PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Sega Vintage Collection: ToeJam and Earl
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
DrunkenDuncanUK

DrunkenDuncanUK's Gamercard
Co-op (playlist)

Ok let's get the ball rolling.

After a co-op buddy for toejam and earl. Add me DrunkenDunc4n.

Cheers
DrunkenDuncanUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
sadly it looks like they made a horible call and you can't get achievments when playing online. says they only unlock in local mode....what the hell is the purpose of that
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
kinjoking
Banned User

kinjothetaken's Gamercard
i think you can only get the warp room chievo in local co op, as it didnt unlock in sp
kinjoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #4
RockMan Respect

RockMan Respect's Gamercard
Attention everyone: you can't get any achievements in co-op mode, local or online. My brother and I played a random world local co-op, beat the game, no achievement. We reloaded a save state just before we got the last ship piece and had Earl kill himself. Toejam got the ship piece and beat the game, the achievement unlocked.
RockMan Respect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #5
Kahn13

TwistOfFate619's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMan Respect View Post
Attention everyone: you can't get any achievements in co-op mode, local or online. My brother and I played a random world local co-op, beat the game, no achievement. We reloaded a save state just before we got the last ship piece and had Earl kill himself. Toejam got the ship piece and beat the game, the achievement unlocked.
One thing though; did that work for both profiles? As in were you able to reload and unlock for each profile? If so, all you'd have to do is reload and take turns.

That technically may still be useful for a second playthrough with local co-op (IF someone's only going for the much harder Random World achievement). Just means the rest of them would have to be done first in a solo playthrough...

Last edited by Kahn13; 11-09-2012 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Terrible spelling...
Kahn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:39 AM   #6
RockMan Respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn13 View Post
One thing though; did that work for both profiles? As in did were you able reload and unlock for each profile? If so, all you'd have to do is reload and take turns.

That technically may still be useful for a second playthrough with local co-op (IF someone's only going for the much harder Random World achievement). Just means the rest of them would have to be done first in a solo playthrough...
Good question. I don't know, the second player wasn't logged in with any profile.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:24 AM   #7
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMan Respect View Post
Good question. I don't know, the second player wasn't logged in with any profile.
thats weird because i got the warp room achievment in local co-op.
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:16 AM   #8
RockMan Respect

More investigations. I haven't played T&E2 co-op, so I can't say anything about that. I tried to use the cheat code to beat T&E1 in single player, no achievement. I loaded the save state where my brother and I got to the end of the game. My second profile was logged in as Earl. I killed Toejam and beat the game as Earl alone. No achievement.

By the way, when this happened originally, we loaded 2 profiles in local co-op, and had Earl use hi-tops. No achievement. As I said, even in local co-op, no achievements, at least in my experiences in T&E1.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #9
RockMan Respect

It seems while playing local co-op with 2 profiles, Player 1 can get achievements, Player 2 cannot. And the achievements for beating the game, Player 2 has to die first.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #10
MikaDaiki

MikaDaiki's Gamercard
That's weird, because when I played it with my brother in local co-op (I was player 1) I ran out of lives on level 24 and as soon as I died the Santa achievement unlocked for me, which my brother had actually managed to do much earlier in the game (but obviously no achievement for him). And when he went on to finish the last level, it also unlocked the finishing the game achievement for me, but obviously not him again.