PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
mysaturdayself

MySaturdaySelf's Gamercard
informer assassination can get really annoying

I am in memory block 5 now where there is 5min limit assassination where u have to kill 5 guards.

it's so crowded there and I frequently get myself exposed (even when I am doing nothing).. it took so many turns just to identify who are the 5 guards i need to kill.. and i get really bored of doing this.

anyone got a good solution?

PS.. I finisihed the second game 1000 points before I came to this one. have to say they did a great job improving the game. I never feel bored, the buildings and cities are so good looking. The combat system is also much more fun (oh how much I miss the air-kill or assasin the rooftop guards when I am still on stairs).
mysaturdayself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
CrownlessKing

Send a message via MSN to CrownlessKing

FJMatlock's Gamercard
Wow you're having a hard time with that one to? I was just coming here to make a post about the same mission....

Usually I would go to the rooftops and try to knife everyone. My trick is to throw the knife then back away from the roof's edge so they don't spot me. But lo and behold somehow they manage to 'see' me. I find though if you just go straight out to the little market area from where the informer is, if you're careful you can use the hiddel blade on the guy patrolling there and then the one down the far street and then climb the ladder.

The rest though? I dunno. I give up on this for now. Too annoying. Can't skip it either due to wanting to get all the achievements.
CrownlessKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
psybOltOn

psybOltOn's Gamercard
The key is balance between patience and time. You have to wait for the right moment, but not too much as the time expires.
Throwing knives from the rooftop also can work, though I managed to do on street level after a couple of tries.
psybOltOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:56 AM   #4
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It was really easy. I got caught once because I didn't see the guards right in front of me when I assassinated one of them -.-

But my second time, I finished within three minutes.

You just have to wait a few seconds till guards are gone. You have more than enough time.

DragonsGoMOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #5
LBAW STidrvr

CLOCK BOCK's Gamercard
Only problem I had was the drunktards blocking me causing the guards to be alerted.
LBAW STidrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:19 AM   #6
Beefdagreat

Greatdrift's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBAW STidrvr View Post
Only problem I had was the drunktards blocking me causing the guards to be alerted.
Lol that always screws me over when I got to this mission
Old 05-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #7
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
i stealth assassinated the ones furthest away then worked my way back. easiest way to me -- that's how i execute all of those types of missions. seems quicker/less troublesome with guards.

hijo del maliante puro.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
FlexibleToad

FlexibleToad's Gamercard
i don't really remember having trouble with this one. i guess you need to strike in low profile and blend away.
FlexibleToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #9
THE Mr Fill

the mr fill's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I remember having problems with this one, took me 3-4 times to get it, usually because a guard would spot me from the distance - I'd kill and then it'd immediately turn red...

The suggestion of starting from the farthest and working inwards definitely works the best, and remember to walk on the assassination rather than running, otherwise you do a running kill which pretty much always attracts attention (for obvious reasons)

The informer tasks were definitely the most annoying, the flag collection and assassinations were always the ones that took more effort - there's one cheevie that I won't get in AC1, and that's the "full DNA" one, especially considering the big fights that go on during the final few, I always end up losing 1 or 2 bars before finishing them off (or accidentally kill them when aiming for someone else)...

Retail:
1000+gs=16 - 1000gs=41 - 900+gs=11 - 800+gs=14
Arcade:
400 games=4
200 games=8
50 games=4
WP games=49

40k 28-09-2009; 50k 31-07-2010; 60k 29-09-2010
70k 27-12-2010; 80k 07-02-2011; 90k 31-03-2011
100k 18-05-2011; 110k 29-06-2011 120k 19-09-2011
130k 25-02-2012; 140k 03-03-2013 150k 06-08-2013
160k 22-03-2014
I'm slowing down...
THE Mr Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #10
VoxSubliminal

voxsubliminal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hype View Post
i stealth assassinated the ones furthest away then worked my way back.
This. I also used Eagle Vision a lot and made sure the target wasn't in the immediate vicinity of any guards. Walk up to them, assassinate, then round a corner and run towards the next target. Memorizing a landmark or two helps make the process run a bit smoother, and that helps since I've failed missions by mere seconds a few times.

I had some success with using throwing knives from rooftops, but found it was more trouble than it was worth. Sometimes you end up rushing to get the kill because the guards walk out of your line of sight too fast. You rush, you get caught. My two cents.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #11
SweetLouDiamond

SweetLouDiamond's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Mr Fill View Post
there's one cheevie that I won't get in AC1, and that's the "full DNA" one, especially considering the big fights that go on during the final few, I always end up losing 1 or 2 bars before finishing them off (or accidentally kill them when aiming for someone else)...
i dont think it refers to the DNA helix in your health, but the DNA for completing all the other tasks before performing the 'main' memory assassination in each area. full dna = save citizens, informers, interrogations, pickpockets, all high points. you'll be full (minus two), which fill in when you get your feather & when you make the actual kill.
SweetLouDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:34 AM   #12
arcticfox

whitefoX1029's Gamercard
Oh yes, I hated that one with a passion. It really sucked when I actually managed to complete it as well, because it felt like the game mechanics were utterly terrible. I got the one on the rooftop all right, and then went for the others. After I killed one, I ran around the corner. There would be guards really close by, but they didn't do anything until the body hit the ground. It just seemed stupid that no one would notice a body falling, and then a dude with a ton of swords running away from it.

But anyway, don't be afraid to run. It seems stupid, but it actually works, as long as you watch which guards are red and which are yellow. And yes, the mentally ill/drunk people are insanely annoying.
arcticfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #13
SweetLouDiamond

SweetLouDiamond's Gamercard
i just finished this one last night & found it pretty helpful to make sure all the rooftop guards were killed, then you can run across the roofs to the furthest target, throw a knife at him & turn around & start heading back in to the next guy, then hit the ground to start assassinating everyone else. took me about 5 tries, but eventually go the stupid thing
SweetLouDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #14
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I realize this thread is almost 3 months old, but for benefit of anyone looking for answers in the future I'll put in my 2 cents.

The way I found worked best was to make sure I had a full supply of throwing knives BEFORE talking to the other assassin. As he was talking, get as close to the wall as possible, then as soon as you can start climbing. Make use of the throwing knives to kill guards on the rooftops as well as the targets. Never touch the ground until you're ready to turn it in. A couple of tries at this and you'll have it down.
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #15
Zilgath

Anyone having problem with one of the guards not appearing?
A friend of mine is playing the game at the moment and he's tried killing the four other guards, using eagle vision to try to spot in that way...
The weird thing is, I have done this informer's mission and we've been playing on the same disc (he's borrowing the game from me).
Zilgath is offline   Reply With Quote