PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Shooter > Contract Killer
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
VaultDweller13

Sector C's Gamercard
Unhappy Crashes immediately after load?

So I've been playing this game fine since it came out but as of today the game crashes back to the Xbox Live screen as soon as it loads. Has this been happening to anyone else? I've tried resetting my phone but it still happens. If I delete it and reinstall it from the marketplace will I still have all my saved game content? I've never deleted a game from my phone before so I have no idea.
VaultDweller13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
AestheticDebris

AestheticDebris's Gamercard
Yup, it's started happening to me lately. If I turn on airplane mode so the game is forced to run offline, it seems to work so I presume it's some sort of problem with the connection to the server side of things. Very annoying.
AestheticDebris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Darkabyssmaker

Darkabyssmaker's Gamercard
It started to happen to me yesterday. I've only been able to play once out of about 30 attempts. I hope they patch this problem soon.
Darkabyssmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Had this problem for the last 5 days. Have only been able to get in to the game online once. I just put it in airplane mode and it works. Definitely a server issue.

If you uninstall the game it WILL DELETE YOUR SAVE. Some other member have done that and had to restart from square one. Do not do that. Eventually this will get fixed.

Also, you can still obtain the daily bonus (though it is only small amount of petty cash first four days, you can earn credits on Day 5 which it is random what you get. Just load into the game offline. Then hit the home button, navigate to your settings and turn airplane mode back off and let your phone connect to 4G or Wifi, then use the back button to get back into the game. Daily bonus should pop up as soon as you load back in. Also, you are not truly online becuase the game will not load the leaderboards or anything friend related.

Hope they fix this soon. I have just stopped at Level 20 for now. I am not going to level 40 if I have to turn on airplane mode everytime. That is annoying.

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
306 COMPLETED GAMES (115 WP)

Check out my 118 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
Grantbear

GR4NT 7714's Gamercard
Have you ever been awarded credits for the Day 5 daily bonus? How many credits did you get? So far I've only had one Day 5 bonus and I got $1500.

Grantbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
hentei009

henteii McYerba's Gamercard
happened to me and as a result I lost my progress 6 times, leaving me to almost anything to get to level 10
hentei009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
VaultDweller13

Sector C's Gamercard
Yea, so now the game doesn't even load anything at all. It just black screens and crashes as soon as I start it up. If the only solution turns out to be something that erases my save I'm just going to stop playing it, same with Bug Village.
VaultDweller13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
JB330

JB330's Gamercard
I'm having the same problem. Yesterday it crashed after loading. Later in the day I started getting kicked back to my home screen and I had to app switch back to get it to crash after loading. Now it's nothing but black screens. It won't run in airplane mode either. The last time I had trouble the solution seemed to be to wait it out but now it's getting worse as time goes on.

JB330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #9
vader

Vader's Gamercard
My game froze this morning in a middle of a mission. My character was still being shot, but I couldn't aim or fire at all (so that was fun). I rebooted the phone and it worked after that....for whatever that's worth.
vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
vader

Vader's Gamercard
I have mentioned this in the General Glitches thread, but this has now been happening to me for the last two days straight and I've been unable to play at all, like the original poster.

I've started a thread on Glu's support forums here....please chime in with a description of your problems to help give them info to figure this one out.

http://www.glu.com/forumthreadview/27100?back=
vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
YBEAR

ybear's Gamercard
Game is still frozen for me...i've tried every trick besides uninstalling and reinstalling because that will reset my exp. TERRIBLE
YBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:46 AM   #12
tormond

Tormond's Gamercard
I am having the same issue but something I have noticed "mostly" works. Start the app with cellular data off (don't need to go into airplane mode). Once it is started just Windows key back to the homescreen and restart data connectivity then fast app switch (hold down back key). This has worked for me probably 90% of the time. Kinda a pain but at least lets me do daily challenges and check the daily play thing.
tormond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #13
BlackRob182

BlackRob183's Gamercard
Thanks for tormond's reply^^^ This method worked for fixing the black screen then home glitch. I haven't been able to play this game for a few weeks now and after trying the above attempt a few times (to get it right) I finally got the game to start up. So thanks alot!

*UPDATE*
Well I haven't gotten it to start up yet but at least now I get the glu logo and connecting screen. I'm sure I can get around those but just mentioning this as well

**UPDATE 2**
Nevermind, I never got it to happen again after that first time, so now I'm back to black screen to nothing again

Last edited by BlackRob182; 04-06-2013 at 05:37 PM.
BlackRob182 is offline   Reply With Quote