PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Wreckateer
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #31
Goots 88

Goots 88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakezoola View Post
Yeah, the Lift Shot one is blue and looks like a lift shot in the icon. The Flying Shot one is more turquoise and looks like a Flying Shot flying close to the ground.
Perfect... thanks for verification. Seems odd that there is 41?

100% game totals (all DLC included): 73
Retail: 53
Arcade: 20

Cabela's North American Hunts: Achievement Guide by Goots 88
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...errerid=160983
Goots 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #32
MrZombieChicken

MrZombieChicken's Gamercard
You know whats funny? I have the achievement but I don't remember seeing half of these icons that are on the list.
MrZombieChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #33
Thee Elf

eg x thee elf's Gamercard
Now here's something funny. I just got the Quad Bank Shot but I'm almost positive I've never had Flame On and I just got the achievement.
Thee Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #34
MrZombieChicken

I'm thinking you don't need ALL the icons. A certain number of them perhaps.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #35
Thee Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombieChicken View Post
I'm thinking you don't need ALL the icons. A certain number of them perhaps.
But the achievement does state collect all bonus icons, which would make it misleading. The only other possibility is that I got the flame on without realizing it. However, when I was going back making my list of specialty shots and shield combinations I could have swore I went through every normal level and didn't have a Flying/Bomb Shield combination on any but as it was mentioned it appears on Challenge Map 8, which I haven't unlocked yet. Maybe it might have something to do with the 2 Daredevil variations. Just odd though.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #36
MrZombieChicken

I only have the first 3 challenges unlocked. So if it's something that appears on another challenge level then I certainly never got it, thus it's not needed.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:01 AM   #37
LeiChat

LeiChat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm not convinced that the icon floating over to the right means it is a bonus icon, even if you do earn some extra score for it.
I just get this impression due to the way it refers to some icons as "shot" and "action" icons.
Working through the list, will try to avoid some that others have mentioned as their last to see if it pops without them.
LeiChat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #38
Goots 88

Goots 88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiChat View Post
I'm not convinced that the icon floating over to the right means it is a bonus icon, even if you do earn some extra score for it.
I just get this impression due to the way it refers to some icons as "shot" and "action" icons.
Working through the list, will try to avoid some that others have mentioned as their last to see if it pops without them.
How do I put this nicely, you are wrong. Look at the achievement icon, it clearly shows "Bonus Icons" (Massive Damage, Surprise, & Bank Shot). Some shot and action icons give you Bonus Icons ie: Special Delivery and Curveball, but it is clearly talking about Bonus Icons.

As for stating it might not be all 41 of them according to our list, I have 3 more on the list to go and still have not got the achievement. I was spending to much time on 10 daredevils which I almost threw my kinect through my tv screen and still haven't got it yet.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #39
Shakezoola

Shakezoola's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee Elf View Post
But the achievement does state collect all bonus icons, which would make it misleading. The only other possibility is that I got the flame on without realizing it. However, when I was going back making my list of specialty shots and shield combinations I could have swore I went through every normal level and didn't have a Flying/Bomb Shield combination on any but as it was mentioned it appears on Challenge Map 8, which I haven't unlocked yet. Maybe it might have something to do with the 2 Daredevil variations. Just odd though.
Sorry to mislead you guys, there are other campaign maps that have a Flying Shot and a Bomb Shield in them, 2-4 for example. I just happened to actually do the combination in Challenge 8, since it's the only thing you can do in that map.
Shakezoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #40
Thee Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakezoola View Post
I still haven't gotten the 10 daredevils either, I was going to go for the remainder of my achievements after I gold all the maps. My current plan was to try and find a long flat map, start with low power and try to fly close to the ground for a while to rack up a few in succession and hopefully pop up and weave through some pillars to get the last few. It seems as long as you can manage to stick close to the ground it will keep awarding you the flying shot daredevil icon.
Challenge map 3 is the easiest. Start off shooting low power left and you'll get one for missing the cliff. Then activate and weave from the right to the left and back again. Never stay in the center. After all pillars you can weave up and down for a few more. I managed 14 in one run. This is A LOT easier than trying mission 8-1 for it.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #41
Goots 88

Goots 88's Gamercard
Quote:
Challenge map 3 is the easiest. Start off shooting low power left and you'll get one for missing the cliff. Then activate and weave from the right to the left and back again. Never stay in the center. After all pillars you can weave up and down for a few more. I managed 14 in one run. This is A LOT easier than trying mission 8-1 for it.
Sorry I'm not following you... When you say weave in and out of pillars are you saying in the middle between the 2 on either side or go around them and weave in and out...

Old 07-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #42
Thee Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goots 88 View Post
Sorry I'm not following you... When you say weave in and out of pillars are you saying in the middle between the 2 on either side or go around them and weave in and out...
Hopefully THIS will help.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #43
LeiChat

LeiChat's Gamercard

Quote:
How do I put this nicely, you are wrong. Look at the achievement icon, it clearly shows "Bonus Icons" (Massive Damage, Surprise, & Bank Shot). Some shot and action icons give you Bonus Icons ie: Special Delivery and Curveball, but it is clearly talking about Bonus Icons.

As for stating it might not be all 41 of them according to our list, I have 3 more on the list to go and still have not got the achievement. I was spending to much time on 10 daredevils which I almost threw my kinect through my tv screen and still haven't got it yet.
Either I've not explained myself clearly or you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. There are shot, action and bonus icons. What I'm suggesting is that some of the icons listed, for example "Dud", "Pacifist" and "Freedom", seem too negative to be classed as "bonus" icons and potentially are not actually required to unlock the achievement.
The fact you've not unlocked the achievement doesn't mean that all 41 are bonus icons, it just means you have not yet earnt all the ones that are.

I'm not claiming you're wrong, nicely or not, but at this point based upon the fact neither you or I have unlocked it and on the other comments in this thread we don't yet know for sure the minimum requirement for the achievement.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #44
Goots 88

Goots 88's Gamercard
Quote:
Either I've not explained myself clearly or you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. There are shot, action and bonus icons. What I'm suggesting is that some of the icons listed, for example "Dud", "Pacifist" and "Freedom", seem too negative to be classed as "bonus" icons and potentially are not actually required to unlock the achievement.
The fact you've not unlocked the achievement doesn't mean that all 41 are bonus icons, it just means you have not yet earnt all the ones that are.

I'm not claiming you're wrong, nicely or not, but at this point based upon the fact neither you or I have unlocked it and on the other comments in this thread we don't yet know for sure the minimum requirement for the achievement.
I agree 100%. But what I am saying is that the shot and action icons are the shields, nothing to do with this achievement relatively speaking. However, the icons like dud, pacifist and freedom do actually net you additional points therefore are a bonus.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #45
LeiChat

LeiChat's Gamercard

No harm having a complete list.
Hardest thing at the minute is finding a suitable level to match each requirement for the ones I know I haven't done.

For the daredevils, try just flying continually close to the ground rather than going up and down. I'm pretty sure that's how I got the last four when I was going for the ten.

Last edited by LeiChat; 07-31-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #46
Goots 88

Goots 88's Gamercard
Quote:
No harm having a complete list.
Hardest thing at the minute is finding a suitable level to match each requirement for the ones I know I haven't done.

For the daredevils, try just flying continually close to the ground rather than going up and down. I'm pretty sure that's how I got the last four when I was going for the ten.
Thanks for the advice.

Which ones are you having trouble on, maybe I can assist with a level that might help.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #47
Goots 88

Goots 88's Gamercard
Thoughts on color coding the Bonus Icon names?

Also, if I need to change any let me know, doing this completely off my amazing memory.

Update: So I just got 'Oh, you got tricks?' Achievement. I needed to get all 41 for the achievement. The list is 100% complete and accurate.

Last edited by Goots 88; 08-02-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #48
LeiChat

LeiChat's Gamercard

Just did a quick test using the FameStar Challenges weekly list.
Fired two standards shots off to the side and picked up two low power and pacifist icons, then a flying shot off the back of the screen, again a low power and a freedom icon.
So my "negative" theory is invalid as FameStar now lists me as 6/100 for the "Collect 100 Bonus Icons" challenge.
Looks like they all count as "bonus" even if you don't earn a bonus for them.

Has anyone noticed when the achievement popped, was it at the end of a level or as soon as you got the bonus icon? Just wondering if restarting/mulligans mid level might mean you could potentially remove a bonus icon from your progress by accident.

Last edited by LeiChat; 08-03-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #49
Goots 88

Goots 88's Gamercard
Quote:
Has anyone noticed when the achievement popped, was it at the end of a level or as soon as you got the bonus icon? Just wondering if restarting/mulligans mid level might mean you could potentially remove a bonus icon from your progress by accident.
It popped as soon as I got 'Flame On'. It was the last one i needed and I was quickly playing through levels to find it then i remembered someone posted here you can get it back on level 2-4. So I went back and boom, popped right away.

Worth noting, but has not been tested, I believe if you restart or use a mulligan the bonus icon does not count since the points are removed from your score...

Also, no one has answered yet, how does everyone like the Bonus Icons being color coded? Are some difficult to read?

PS - added some levels to the list where certain bonus icons can be obtained

Old 08-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #50
LeiChat

LeiChat's Gamercard

Colour coding is fine. How about grouping the achievements by shot type?

Level 2-4 is a simple level for the Massive Damage bonus icon.
With the first standard shot aim for the balloon hanging goblin and let the shot fall behind that front wall so you get a bank shot bouncing into the castle at the back.

Last edited by LeiChat; 08-03-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #51
Thee Elf

The color coding is fine but I definitely think a little grouping might make things a little more organized.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #52
Goots 88

Goots 88's Gamercard
Quote:
The color coding is fine but I definitely think a little grouping might make things a little more organized.
Is the grouping better? Should I keep action icon combinations separate or add them to the correct shot type?

Old 08-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #53
LeiChat

LeiChat's Gamercard

Job done I reckon.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #54
Dusturm

Dusturm's Gamercard
Quote:

26) Split Bank - Get 4 Bank Shot icons in one Split Shot after activating - Thanks to Shakezoola
Anybody know of a good level to get this on? I think it's the only one I need.

edit
And never mind. 2-1 is a great place to earn it.

Last edited by Dusturm; 11-24-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Dusturm is offline   Reply With Quote