PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Anime and Manga
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 AM   #3541
Cmpunk

NanoEdge EX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
Weirded out by KissxSis but not pico? You're weird.

Going to watch Lucky Star episode 1 tonight finally since punk started tari tari finally.
Tell me how you like it.
Cmpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:32 AM   #3542
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I will point out, as someone who has seen both, that KissxSis is better than Oreimo. KissxSis deals with the subject matter directly, takes it lightly and presents it in a humorous manner with likable characters. Oreimo deals with it in a way that is awkward as fuck, with the worst anime character of all time as the lead. Unjustified and nonsensical bitchyness ensues.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #3543
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrosugar View Post
I will point out, as someone who has seen both, that KissxSis is better than Oreimo. KissxSis deals with the subject matter directly, takes it lightly and presents it in a humorous manner with likable characters. Oreimo deals with it in a way that is awkward as fuck, with the worst anime character of all time as the lead. Unjustified and nonsensical bitchyness ensues.
Nice troll attempt. Oreimo wasn't even relevant for the last couple posts. But nice try.

Halfway done with episode 1 of Lucky Star abd it's not great at all so far. The pacing seems terrible for the 1st episode.
EliteShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #3544
Toon

v Selkies v's Gamercard
Finished Tari Tari. I really enjoyed it. Made me actually realize why I have such a burning passion for music. Never have I gotten that from anime. It's beautiful. Now to finally start Darker than Black...Oh and ESM, seriously. I want your sig. Kirino is just so goddamn adorable like that.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 AM   #3545
hydrosugar

Quote:
Nice troll attempt. Oreimo wasn't even relevant for the last couple posts. But nice try.

Halfway done with episode 1 of Lucky Star abd it's not great at all so far. The pacing seems terrible for the 1st episode.
You know, I'm not sure ive ever seen you respond in a logical manner to an argument presented in a post. Well, no matter. And because I mentioned an anime not mentioned in the last couple posts it's a troll? Nice logic you got there. Ive been watching Hyouka lately...TROLL!!!

But no, KissxSis and Oreimo both deal with similar subject matter. I'm not entirely convinced you know what a troll is.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #3546
EliteShadowMan

Quote:
You know, I'm not sure ive ever seen you respond in a logical manner to an argument presented in a post. Well, no matter. And because I mentioned an anime not mentioned in the last couple posts it's a troll? Nice logic you got there. Ive been watching Hyouka lately...TROLL!!!

But no, KissxSis and Oreimo both deal with similar subject matter. I'm not entirely convinced you know what a troll is.
You only brought it up so you could bash it to try and get a rise out of me. You truly lack mental capacity to even try and seem smart in this sense. But keep thinking your "arguments" are there. Wasn't even relevant other than the fact that the premise was similar to KissxSis. So tell me where Oreimo fits into this? No one even mentioned the show. Go back to being on hiatus, all your posts are the same.

Toon: only i can have this sig! Go away!

Finished EP 1 of Lucky Star. The last 5 minutes were pretty decent, so hopefully it keeps that throughout.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #3547
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:

Finished EP 1 of Lucky Star. The last 5 minutes were pretty decent, so hopefully it keeps that throughout.

I don't know how many times I've said that the first half of eps one is terrible. You just have to get past it and it gets better.

Its still not OMG ITZ AWESOME!!! But it's decent.

otaking live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #3548
hydrosugar

Quote:
You only brought it up so you could bash it to try and get a rise out of me. You truly lack mental capacity to even try and seem smart in this sense. But keep thinking your "arguments" are there. Wasn't even relevant other than the fact that the premise was similar to KissxSis. So tell me where Oreimo fits into this? No one even mentioned the show. Go back to being on hiatus, all your posts are the same.

Toon: only i can have this sig! Go away!

KissxSis has more or less only been mentioned in a negative context in this thread. I just thought I'd change that, expressing my opinion on what it does better than another show with a similar premise. One of the only few mind you, and one that is mentioned around here. I'm not about to compare it to Death Note. I still don't get your argument about no one mentioning it. The bringing up of an anime not mentioned in the previous few posts equating to trolling, is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #3549
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
So, just finished with the first season of Higurashi. Now I'm at a point where I can continue 3 different series: K-On, Higurashi, or Shakugan no Shana. I've seen the first season of all three of these. Which one do you guys/girl think I should watch the next season to first?

Don't ask which one i liked most, i am horrible at choosing favorites.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #3550
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
So, just finished with the first season of Higurashi. Now I'm at a point where I can continue 3 different series: K-On, Higurashi, or Shakugan no Shana. I've seen the first season of all three of these. Which one do you guys/girl think I should watch the next season to first?

K-on obviously! Lol!

otaking live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #3551
hydrosugar

Quote:

I haven't seen the other two, but I still have to say Higurashi. I would be very surprised if you weren't at least somewhat confused after finishing S1 of Higurashi. The other two sequels are probably just more of the same. Higurashi's second season answers all the questions and mysteries presented in the first, and ties everything into a neat little bow.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #3552
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Quote:
I haven't seen the other two, but I still have to say Higurashi. I would be very surprised if you weren't at least somewhat confused after finishing S1 of Higurashi. The other two sequels are probably just more of the same. Higurashi's second season answers all the questions and mysteries presented in the first, and ties everything into a neat little bow.
The part with Shion around the end left me holding my head/clawing my face in awe/mindfuck. I might go with K-On just for some comic relief from the state of mind Higurashi just left me in.

Quote:
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #3553
EliteShadowMan

Quote:
The part with Shion around the end left me holding my head/clawing my face in awe/mindfuck. I might go with K-On just for some comic relief from the state of mind Higurashi just left me in.
But then you won't see the zombie tag episode of Higurashi. Go with season 2 of Higurashi.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #3554
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Quote:
Quote:
But then you won't see the zombie tag episode of Higurashi. Go with season 2 of Higurashi.
I'll probably stick with Higurashi then Though, not right now, it's almost 6AM and I'm getting sleepy...

Does it continue that "same time different scenario" type story telling?

Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #3555
Cmpunk

NanoEdge EX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
It gets better from here on out, especially when the entire cast is revealed.
Cmpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #3556
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonDeathGod View Post
Jake this Might sound really Random but i was wondering why do the good guys in any fighting anime like Bleach for example lose that first round then they fuck up the bad guys the next round like talk about being predictable. I want an anime that will make me wanna SHIT my PANTS and keep me on the edge of my seat
is there any anime like that ?
Fate/Zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
I agree for the most part, its the journey that we watch for hours and hours. The what is still important though.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
Sword Art Online is just wondrously beautiful. It moves so damn fast though.
Tell me about it man, very good show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
Finished Tari Tari. I really enjoyed it. Made me actually realize why I have such a burning passion for music. Never have I gotten that from anime. It's beautiful. Now to finally start Darker than Black...Oh and ESM, seriously. I want your sig. Kirino is just so goddamn adorable like that.
Pretty sure I said go watch Sakamichi no Apollon if you wanted a real music anime, instead you watch K-on (which is about nothing) and a K-on clone, LOL good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmpunk View Post
It gets better from here on out, especially when the entire cast is revealed.
Oh god no.

Gonna watch sum Bebop.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #3557
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post

Kirito's like my replacement for Ichigo from Bleach. The dude's crazy with a sword, those fight scenes are animated great.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #3558
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Quote:
Kirito's like my replacement for Ichigo from Bleach. The dude's crazy with a sword, those fight scenes are animated great.
Exactly, shame the others in this thread don't appreciate Kirito.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #3559
Kyoshi123
Banned User

Kyoshi123's Gamercard
Quote:
Fate/Zero.

Exactly.

Pretty sure I said go watch Sakamichi no Apollon if you wanted a real music anime, instead you watch K-on (which is about nothing) and a K-on clone, LOL good job.

Oh god no.

Gonna watch sum Bebop.
wow stfu, Tari Tari Makes K-On Look shit
Kyoshi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #3560
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi123 View Post
wow stfu, Tari Tari Makes K-On Look shit

Both are terrible.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #3561
EliteShadowMan

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah....you mean those 3 minute fight scenes? Average stuff! And i don't hate Kirito as much anymore, but he's still far from being considered great.

Watching Shiki.

Edit: way to judge Tari Tari before watching it Jake.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #3562
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
Edit: way to judge Tari Tari before watching it Jake.
I called it a K-on clone (and terrible due to being a clone), lets be honest, it's pretty much the same. I'll watch it, but after I watch some good anime.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #3563
Toon

v Selkies v's Gamercard
Quote:
He's no Link, but I do respect him as a character. I'll admit, he's a fucking badass at times, especially in the last episode. Guess I'll start that anime you just talked about.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #3564
EliteShadowMan

Quote:
I called it a K-on clone (and terrible due to being a clone), lets be honest, it's pretty much the same. I'll watch it, but after I watch some good anime.
You said it's a k-on clone? K-on is about a band, Tari Tari is more choir based. It definitely is not the same, considering Tari is more drama based, wheras K-on is comedy based. Also 2 MCs are male. Now gtfo, just proved you wrong.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #3565
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
You said it's a k-on clone? K-on is about a band, Tari Tari is more choir based. It definitely is not the same, considering Tari is more drama based, wheras K-on is comedy based. Also 2 MCs are male. Now gtfo, just proved you wrong.
It was the concept of the club. Guess you didn't make that connection, slow much?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #3566
Kyoshi123
Banned User

Kyoshi123's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
He's no Link, but I do respect him as a character. I'll admit, he's a fucking badass at times, especially in the last episode. Guess I'll start that anime you just talked about.
start DTB already <.<
Kyoshi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #3567
Toon

v Selkies v's Gamercard
Quote:
start DTB already <.<
Chill man. I will. Might be soon as well.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #3568
EliteShadowMan

Quote:
It was the concept of the club. Guess you didn't make that connection, slow much?
Yes, clearly I'm slow since i already knew what they are both like. Similar in terms of it being clubs and thats it. Doesn't make it a clone.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #3569
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
everyone is on this Darker Than Black Hype, man i said it was good, now you all riding it
Clearly everyone is riding it.

Back to studying.

tehapoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #3570
Akuza

Akuza89's Gamercard

currently watching a few things -

paranoia agent
final fantasy unlimited
hellsing ultimate
casshern sins

loving each and every one of them
YU-GI-OH Arc V
Soul Eater NOT!
Marvel Avengers The Disk Wars (yes it is an anime look it up!)