blaqk Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:12 AM   #10
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaqk Majik View Post
The Torgue Slot Machines only cost 5TT to play and I hit the jackpot 3 times already just playing maybe 30 times. Even better if you're doing it with more than one person because all tokens picked up count for all of you.
Exactly. I finished the dlc with roughly 250 tokens. I then changed storage devices and brought in a friend to my game. I played the slot machines till I ran out and he managed to get 150 just by being in the room with me. I then just reloaded my first storage device in which I still had 250 tokens and repeated the process till my friend had 999 tokens (took only 30 minutes) Then he did it for me.
Now I just change storage devices before purchasing anything from the torgue machines and then give the weapons to my friend (who then duplicates them for me of course) that way I can always have 999 tokens!
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:28 AM   #11
Blaqk Majik

Blaqk majik's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo yeah View Post
Exactly. I finished the dlc with roughly 250 tokens. I then changed storage devices and brought in a friend to my game. I played the slot machines till I ran out and he managed to get 150 just by being in the room with me. I then just reloaded my first storage device in which I still had 250 tokens and repeated the process till my friend had 999 tokens (took only 30 minutes) Then he did it for me.
Now I just change storage devices before purchasing anything from the torgue machines and then give the weapons to my friend (who then duplicates them for me of course) that way I can always have 999 tokens!
Well played, sir.

Blaqk Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:07 AM   #12
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's pretty easy to farm for Torgue Tokens if you do the Bar Brawl Tier 3 Rematch. You'll not only get tokens, but also a few Moxxi pics for the Obsessed achievement. It's also a good place to power-level any low-level characters in Normal Mode if you don't feel like grinding BNK-3R, Warrior or Terra.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote