PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-22-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
JKidman

o K I D M A N o's Gamercard
Exclamation Question About Good Karma Achievement.

Yeah just want to be sure, What ive already done & What im going to do, To be able unlock the achievement as it long paying campagin over & over! Sooo ive completed the campagin on veteran, I skipped all the strike force missions and the briggs shoot out scene, didnt have karma in the room and i got the showdone achievement! Now what im thinking is see if i can play 4 of the strike force mission though mission select, Then rewind campagin to mission karma, Save her this time, then hopefully the second chance mission should pop up, play that, then continue campagin playing 'suffer with me'.. 'Then kill harper'...Then shoot briggs in the leg & complete mission and it should unlock right?? Just want someone to let me if this would work, Dont want to go thiugh this for nothing! Thanks.
JKidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:56 AM   #2
marioeduardo

mebc's Gamercard
Just choose the karma mission and press RB, to rewind the history... If you press A, you won't be able to continue through the storyline...
marioeduardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
JKidman

Yeah but if you do that then the only strike force mission you will get is second chance & im sure i read somewhere you need all strike force missions done to unlock Good Karma ?? This is a pain in the ass man, I may just do what you said and see what happens...!
Old 11-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
neil_lien

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKidman View Post
Yeah but if you do that then the only strike force mission you will get is second chance & im sure i read somewhere you need all strike force missions done to unlock Good Karma ?? This is a pain in the ass man, I may just do what you said and see what happens...!
Hmm, no. When rewinding on Karma, you open up the first three strike force missions, do them, complete Karma mission, then the last strike force mission will open up... which contributes to "all strike force missions".

+ Unlocked: every achievement on every COD +
(from COD1 to Ghosts)
neil_lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
JKidman

Ok cheers ill give that a go tonight when i get home from work, I'm sure there is 5 strike force missions though, Thats only 4 you mentioned.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
neil_lien

Yup, you don't do Second Chance as part of the achievement.

+ Unlocked: every achievement on every COD +
(from COD1 to Ghosts)
neil_lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
JKidman

Exclamation

Ok now you have just confused me, many people have said you need to do ALL Strike Force Missions?? Also ive rewinded campagin on good karma, & saw the 3 strike fore missions, by accident i pressed start karma & it saved checkpoint so im stuck on it now, hoping all 4 strike force missions will be there once completed Karma? Any know this? & one thing that has also confused me BIG TIME is that i last completed the campagin on veteran, started up karma again lowered it to recuirt in the start menu and for some reason it feels soooo hard even worst than when i played it on veteran what the hell is that all about? I cant even it past the first shooting bit (where you pick ziggy up) Help me out people this achievement is doing my head ! Anyone who knows what there talk about, can you write a DETAIL Step by step guide! CHEERS !!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
markvvoc

Mark The ASBO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Rewind to karmA, do the available strike force missions then do karma, then do any more strike force missions that come up and then continue the story, again make sure u do any more strike force missions that appear, there is one that, possibly the last strike force mission there is you need to do this before you do Odysseus because the Chinese help protect USs Obama from sinking thus saving karma on the boat

Add me on XBL if you want to team up for some achievements or just want to have some gaming fun...always up for a laugh...
markvvoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #9
JKidman

Thanks for the relpy, But you didnt answer my Question Ive already started the karma mission without doing the 3 strike force missions you can do, I want to know if i complete good karma, The strike force missions will still be there and also if it will not fuck up the achievement from unlocking ???
Old 11-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
markvvoc

Should be yes. As that's how I did it. I let defalco escape in karma then rescued her in second chance and did the other strike force
Missions that were available, did another mission and another strike force mission appeared And did that then continued the story and after completing oddesues and watching the cut scene where it shows the ship being saver popped the achievement. Sorry am on my phone And misread your previous post. Hope this helps. Took me hours of messing about to do the achievement so I do feel your pain.

Add me on XBL if you want to team up for some achievements or just want to have some gaming fun...always up for a laugh...
Old 11-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
JKidman

Lol yeah im on my phone to, it is hard haa, well thats made me feel abit better about it, ill complete karma then do all the strike force then do suffer with me then kill harper then do the boat mission!! Im sure you have to save her in karma though & still do second chance i may do this just to make sure!
Old 11-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #12
markvvoc

Technically she is still alive in karma when she gets onto the helicopter with defalco. Just I could not be arsed to play karma over and over As I must have done it 5 plus times Nd forgot to do the last strike force mission so the boat got sunk until the penny dropped about what I was doing wrong lol so I rewound to suffer with me I think then did the strike force mission to save karma and did it that way

Old 11-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #13
JKidman

Oh right i see mate, ill try do a couple of missions tonight when i get home from work, I am i bit comfused though because the last time i completed the game was on veteran & i rewinded it back to karma, pressed start and it was still on veteran so i lowered it right down to recruit, But it still seems to be soo hard for some reason just one guy, kills me within seconds (2 shots) but yet it says its on recruit, I have no idea, i remember playing on regular that felt easier ! Also do you choose difficults for strike force missions cos i cant see any where to change it??
Old 11-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #14
markvvoc

I'm not Sure about strike force missions and their difficulties. You should be Able to back out to the screen that says continue campaign/replay mission/options etc and choose the difficulty there then choose the mission and you should have the rewind option to start campaign from there. Even on recruit there are a couple of guys with guns thy seem to be able to kill you with one or two shots especially towards the end of the karma level and oddesues

Old 11-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #15
markvvoc

How have you got on?

Old 11-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #16
JKidman

Smile

Hi pal i didnt have time last night, didnt get in until late & had work today which i am still here gay! But if i dont get in to late tonight, ill give it a go, and up date ya !.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #17
BORN T0 KILL IT

BORN T0 KILL IT's Gamercard
I was pretty much in the same situation, and I just went back and got the good karma achievement.
Rewinding on karma and then playing through will net you the achievement. Just make sure you get the strike force missions done ASAP. And since you save karma during the mission, you won't open up the Second Chance strike force mission, so don't worry about that. Also, lowering the difficulty during the mission seems to change the strike force difficulty as well since they seemed MUCH easier than they did when I attempted on veteran.
Hopefully this confirmation helps and thanks to everyone who gave the original help since I had the same question and this thread cleared it up.
BORN T0 KILL IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #18
JKidman

Thumbs down

Got a chance to do, Good karma today did all the steps worked fine, got my achievement, so now the only 2 Achievements i have left to get are collect all intel & complete all challenges in black ops, The thing is where i had to let del..(somethink) i didnt get to do the last strike force mission (second chance) So am i thinking right that i now have to rewind to karma AGAIN to let him escape so i unlock second chance, so then i can then complete the 10 challenges on that level to be able to unlock that achievement ?? (because i cant seem to swe it when i want to play a mission in the menu's) If this is so...What i annoyin game this is turning out to be! Ahh i cant be arsed to lose challenges for like 8 missions to then reply missions, that ive already played like 6 times just to unlock second chance, & the play them again like 3 times to finally get the chllenges OMG THIS GAME!! What was they thinking!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #19
markvvoc

That's exactly what I have thought many times lol game drives me nuts regarding them achievements. But reading what you said you are right about how to get that achievement. Once u have completed the
Campaign I'm sure all the missions should be Available for you to select when you select them individually opposed to playing the campaign? I've actually just lent the game to my partners son so can't go and check myself at the mo

Old 11-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #20
JKidman

Reading what you have posted maybe i got mad for no reason regarding the mision select, where i had to rewind to get for The achievement Good Karma i haven't bothered to complete the game again yet (still need to do the last 2 mission) maybe once done them it will allow me to play second chance, We will see, My plan of action is to do the challenges from mission 1 to mission 5 then play last 2 missions to see if second does unlock, if not ill have to rewind back to karma play then game AGIAN then do the challenges from mission 6 to 11, then finally do the 5 strike force. The pain man its more like a job now beause ive got all achievements on COD 2/4/5/6/7 & 8 so i cant help it, Must be done ! Haha Then it just the case of waiting for the zombie DLC yeah boy!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #21
Nusentinsaino

Nusentinsaino's Gamercard
The achievement guides ar good but they are not very clear on how to do this. It's pretty shitty but yeah I messaged the posters and hopefully they will get their shit together
Old 11-26-2012, 05:01 AM   #22
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
thanks for the tips
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #23
JKidman

No worries pal, Its good to help people out..stupid game hahaa !!!