PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2 > Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
AwoL DudE

AwoL DudE's Gamercard
Is this worth playing yet?

Have got a season pass, but have just lost interest since maxing my main character and getting all the achievements.
Is this good enough to play for fun or would you advise waiting for a level cap raise?
Old 11-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
Sophia Hyakato

Sophia Hyakato's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I, too, had lost interest before this came out and had max out 100% with 5 lv 50s. In my opinion, its fun but its too short. I played this all the way through with four people and beat it in less than 6 hrs and was back to 100%. The Moxxi pictures are shared through the party so you don't have to worry about fighting over them with your fellow players. There seems to be several challenges that are bugged, from what I am reading on here and the GBX forums. Other than that, the story line is actually semi decent and some true character background came out in this DLC. Also, Mr Torgue is probably the coolest person on Pandora, hands down. Plus, when you combine him and Tiny Tina you get quite a few laughs.
  • Poker Night 2 (345/400g)
  • Final Fantasy XIII (120/1000g)
  • Portal 2 (880/1000g)- Co-op left 5 achievements
Sophia Hyakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwoL DudE View Post
Have got a season pass, but have just lost interest since maxing my main character and getting all the achievements.
Is this good enough to play for fun or would you advise waiting for a level cap raise?
You aren't missing anything by waiting. This is the most forgettable DLC they have made yet. It's not that it's bad, there's just nothing much new and exciting going on in it. To save people listing Moxxi's as the worst, I'd just like to point out that I'm saying this one is forgettable, not horrible. Moxxi was unforgettable because it was horrible. This is just kind of...there.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 11-21-2012 at 10:14 PM.
WalterWhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
To save people listing Moxxi's as the worst, I'd just like to point out that I'm saying this one is forgettable, not horrible. Moxxi was unforgettable because it was horrible. This is just kind of...there.
This reminds me of seeing Moxxie as food that tastes bad and Torque as food with no taste at all.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
This reminds me of seeing Moxxie as food that tastes bad and Torque as food with no taste at all.
I'd say that's accurate.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #6
incinerator950
Banned User

incinerator950's Gamercard
If you found Randy Savage or Tiny Tina hilarious, you'll enjoy the dialogue of the DLC more. Otherwise its short and forgettable, but if you have the Season Pass you might as well go for it. They did bring back the Cobra though, so that's nice.
incinerator950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:18 AM   #7
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Very short and some pain in the ass missions like Pete solo (impossible without a commando and glitch) and that satanic tier-3 death race.

Oh yeah, you'll know what I mean when you get to it.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #8
Valiantheart

valiant heart's Gamercard
I got bored with the game+pirates booty and stopped playing over a week ago. I came back when I found out the Tourqe DLC was being released this week. I finished the story but haven't finished all the challenges yet.

IMHO Mr Tourqe was hilarious. I did the story with a friend of mine as we were both lauging like crazy. The story line was worth playing to hear some of the F'ed up things Mr Tourqe says, like when you stop at the Tourqe vending machines.

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
AwoL DudE

AwoL DudE's Gamercard
Not very inspiring replies overall.
Fingers crossed the next DLC is worth the season pass.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #10
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Best part of the whole thing for me was all of Torgue's dialogue.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #11
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah, the next DLC better be worth it. This season pass isn't worth it so far.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #12
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
it was good, just not anything worthy of remembering or playing through again in 6 months time. the tier 3 race is the only part of it that had me cursing gearbox out for 'shitty DLC', but that was just short-term anger.

oh and torgue is now my second favourite borderlands person ever, after salvador, of course. with tiny tina being the most annoying 'thing' ever.
Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #13
incinerator950
Banned User

I wish Tiny Tina and Mr. Torgue would run broadcast shows. That'd be awesome.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #14
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Wait for a Level Cap increase if you're on the fence about playing this. There's a lot of XP to be gained in this DLC (even for being rather short).

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #15
Valiantheart

valiant heart's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb2k View Post
Wait for a Level Cap increase if you're on the fence about playing this. There's a lot of XP to be gained in this DLC (even for being rather short).
I dunno why people keep saying to wait for a level cap increase. Whatever DLC comes out with a cap increase is going to be played through and your just gonna end up leveling up from that anyway.

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #16
incinerator950
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiantheart View Post
I dunno why people keep saying to wait for a level cap increase. Whatever DLC comes out with a cap increase is going to be played through and your just gonna end up leveling up from that anyway.
Level Cap increases also means you have to find new versions of your loot, and they generally follow large or meaningful DLCs. Point being this may force you to go back and make a new character just to grind out high end story missions, or the higher level will compensate for new enemies and missions that will require a more overpowered character.

Also, its what we want, and we know what to do with it. It also helps to add Inventory space and a practical use for Eridium, you know, things a large majority of us want.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #17
surreal_82

FXN Shadow's Gamercard
Was on the fence about playing this until I thought what the hell loaded up, then got my badass rank reset. Instant rage quit. Don't get it as it's only just bloody happened. Finished pirates booty at release and no problem. Loaded this DLC... Bang.

Bad taste in mouth now. May just leave it now till other 2 dlcs drop and are patched.
surreal_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #18
binkyspankums

binkyspankums's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal_82 View Post
Was on the fence about playing this until I thought what the hell loaded up, then got my badass rank reset. Instant rage quit. Don't get it as it's only just bloody happened. Finished pirates booty at release and no problem. Loaded this DLC... Bang.

Bad taste in mouth now. May just leave it now till other 2 dlcs drop and are patched.

Same exact thing happened to me. Played through the entire game without it freezing or having my rank reset. Played through all of Pirate's Booty without a freeze during Master Gee. Played through about 20 minutes of Campaign Of Carnage and quit, next day I turn it on and my BA rank is reset and all my heads and skins are gone. In terms of the quality of the DLC, don't expect anything spectacular from this one. It only took me about and hour and a half to beat all quests in the game. Torgue Tokens are terrible. Mr.Torgue was pretty funny, and Tiny Tina was funny. One of the worst missions in any Borderlands game or dlc, which is the Tier 3 Death Race thing. Not worth the money if you don't have the season pass, in my opinion.

Sig By Gackt

20,000G-Executioner(The Darkness 2) 4/11/2012

30,000G-Ship Shape(Dead Space 2:Severed) 7/25/2012

40,000G-Done That(Borderlands 2:Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt) 1/23/2013

Last edited by binkyspankums; 12-03-2012 at 05:49 PM.
binkyspankums is offline   Reply With Quote