PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-01-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
EAT MORE SALT

StoopyPoopy's Gamercard
Problem with Daredevil and Black Panther??

So here's the deal:

-Daredevil and Black Panther are both locked.
-Whenever I try to pickup an action figure, it just says "Experience Points" and there's a floating green "EXP" instead of an action figure. (For ALL the action figure locations).
-I've unlocked them previously, but the game froze during a load screen so I had to go back to a save where I didn't have them unlocked.

So am I going to have to start an entire new game? Or is there some way to fix it?

EDIT: Also, the Dressed For Success achievement doesn't count the DLC characters, right?

Last edited by EAT MORE SALT; 07-01-2009 at 12:47 AM.
EAT MORE SALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   2,500 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   GSL 9 MVP   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Right, you only need the original characters for that achievement.

As far as I'm concerned, you're probably going to have to start a new game.

Asian47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Do not start over! Load a previous save file with the characters unlocked, then load the current save or any other save you want the characters or costumes unlocked on. All the unlockables from the first save will be unlocked on the second save. Be sure to save over the second save so that they stay unlocked.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #4
sjmleicester

Send a message via MSN to sjmleicester

Sir Simon Mally's Gamercard
I collected five Black Panther characters and the achievement popped. At the end of the game now and although I've got Dare Devil unlocked, the Black Panther character is blacked out

I can play a Black Panther in his own simulation disc section. I suppose those kills would count towards my 250 and possibly unlocking his 4 costumes.

Apart from starting a new game anyone else got suggestions as how to rectify this problem?
sjmleicester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
Oceans4Ransom

Send a message via ICQ to Oceans4Ransom

Oceans 4 Ransom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmleicester View Post
I collected five Black Panther characters and the achievement popped. At the end of the game now and although I've got Dare Devil unlocked, the Black Panther character is blacked out

I can play a Black Panther in his own simulation disc section. I suppose those kills would count towards my 250 and possibly unlocking his 4 costumes.

Apart from starting a new game anyone else got suggestions as how to rectify this problem?
This is my exact problem. I noted the earlier comment by Shinobi with saving over a new save with the unlocked one, but I am still trying to get these characters to show up.

MistaSwagMonsta posted this in a more recent post, "When you start a new game, you get to "re-unlock" the characters. I know because Daredevil and Black Panther locked up for some reason so I got them on my second playthrough."

I will try this asap and update this when/if it works.

UPDATE: Saving before you pick up the last of the figures can help because then you can check if they did actually unlock, and if not then re-load and that should allow them to appear. I will do this just to test it again though.

Top 5 Current Backlog: Final Fantasy XIII, Gears of War, Red Dead Redemption, Red Faction: Guerrilla, and Risen.

Last edited by Oceans4Ransom; 11-14-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Oceans4Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #6
Luke Grim

Luke Grim's Gamercard
Still blacked out

So I have the achievement for both Black Panther and Daredevil unlocking. I've played through and beaten their sim disks on bronze. However, they are both blacked out for playing still.

If I do their sim disk, then exit out and start another VS sim disk, it will show them with x3 open slots. So I can do the VS sim disks with them. Playing regularly, they are still unavailable.

I don't have any previous save to go back to. Luckily I got their costumes completed via sim disks, but still... It bugs me as much as seeing the Heros and Villains unavailable in the background. Stupid.
Luke Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
Oceans4Ransom

Send a message via ICQ to Oceans4Ransom

Oceans 4 Ransom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Grim View Post
So I have the achievement for both Black Panther and Daredevil unlocking. I've played through and beaten their sim disks on bronze. However, they are both blacked out for playing still.

If I do their sim disk, then exit out and start another VS sim disk, it will show them with x3 open slots. So I can do the VS sim disks with them. Playing regularly, they are still unavailable.

I don't have any previous save to go back to. Luckily I got their costumes completed via sim disks, but still... It bugs me as much as seeing the Heros and Villains unavailable in the background. Stupid.
I feel ya bro. It is very frustrating and disheartening because we did all that work and it's like "too bad, thanks for playing" as it blackens out. Somewhere I heard that for the "New game plus" or second playthrough that you do, if you start it based on your progress of the playthrough you unlocked them in that once you get their figures in that next one, they stay unlocked but I have not gotten that far in my second playthrough yet. Will update soon.

UPDATE: I just collected all figures for Daredevil on my second playthrough that I started based off of the playthrough where they were blacked out even after unlocking them via the figures. Daredevil IS unlocked finally for play. I even tried to switch him out for anyone else to be sure that he is unlocked and he is finally unlocked for good. I am betting that Black Panther is the same way so I am relieved that I could figure this out. So good luck everyone.

Top 5 Current Backlog: Final Fantasy XIII, Gears of War, Red Dead Redemption, Red Faction: Guerrilla, and Risen.

Last edited by Oceans4Ransom; 12-01-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Update
Oceans4Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote