Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-22-2012, 03:46 AM   #181
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Is the "Game Changer" achievement glitched? I can't save the gametype. I go to just game options and hit 'Y', nothing. I select game options and hit 'Y', still nothing. Am I missing something [read the guide here/watched a video] because this shouldn't be that hard.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #182
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
Is the "Game Changer" achievement glitched? I can't save the gametype. I go to just game options and hit 'Y', nothing. I select game options and hit 'Y', still nothing. Am I missing something [read the guide here/watched a video] because this shouldn't be that hard.
Wasn't glitched for me. What the guide doesn't say to do is actually change something when you press A for "Game Options" to make it custom (like match length, respawn time, etc). Then you press Y and "Save as...".

The guide omits the important step to change a setting...
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #183
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Does anyone have any tips for No One Left Behind? I tried this with a friend last night, but the AI is awful. Both times the two of us were killing the enemies non stop but we kept losing the marines.

On our first attempt we were using ghosts circling around the main structure but we noticed the marines were following us and getting killed in the open.

So on our second attempt, we stayed inside the structure but were overwhelmed with elites and the few remaining marines were running around the top of the structure and were taken out when the phantoms showed up
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #184
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Wasn't glitched for me. What the guide doesn't say to do is actually change something when you press A for "Game Options" to make it custom (like match length, respawn time, etc). Then you press Y and "Save as...".

I did that too. I've done what I said + changed every option you can change under Game Options. I've changed just one thing, a few things. Can't get it to let me save.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #185
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Does anyone have any tips for No One Left Behind? I tried this with a friend last night, but the AI is awful. Both times the two of us were killing the enemies non stop but we kept losing the marines.

On our first attempt we were using ghosts circling around the main structure but we noticed the marines were following us and getting killed in the open.

So on our second attempt, we stayed inside the structure but were overwhelmed with elites and the few remaining marines were running around the top of the structure and were taken out when the phantoms showed up
Play on Heroic [My brother and I did it on legendary] and give the marines the power weapons [Rockets/whatever else] and then stay close to them. Do what you were doing by staying inside with one person and the other move around outside of the area you're in to protect them.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:06 AM   #186
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
Play on Heroic [My brother and I did it on legendary] and give the marines the power weapons [Rockets/whatever else] and then stay close to them. Do what you were doing by staying inside with one person and the other move around outside of the area you're in to protect them.
Completely forgot about giving marines different weapons I'll give this a try, thanks.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:50 PM   #187
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post

Apologies, I completely left out the change.

Fixed it:

Game Changer 5
Created and saved a Custom Game type in War Games.

Infinity related, Online not required.
Infinity :: War Games
Game Type: Capture the Flag
Map: Haven
Game Options
Score to Win (change 3 to 4)
File Options
Save as new...
Done (2x)

Cheers for pointing this out!
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:49 AM   #188
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by * Clueless * View Post
Midnight Launch 20
Got significant air in the Warthog at midnight in mission 2.

Campaign Mission 2 'Requiem' specific. Online not required. Can be obtained on Easy+.
Use 'Mission Select' after initial Campaign playthrough if missed.

Be the driver in a Warthog and achieve significant air when your console time is at 12:00 am. Only the Driver will unlock the achievement. It's been reported that the achievement may take a couple seconds to unlock.
I did this with my brother by changing the timezones. He drove and I was the passenger, not the gunner, and when he did the jump, both of us received the achievement.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #189
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbreakfast99 View Post
im not gonna try to get 1000G, im just going to try to have fun and beat the campaign and lpay online then hope to get at least 700G
Bro, your sig size is nearly twice too high

@ *Clueless* Thanks for this guide and the feminine touch, because contrary to a lot of others, this one is perfectly presented and extremely clear.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #190
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
I did this with my brother by changing the timezones. He drove and I was the passenger, not the gunner, and when he did the jump, both of us received the achievement.
Were you both on the same xbox? This achievement is not unlocking for Warthog passengers playing Campaign Co-op through Xbox LIVE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis View Post
@ *Clueless* Thanks for this guide and the feminine touch, because contrary to a lot of others, this one is perfectly presented and extremely clear.
Cheers for the kind words Asturgis!

I've published quite a few guides and have learned what works/doesn't work - and came up with a unique set of fragmented info with colours and tried to keep it uniform throughout.

Campaign/Infinity, Solo/Coop, Difficulty, Online/Offline...

I don't like reading long paragraphs in guides and having to search for such info within. That's just my preference/style though.

Cheers!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #191
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Were you both on the same xbox? This achievement is not unlocking for Warthog passengers playing Campaign Co-op through Xbox LIVE.
Sorry. I forgot to mention that it was on splitscreen on the same box. Sorry for the wasted post.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #192
bwfcskillsinhd

i Mr Pete's Gamercard
why is the "no easy way out" unobtainable until dec 3rd as stated in the guide??? i have access to this episode now!

EDIT - forget it,the achievement says "ch 1 Ep 5" perhaps it should read the other way round.the guide is indeed correct Ep 5 Ch 1 is indeed unavailable until dec 3rd

Last edited by bwfcskillsinhd; 11-26-2012 at 12:53 AM.
bwfcskillsinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #193
BustaMo

Send a message via AIM to BustaMo Send a message via MSN to BustaMo

Busta 21's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks! Was able to grab 4 extra achievements that I didn't have yet!

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."

100%
Madden NFL 06 | Madden NFL 08 | NBA 2K6 | NBA Live 08 | NBA Street Homecourt | Madden NFL 09 | Halo 3 (original 1000) | College Hoops 2K6
BustaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #194
twinkie

a gijoeindapupr's Gamercard
finally, the challenger unlock at 29

twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #195
lowernest

Ernest Low's Gamercard
"This is my Rifle, This is my Gun 20
Carried a UNSC weapon all the way through mission 3 on Heroic or harder."

the thing is, when you start the mission, you start off with an AR and pistol. However, after you board the pelican 1/3 in (and the parts with the Mantis), you start off with the AR and a DMR instead when you die.

I carried the pistol all the way for the first 1/3, and the DMR for the rest but it didn't pop. Has anyone done it with the AR?

lowernest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #196
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
*Clueless* sugar, you absolutely, ABSOLUTELY need to replace that video with another one, please, for the love of God

Never have I heard such terrible voiceover, it doesn't even help by telling you when they start or how to do the highjacking properly because they keep failing and everything is cut between Wraith kills, except a little bit at the end but they don't tell you how many more there are after this point and if it's enough to actually start there.

This guy (the one who is skilled) had made some really great vids in the past, but since he's backed-up by that other guy, it's just unwatchable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowernest View Post
"This is my Rifle, This is my Gun 20
Carried a UNSC weapon all the way through mission 3 on Heroic or harder."

the thing is, when you start the mission, you start off with an AR and pistol. However, after you board the pelican 1/3 in (and the parts with the Mantis), you start off with the AR and a DMR instead when you die.

I carried the pistol all the way for the first 1/3, and the DMR for the rest but it didn't pop. Has anyone done it with the AR?
Bro, I think you are mistaking 2 different levels. It's Mission 3, not 4

Last edited by Asturgis; 11-27-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Asturgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:01 AM   #197
lowernest

Ernest Low's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis View Post
Bro, I think you are mistaking 2 different levels. It's Mission 3, not 4
WELL, FUCK. That just made a whole lot more sense.

lowernest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #198
2Chalupas

Maybe I missed it,

When we are going for the difficultly related achievements in solo campaign, co-op campaign, and Spartan Ops. Can we just "mission select" them all, or does it have to be done in order? Hopefully at least the co-op lets you do it in any order. It seems that way with the co-op, I just want to be sure.

It might be tough for me to find someone to play the campaign all in order. I'll be lucky if I can find people on here to just do it one at a time.
2Chalupas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #199
hackney gee

hackey gee's Gamercard
i dont know if this achievement " Hanging on the Combat Deck"
is glitched. i know i didnt win 20 games it even shows i won 17 out of 20 and i still got the achievement. the thing that im thinking is i played 3 custom games on my own to check out and learn the map, and quit. i won cos there was no one with me and i got some xp. so basically if anyone that hasnt got this achievement could you try it out. ps i did the 3 custom maps on online mode.

Last edited by hackney gee; 12-01-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: sorry i dont know why the writing is in blue, sorry
hackney gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #200
TangoLit

TangoLit's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackney gee View Post
i dont know if this achievement " Hanging on the Combat Deck"
is glitched. i know i didnt win 20 games it even shows i won 17 out of 20 and i still got the achievement. the thing that im thinking is i played 3 custom games on my own to check out and learn the map, and quit. i won cos there was no one with me and i got some xp. so basically if anyone that hasnt got this achievement could you try it out. ps i did the 3 custom maps on online mode.
I had a very similar experience. I played a few custom games when I first was messing with H4, and one of them gave me xp with a win even though I was not playing anyone. Then, I got "Hanging on the Combat Deck" at 19 / 20.
TangoLit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #201
hackney gee

hackey gee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoLit View Post
I had a very similar experience. I played a few custom games when I first was messing with H4, and one of them gave me xp with a win even though I was not playing anyone. Then, I got "Hanging on the Combat Deck" at 19 / 20.

so im not alone so if this actually works it could be put in the guide, will save countless loses last minute, or very bad matchmaking which you end up with very poor players

hackney gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #202
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Updated the final achievements.

Quote:
No Easy Way Out 20
In Ch 1, Ep 5 of Spartan Ops survived the enemy assault during the defense on Normal or harder.

Infinity Multiplayer :: Spartan Ops related. Online Required. Must be obtained on Heroic+.
Survive the assault during Episode 5 'Memento Mori', Chapter 1 'Spartan Miller' either Solo or Cooperatively.

Can only be obtained on Heroic+ (description is wrong)
You CAN die!
You will NOT unlock the achievement if you press the button before all the enemies are cleared.
You will NOT unlock the achievement if both terminals are destroyed.

This will unlock once you survive the FULL assault and at least one of the terminals is not destroyed. It should unlock once there are no more waves of Knights, Watchers, and Crawlers. Wait for it to unlock, and then you may press the button to activate and open the portal for the final jump.

What Power Outage? 20
Completed Chapter 4, Episode 5 of Spartan Ops without losing a generator on Heroic or harder.

Infinity Multiplayer :: Spartan Ops related. Online Required. Must be obtained on Heroic+.
Don't lose a generator during Episode 5 'Memento Mori', Chapter 4 'The Cauldron Base' either Solo or Cooperatively.

Best to do Co-op with 4 players. There are 2 generators you must protect. A good method is to use both Warthogs that are at the start of the level. Use them to kill the enemies up until you reach the generators.

Position both Warthogs between or around each generator to protect the one that will be attacked (the side the covenant is dropped off on, that generator is usually attacked). There are also stationary turrets located above each generator if you need extra firepower.

Repeat if unsuccessful.

Dedicated to Crimson 80
Completed all chapters in the first 5 episodes of Spartan Ops on any difficulty.

Infinity Multiplayer :: Spartan Ops related. Online Required. Can be obtained on Easy+.
Complete all 5 chapters within all the 5 Spartan Ops Episodes either Solo or Cooperatively for a total of 25 chapters.

Glitchy: This achievement can be glitchy and won't unlock for some.
The Fix: Replay a mission Solo (Easy is fine) and it should unlock.

Last edited by * Clueless *; 12-03-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #203
DarkSephiroth

DarkSephiroth07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
I have played episode 5 chapter 1 now two times on legendary and haven't got the No easy way out achievement so I guess it's glitchy too...

Thanks to Rep for this sick picture!
My Guides: DFL, DW8, RE Code Veronica X Battle mode
, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #204
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Episode 5 chapter 1 achievement works in matchmaking Heroic 4 players.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #205
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
No Easy Way Out 20
In Ch 1, Ep 5 of Spartan Ops survived the enemy assault during the defense on Normal or harder.

This achievement is glitched! You can obtain it, but itīs weird!
It says to survive it, but i died 7 times (Iīm not lame, but it was just boring for me), my teammates died 5,3 and 1 times. One of the sensors got destroyed but the second survived, and we got this cheevo, or atleast I, I donīt know if others got it because I didnīt ask them (they were randomīs) - but I bet they got it too.
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

Last edited by GeneralGranko; 12-03-2012 at 05:24 PM.
GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #206
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
We all died on Heroic and still got it. I think you just need to complete the mission on Heroic. Edit: I read on TA it might have to do with not activating the orange button* after/during the defense.

Last edited by StarsRPD; 12-04-2012 at 12:46 AM.
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #207
Aurahead

Aurahead's Gamercard
Yay for 1000/1000 ^______^

PS: Thanks for super awesome roadmap!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #208
NightTied

NightTied's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsRPD View Post
We all died on Heroic and still got it. I think you just need to complete the mission on Heroic. Edit: I read on TA it might have to do with not activating the orange buttons after the defense.
After reading this I also decided to give matchmaking a try for this achievement.
I also unlocked it - however everyone had at least one death, though both of the generators were both still running.
NightTied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:32 AM   #209
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
What Power Outage? 20
Completed Chapter 4, Episode 5 of Spartan Ops without losing a generator on Heroic or harder.

Don't lose a generator during Episode 5 'Memento Mori', Chapter 4 'The Cauldron Base' either Solo or Cooperatively.

Best to do Co-op with 4 players. There are 2 generators you must protect. A good method is to use both Warthogs (or the Mantis) that are at the start of the level. Use them to kill the enemies up until you reach the generators.

Position both Warthogs between or around each generator to protect the one that will be attacked (the side the covenant is dropped off on, that generator is usually attacked). There are also stationary turrets located above each generator if you need extra firepower.

Repeat if unsuccessful.
DON'T do this with 4! Do with only one more person. You'll have Mantis instead of warthogs and it will be incredibly easy.

Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #210
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
DON'T do this with 4! Do with only one more person. You'll have Mantis instead of warthogs and it will be incredibly easy.
Yep I found this out helping a friend. I did both methods and the warthogs was tougher. Fuel rod cannon for the hunters helped. Still there's a boatload of elites near the end.