Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Mopey

Mopey Pi's Gamercard
This game is good

Hi.

The title pretty much sums it up. We have a bitching thread, but not a 'I like this game' thread. No matter how hard you hate it from time to time, eventually you come back and play it. That's what I like about this Halo.

343i just made it right. I like the fact that I don't have to get 50 million 'credits' to the next rank at some point. At all times, it's a good amount of EXP I have to gain, but it's not impossible and there is always something that makes you want to get there.

I have been playing with the DMR almost every time now. When I grinded it to Master, I will use the BR. Or maybe the Carbine? Or Light Rifle? Whatever I choose, it will be something else that keeps me playing the game and gives the game the chance to keep it fresh.

The loadouts keep the game fresh, as well. Do I want to sprint to get the best stuff in the beginning of the game, or do I want to hide with camouflage, or just blaze through everything (bad idea) with an offensive loadout? I can adjust it anytime I want, either in the menu or ingame, and that's great.

Slayer gametypes give me the chance to respawn anytime I want. I don't have to see someone hump my corpse, I can get right back into the action. I don't even have time to throw my controller out of anger - I just jump right back in.

Flood is just as I wished it to be since Halo's community invented 'Infection' (read: Zombie) in Halo 2, CTF finally gives me the chance to wield a pistol with the flag (even though I still don't know how to hell to throw the flag away when I picked it up?!), 343i made it Big Team Slayer and not Big Team Battle (with objectives), we get a fair amount of EXP even if we lost a match and people who don't like to fight each other in War Games just play Spartan Ops and get fun missions, too.

Those fun missions reminded me a lot of those 'this part rocks!'-thoughts when playing Silent Cartographer in Halo: CE. A quick fix of action and cooptimistic playing. The campaign is intense and the cinematics are just gorgeous.

I don't want to sound like a fanboy, but the game is just what the Halo franchise needed, and this magic was needed badly.

So what do you like about the game?

Last edited by Mopey; 11-26-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Mopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
HuskyHuscarl

C0MPLY 0R D13's Gamercard
I like the different take on the campaign.
I like the funness of multiplayer (As always)
The Flood gametype
Spartan Ops is pretty good as well!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
ruslan74

Send a message via MSN to ruslan74 Send a message via Skype™ to ruslan74

ruslan74's Gamercard
I really enjoyed the campaign tempo, the twists in the story and specially the ending.

Graphically the game has also placed itself as a benchmark on the X360 even though the console is almost 7 years old.

The MP aspect is fun with friends on whichever mode you are best at.

I think 343 have made an excellent entry into the universe Bungie placed into their hands.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I didn't like Reach having credits to rank up, seemed to take ages and I got bored at Captain or something. Enough for the achievement.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopey View Post
343i just made it right. I like the fact that I don't have to get 50 million 'credits' to the next rank at some point.

So what do you like about the game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan74 View Post
Graphically the game has also placed itself as a benchmark on the X360 even though the console is almost 7 years old.
These two posts are spot on.

Some other things I like:
  • The entire Campaign
  • Matchmaking still has that core gameplay - Dominion & Team Oddball are great additions
  • Spartan Ops is really starting to pick up
  • Endless Commendations to work on, which is always a plus for me

Of course, there are numerous things I am not satisfied with, i.e. ordinance drops, join-in-progress, lack of small based maps. I am enjoying the game nonetheless.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Last edited by BiggD; 11-26-2012 at 07:42 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #6
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I will list my 3 favorite things about the multiplayer:
  • The animations of my feet when I look down are p. realistic
  • I can basically camp forever on Ragnarok in camo with ordinance priority since I can drop power weapons on myself
  • The MP isn't very good guys I can't lie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I could be a stud with females and get laid all the time

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #7
HighsounD

HighsounD's Gamercard
I like that it's not Reach which was way to much catered towards noobs.

I hate that it's not Halo 3, which was catered to the more skillful players.

A full 1-50 ranking system and competitive gametypes is a must if they want to keep the population for this game.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
  • I can basically camp forever on Ragnarok in camo with ordinance priority since I can drop power weapons on myself
So you're the guy!

Love:
  • 98% of Campaign, I truly enjoyed it
  • Spartan Ops is fun as hell with friends and really looking forward to the remaining episodes.
Not as much love:
  • Campaign and MP are buggy as hell.
  • The ending grenade "fight". Not cool 343, not cool.
  • MP not fun, agree with Gheuh there. It's not Slayer, it's SpawnDie.
Spawn, get run over by a ghost.

Spawn, get shot by a sniper.
Spawn, get run over by a ghost driven by a teammate.
Spawn, sniped again.
Spawn, get run over by a hog driven by a teammate.
Spawn, assassinated.

Got my 20 wins, honestly don't think I'll go back to it.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:44 AM   #9
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've enjoyed my time playing Halo 4. Campaign was great. I like the idea of Spartan Ops, it could be executed better but still a nice little additional side of the game.

I pretty much love the multiplayer with the exception of big team battle maps. Everyone has their likes and dislikes in a map but I really don't like any of them in big team slayer. It's a shame, I loved it in Reach.

I love SWAT, I hope it does indeed become permanent. Spawns could be better but not a huge deal unless your a dedicated gamer playing to win instead of playing for fun.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:23 AM   #10
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Spawn, get run over by a ghost.

Spawn, get shot by a sniper.
Spawn, get run over by a ghost driven by a teammate.
Spawn, sniped again.
Spawn, get run over by a hog driven by a teammate.
Spawn, assassinated.
Wow, that must sure sucks, I never had that before, sorry that happend to you!

What I love was the campaign, MP, Spartan Ops pretty much everything.
Side note I didnt like was the campaign felt to short, it reminded me playing Halo:CE, but the levels didnt seem that long like it was in this one for some reason, I remember playing Halo and it took forever to complete a level on any difficulty, just the aspect of the first halo game, it was massive to play in. This felt abit short in each level didnt matter on the difficulty either but sure had a blast. The end was a tearjerker, not going to lie, Dom's ending was deeper in Gears 3 in my thoughts.

Multiplayer: 3/4 like, you really need people to play with, I'am a lonewolf kind of guy at times. But man people get pissed off if they get an assist, I don't, all I care is for the WIN! People getting upset on assist really piss me off, who cares its the WIN thats important. The 1/4 I dont like is the join in matches and the setting up before matches, your with a low level team againts a high level team.

Spartan ops: Love the way they are taking this leading towards the next Halo game, no gap between the next. Just leading on what the story is offering to us, expand outside of MC's shoes. A bit of reach I think, but way better than reach, that was soooo boring, the maps were the same in my way, no matter how many forge maps they choosed, so blain for MP I mean.

Spartan ops I enjoy, just the level they re-use over at times, does get boring..and cannot wait for the DLC they will use for them in the up coming episodes! If they do.

but yeah a deff. 9.5/10 for me!

Last edited by SHMEEDIDDY; 11-27-2012 at 05:27 AM.
SHMEEDIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #11
Hishoa

Quote:
I will list my 3 favorite things about the multiplayer:
  • The animations of my feet when I look down are p. realistic
  • The MP isn't very good guys I can't lie
1. Try spinning around while looking at your feet. They can't keep up and it looks like your body's twisted beyond reason.

2. Not too sure what slot Ordinance Priority uses, but if you can use AA Efficiency with it, you'd be able to camo twice as much as it doubles your AA recovery rate!

3. Gotta agree with you there.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #12
KAMEO550

KAMEO550's Gamercard
Excellent game, 9-9.5ish / 10 in my book. Very impressed with the graphics, especially on such a dated console. Campaign was great, a little short for my liking, but more substantial than Black Ops 2's in my opinion. I like the short nature of the Spartan Ops missions, allows me to get that daily quick fix. I'm not much of a multiplayer fan, and I still have mixed thoughts on the loadout system, but I'm glad that 343 took a chance and brought some fresh new ideas to the table to mix things up a bit.
KAMEO550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:04 AM   #13
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
I found a few other things I like:
  • I like the ordinance system because random luck always make for the best competitive games
  • I like how the boltshot outclasses every other secondary so it's really easy to pick what I want in every one of my loadouts
  • I like the thruster pack being totally worthless so I never have to consider using it outside of Flood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I could be a stud with females and get laid all the time

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #14
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHMEEDIDDY View Post
Wow, that must sure sucks, I never had that before, sorry that happend to you!
TX. Not every match but often enough to suck all the fun out of it.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #15
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I loved 98% of the campaign too(i agree tough the "boos fight" was really shit)

Spartan Ops is mostly just a revamped Firefight mode but the Tiny bits of story put into it is better than nothing, and they are shorter, not endlessly long like before. Cinematics are awesome and they are mainly what i am waiting for each week...LOL

MP , bah... Slayer is pretty much like before, and yeah im part of those guys that fuckin hate to get an assist... especially when its the third in a row that i did all the job on for like 10 secs... and then bam 1 bullet out of nowhere and he dies...

BUT Swat is just damn good now, if they can release new maps tough, because right now i love Haven and Adrift, but Solace is Meh... and i hate Abandon. (Complex is.... complex, sometimes i like playing it, but when people camp too much this map is a nightmare)

But im glad the target isn't hide anymore by text and no damn stupid "yeahhhhh" shity noise and confettis when you kill somebody. Look more serious and more fun.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #16
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Multiplayer is awesome and the campaign is always fun
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #17
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post

Not as much love:
  • The ending grenade "fight". Not cool 343, not cool.
Oh god, tell me about it, that was so terrible.
Jesus, some of you guys fold like a card table at the slightest whim of a challenge.
Jakez123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #18
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
No armor lock. Or crazy evade that makes you fling yourself off the edges of maps.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:51 AM   #19
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

-I like how I can't get any more XP until the 30th.
-I like how short the campaign was
-I like how many glitches there are in the MP
-I like how I can't replay any old episodes in S-Ops
-I like joining a random MP game, just to find out I'm on the losing team
-I like how laggy the Wargames and S-Ops games are
-I like how there are three different versions of the same weapon
-I like how there's alternate versions of armor parts, but there's no noticeable difference between it and the original
-I like how almost every weapon is a power weapon
Old 11-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #20
Benmahalf X

Benmahalf X's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMEO550 View Post
Very impressed with the graphics, especially on such a dated console.
Have to disagree on this point, if the 360 is still capable of producing games like this, it is not a dated system. I don't think we need a new generation of systems anytime soon.

I like the campaign for its outstanding story, though I think some missions are too LONG. Everything used to have three parts, but now there's a fourth thrown in on some of them (not all, perhaps the lack of consistency is what really drives me nuts) when I think the mission should (or want it to) be over. The artificial extension of levels, such as the extra gondola stop in Shutdown, or the numerous warps on Midnight is irritating as well.

I like SWAT, Slayer and Regicide. I don't like CTF, although I only played one game on an ENORMOUS map which took years to get over to the other base. I don't like Flood much, but not a zombies fan either TBH.

I like being able to choose the game type I want before going into a match.

I like the achievements and how nothing is luck-based or random. Everything is down to your skill. Knock on wood that it stays that way.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #21
noob school bus

noob schoo1 bus's Gamercard
I have played since Halo: CE came out over 10 years ago. I think it's hard to put them all on a podium against one another since each (most) brought significant changes over it's predecessor and had different game plays. With that in mind though, I don't remember feeling this excited while playing campaign since Halo 2 came out (and that campaign was really lackluster during parts; especially fighting as the covenant, but getting your hands on new Halo content after 3 years was very exciting with all of the new changes).

So yes, to keep it short, I really think Halo 4 is a home run and definitely knocks a few of the past out of the ring.
noob school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:04 AM   #22
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmahalf X View Post
Have to disagree on this point, if the 360 is still capable of producing games like this, it is not a dated system. I don't think we need a new generation of systems anytime soon.
And you're a fine example of someone who doesn't see outside the box. Keep living the dream, kid.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:48 AM   #23
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet1337 View Post
And you're a fine example of someone who doesn't see outside the box. Keep living the dream, kid.
I happen to agree with the guy. It's been barely two years since the new Slim version of the Xbox came out. It's kind of silly to release a "next-gen" console with that short a time period between unveilings.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:20 AM   #24
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
I happen to agree with the guy. It's been barely two years since the new Slim version of the Xbox came out. It's kind of silly to release a "next-gen" console with that short a time period between unveilings.
You think it's silly for them to release a new system after they released a slimmer version of their same system that released almost 4 and a half years earlier?. You're fine with playing on the same hardware for over eight years, assuming the next xbox is released in 2014? Have fun with that...
Old 11-29-2012, 04:42 AM   #25
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet1337 View Post
You think it's silly for them to release a new system after they released a slimmer version of their same system that released almost 4 and a half years earlier?. You're fine with playing on the same hardware for over eight years, assuming the next xbox is released in 2014? Have fun with that...
No, I think it's silly that they wasted time and money developing the Xbox 360 Slim in the first place. I would've much rather them spend that effort on their next console. But like the other poster said; if the Xbox 360 can continue to excel in playing progressively more demanding games (ACIII, Dishonored, Halo 4, etc), I don't think there's a need for a next-gen just yet. To be honest, though.. insinuating that you shouldn't be okay with playing wonderful games on an Xbox 360 just because a new console is supposedly right around the corner is the only thing silly here.. your original reply to the other poster is very ironic.

Quote:

Last edited by Hishoa; 11-29-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #26
DoubleT619

DoubleT619's Gamercard
I love the scenery on the campaign levels, especially when you get to cruise around Requiem wreckin' fools!
DoubleT619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #27
drexsack

drexsack's Gamercard
I love the new multiplayer. Halo 3 was fine (I miss the skill ranking), but Reach evolved it for me. I played much more Reach than Halo 3. The armor abilities gave it a whole new dimension, and the DMR pwns the shitty Battle Rifle. And Halo 4 evolves it furthermore. I can play the weapons I want and don't have to start with this fucked up Assault Rifle and search the map 5 mins for a useful weapon. Perfect. Loadouts and stuff are nice, you can build your own playstyle, I like it. Ordnance drops? Why not? Better than half my team camping and killing each other for the next power weapon drop. And the best: JOIN IN PROGRESS. Some kid rage quits because he goes like 1-3 k/d. Big problem in Halo 3 and Reach, because it started a quitting process and I always ended up 2-3 vs 8 in BTB, getting raped like hell. And now: Someone else joins and the match continues. Best feature for me.

I only want more maps (coming soon), the pregame lobby from Reach (I loved to check stats from others) and nicer armors (80% looks the same or like shit, or even both. There are like 3 helmets I like, kinda strange). And I miss Firefight, but Spartan Ops is ok. Lets see, for how long they make new episodes.
drexsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #28
DaChiefOfOwnage

DaChiefOfOwnage's Gamercard
I absolutely love the Prometheans. They're so varied and unique, the opposite of a generic filler enemy.
DaChiefOfOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #29
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChiefOfOwnage View Post
I absolutely love the Prometheans. They're so varied and unique, the opposite of a generic filler enemy.
Also can be a huge pain in the ass on legendary.....I like it.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #30
Wortsenawl

wortsenawl's Gamercard

Quote:
I found a few other things I like:
  • I like the ordinance system because random luck always make for the best competitive games
  • I like how the boltshot outclasses every other secondary so it's really easy to pick what I want in every one of my loadouts
  • I like the thruster pack being totally worthless so I never have to consider using it outside of Flood
I too like clouds with silver linings.

Join Now!

Completed Games - [70] - Retail [54] - Arcade [16]:
**Most Recent**
Mafia II (all DLC)
LoTR: War in the North
Batman Arkham City (+CW DLC)
Track n Field
Secret of Monkey Island: SE
Dark Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
First, let me say...you deserve to be banned, mocked, and flogged to death with a bag of dicks.
Wortsenawl is offline   Reply With Quote