PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Poor programming? Or developer lazyness
Poor programming with no foresight of achievement requirements. 86 32.82%
Lazy developers who want to stop coding new events. 176 67.18%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2012, 02:02 AM   #481
Earth Djinn

Earth Djinn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Can anyone answer me? Will I be able to get one last event without any multiplayer DLC, or are events only available to people who have bought DLC?
Old 11-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #482
Divine Infekt

Divine Infect's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Djinn View Post
Can anyone answer me? Will I be able to get one last event without any multiplayer DLC, or are events only available to people who have bought DLC?
war supporter is one of the original achievements... you do not need any dlc to get the achievement. just play any online game and hopefully it isn't an event you already played in...
Batman: AA - Batman: AC (1500) - Bioshock (1100) - COD3 - COD4 - Dead Island (1250) - Deus Ex: HR (1250) - Fallout 3 (1550) - Gears of War (1250) - GOW2 (1750) - GOW3 (2000) - Left 4 Dead (1500) - L4D2 (1500) - Midway Arcade Origins - Mirror's Edge (1250) - Mortal Kombat - MKvsDCU - Payday 2 - PDZ - Portal 2 - Remember Me - Simpsons - Wet

100% Arcade:
Contra - Hexic HD - MK Arcade - Perfect Dark (201%) - Portal - Simpsons - TMNT 1989 - UMK3 - Walking Dead
Divine Infekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #483
Divine Infekt

Divine Infect's Gamercard
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
While I want to believe you, too many people that have previously done 25-29/30 events on the 'old system' and weren't gifted many, or any, event credits, are still saying that the events aren't counting for them. We have to operate under the understanding (for now) that it doesn't reset your event I.D. tracking.

OP updated with today's event change.
I finally unlocked my war supporter and seriously 3.0 today, i had 29/30 events before the freebies were given out, with only 3 ribbons being earned on the second event cycle. hopefully more players will report in, so we know how the final event affects everyone's war supporter. I really appreciate all the work you put into this thread, it was really keeping me from giving up on this achievement.

its been a long 8 months, sitting on 64/65 onyx medals, waiting on war supporter. After this fiasco i am not pre-ordering, buying, renting, playing or supporting Judgement when it comes out. I've been a part of the Gears series since 2006 and i cannot tolerate epic's bullshit anymore. This franchise does however have the best gaming community unlike other games i've played. Thanks everyone for all the help! cheers!
Batman: AA - Batman: AC (1500) - Bioshock (1100) - COD3 - COD4 - Dead Island (1250) - Deus Ex: HR (1250) - Fallout 3 (1550) - Gears of War (1250) - GOW2 (1750) - GOW3 (2000) - Left 4 Dead (1500) - L4D2 (1500) - Midway Arcade Origins - Mirror's Edge (1250) - Mortal Kombat - MKvsDCU - Payday 2 - PDZ - Portal 2 - Remember Me - Simpsons - Wet

100% Arcade:
Contra - Hexic HD - MK Arcade - Perfect Dark (201%) - Portal - Simpsons - TMNT 1989 - UMK3 - Walking Dead
Divine Infekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #484
JuanPabloSmoker

JuanPabloSmoker's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Infekt View Post
I finally unlocked my war supporter and seriously 3.0 today, i had 29/30 events before the freebies were given out, with only 3 ribbons being earned on the second event cycle. hopefully more players will report in, so we know how the final event affects everyone's war supporter. I really appreciate all the work you put into this thread, it was really keeping me from giving up on this
It better not be the final event as its still not unlocking for me grrrrrrrrrr
JuanPabloSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #485
Silicon Iceman

Silicon Iceman's Gamercard
Thank you, lifeexpectancy, for keeping this up-to-date. Because of you and the time you took to make this thread, I finally got the "Socialite" achievement last night. You saved me a huge headache, man.

Also, I would like to give a big "FUCK YOU!" to Seriously 3.0. There is no way that I am going to waste god-knows how many hours getting 45,000 kills and other miscellaneous garbage. I hardly ever play versus (because I suck at it) and I've wasted enough time boosting 30 onyx medals as it is. Had these weapon kill medals (and others) have counted while playing horde, then I may reconsider since I play horde all the time.

For all of you who are going for S3.0, I say "good luck" to you. I personally think there are a lot of (newer) games out there that deserve our attention over the grindy, grinding, grind-fest that is S3.0, but, hey, to each his own.

I may stick around a little while longer to get the "Again" achievement playing the occasional game of horde, but after that, I'm done with this game for good.

-M
Silicon Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #486
lazyslothboy

lazyslothboy001's Gamercard
alas, this event is still not doing anything for me. I'll play a couple more games and hope that the achieve will unlock, but at this point i'm skeptical. The fact is that I like how Epic made the achievement viable to get in the years to come, but I don't like how those of us who were trying to get it without this boost(I was 26/30 prior to this) are left in the cold. They have until next week to make this work, if it doesnt I'm probably gonna not gonna bother looking anymore. I'm sick of waiting for events that inevitably don't count for me.

EDIT: I am hopeful that next week will work since I didn't do the thanksgiving event last year. Got the game at the end of December. So fingers crossed I guess. If that doesnt work then screw it haha

Last edited by lazyslothboy; 11-15-2012 at 06:47 PM.
lazyslothboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #487
GIMMALL

GIMMALL's Gamercard
I sat at 29/30 before everyone was bumped up. I was able to get my last ribbon on the 2nd iteration of boom snipes (nov 5th). I'm proud that I did this the old fashioned way and wasn't bumped. Does it suck that some people got that: yes. But it happens and we have to deal with it. Don't like it, don't play anymore or buy any more epic games. I love gears, its the whole reason I got an xbox 360 in the first place. I will continue to play gears games just because I think chainsawing something is fun! I mean cmon, who puts a chainsaw on a gun! Good luck everyone!
GIMMALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #488
Entity

Exalted Entity's Gamercard
An achievement is an achievement. Once it unlocks, people are happy. If it does not unlock, people are unhappy. This whole non sense about earning is just that, non sense. Some people care about earning, others do not, it is a matter of perspective and what kind of beliefs you have.

I "earned" my 29/30. I do not have the achievement. I am unhappy.
If I had done the glitch back in the day, I would have "obtained" the achievement. I would be happy.

Happiness is all that matters. How people become happy though, is different. Some people are happy about earning, others are happy about unlocking. I would be happy if I just unlocked this. I feel no pride in earning this achievement. There are no cookies, money, fame, or women waiting for me, nor is there personal sense of accomplishment.

Stop talking about legit and not legit. It means nothing in the objective truth of the world. If you want to do something, do it for the sake of doing something, not for some deeper meaning.

Everything is Permitted, and Nothing is True.
I am negative infinity. I am the manifestation of nothingness. My power is the lack of existence. The lack of existence can pull all things that exist to fill the void. Thus, my power is everything, and yet nothing. And even still, it is not a contradiction. I am negative infinity.
Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #489
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entity View Post
I "earned" my 29/30. I do not have the achievement. I am unhappy.
If I had done the glitch back in the day, I would have "obtained" the achievement. I would be happy.
I agree with you but just to clarify, it was not a glitch on our part, it was a glitch on epics part that allowed those of us who purchased the horde command pack to get socialite. I got it while idling CTL, ended up with 37 of the damn medals. I did not do anything to make it happen, it happened because epic screwed up and made every game count as an event. I happened to look at the tv while i was cooking or something and noticed it said 27/30 in i think the second or third week the game came out. Shows how easily they could've fixed it for you guys if they cared.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #490
HolyHa1fDead

HolyHa1fDead's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzazzika View Post
It does reset event ID's. I tried playing Boomsnipes right before they announced this, and then after they announced it I jumped in and played boom snipes and got teh war supporter achievement right off the bat.
You do know the last three different events have all been called Boomsnipes right? I suspect you played Boomsnipes 1, got increased to 29 then played Boomsnipes 2 which is why it counted for you.
HolyHa1fDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #491
UKHC1977

weaponx031277's Gamercard
This unlocked for me last night. Had 21 done before the updated which bumped me upto 29. Played Team Deathmatch and it unlocked after the first game, think it was another Judgement ribbon.

Glad to get this out of the way as i thought it was going to be one of those acheivements that would never unlock.
UKHC1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #492
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
Today, 22 or 23 repeated events later, the achievement finally popped for me. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for the fact that this didn't go into December like I feared

Big thanks to lifeexpectancy for helping out with keeping up the list

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men

Last edited by stuhp; 11-17-2012 at 12:21 AM.
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #493
RazerindemiX

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
ok just played boom snips and still at 29/30 aaahhhhggggg looks like i'll b waiting a bit longer
Old 11-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #494
KOX KingOfXbox

Me to it wont give me my 30th ribbon no matter how many times I play.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #495
UKHC1977

weaponx031277's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazerindemiX View Post
ok just played boom snips and still at 29/30 aaahhhhggggg looks like i'll b waiting a bit longer
Try TDM or another mode other than Boom Snipes. I had the Judgement ribbon for Bomb Snipes before the update to get me to 29 events. Tried another mode last Friday and it unlocked for me.
UKHC1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #496
KOX KingOfXbox

I have tried team deatmatch and guardian as well as old school but i will keep trying every gamemode lol.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:05 AM   #497
Fester

Just played a match of Beast. I just wanted to play Beast and poof, Socialite!! Now, just need to finish all the public stuff before my gold runs out (12/12/12).
77.58% complete

Thanks so much lifeexpectancy and everyone for the updates.

Last edited by Fester; 11-20-2012 at 05:21 AM. Reason: 21/30 is my "unofficial" standing
Fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 AM   #498
KOX KingOfXbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fester View Post
Just played a match of Beast. I just wanted to play Beast and poof, Socialite!! Now, just need to finish all the public stuff before my gold runs out (12/12/12).
77.58% complete

Thanks so much lifeexpectancy and everyone for the updates.

Did you try playing other game mode before you played beast?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #499
KOX KingOfXbox

I just played a game of beast mode with a friend and he got socialite and I did not!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #500
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I just want to reiterate to people upset that others are getting it, or that think they have to play boom snipes and/or are trying "other game modes". --------- Everything in my OP still stands despite the 29 event "bump". Pete still has to change the event to an event I.D. (there are 34 unique event I.D.s that are repeatable) that you haven't played. If it isn't unlocking for you, then that means you played the current event I.D. during cycle 1.

Yes this sucks. Yes, it means your friend who just bought Gears 3 and has never played will pop Socialite on day 1, while you may have to wait weeks or months to get it to pop.

No, playing a different playlist, or horde, or beast will not "fix" it. If you log on and play ONE versus match and it doesn't pop, just take the game out of the tray and hope that the next event rotation, if Pete bothers to do another one, will finally give you your last event.

There is too much misinformation being spread by people that are still failing to understand the event I.D. system.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #501
KOX KingOfXbox

Thank you for finally clearing this up.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #502
lazyslothboy

Kinda pissed right now. I know for a fact I did not do the thanksgiving event last year on account of me not owning the game yet and despite that I still haven't gotten the damn ribbon. I'm convinced that I cannot do it now and I likely won't bother checking if events I know I haven't done aren't counting for me. ><
Old 11-21-2012, 12:10 AM   #503
Fester

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOX KingOfXbox View Post
Did you try playing other game mode before you played beast?
No. Beast sounded fun. Popped in gears. After the match the achievement popped. I already had 29/30 when it was first given out. Almost done with beast now. Just need insane and one ribbon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyslothboy View Post
Kinda pissed right now. I know for a fact I did not do the thanksgiving event last year on account of me not owning the game yet and despite that I still haven't gotten the damn ribbon. I'm convinced that I cannot do it now and I likely won't bother checking if events I know I haven't done aren't counting for me. ><
The thanksgiving event (repeat) happened in July. Right now, the current (repeat) event is from February. I know it's confusing. I hope that helps.
Fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:32 AM   #504
lazyslothboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fester View Post

The thanksgiving event (repeat) happened in July. Right now, the current (repeat) event is from February. I know it's confusing. I hope that helps.
It helps, though it doesn't improve my mood. Three weeks after they bump everyone up to 29/30 and even their supposed "new" ribbon doesn't work for me, its really gotten me flustered.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #505
tjayars

tjayars's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GSL 11 Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for your work on this thread and keeping it updated. Sucks for the people still waiting on their last ribbon. They still need to know when the event gets changed.
tjayars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #506
Blue Papyrus

Blue Papyrus's Gamercard
Today's event is Thanksgibbing. If you haven't obtained this ribbon already, jump online and get it. Enjoy, and spread the word.

http://gearsblog.com/archive/gearswe...thanksgibbing/
Blue Papyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #507
JuanPabloSmoker

JuanPabloSmoker's Gamercard
Event has changed to thanksgibbing but still no ribbon for me. Shite.
JuanPabloSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #508
KOX KingOfXbox

Yes just played Thanksgibbing and finally got it!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:30 AM   #509
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
OP updated, and just to confirm what was said above, don't confuse the names of the events. All that matters is the # in the cycle that they are. This event is a repeat of an event from February. Just because it's a Thanksgiving event does not mean it's a repeat of the event from last November. That's why my original post shows in () which event number in the cycle the current event is a repeat of.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #510
WishoftheDragon

WishoftheDragon's Gamercard
Thanks for the heads up, was able to get my ribbon for Thanksgibbing tonight, but this only got me to so Im at 10 of 30. Was a little ticked when my nephew logged on to play (who was at 6 of 30) and found he was at 29 of 30 and got War Supporter after playing TDM.
WishoftheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote