PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
MartyMcFal

MartyMcFal's Gamercard
WARNING! Regarding new Hidden Secrets DLC

I have completed the game 100% and obtained all achievements so i thought i would go and play this DLC whilst i had a bit a spare time. Went into the game and downloaded it through the menu, however whilst in the game the game automatically autosaved and loaded the beginning of the game where you first enter the temple as if it has made me start again.

Having looked at the menu rather than be at 100% i am now at 45% and my save game says i am in the opera (first sequence). However all my side missions are complete. It says i now haven't done any of the main missions or the Naval/Privateer missions. To say i am fuming is an understatement, i hope i don't have to do anything or be up to anything for any future DLC. Here is your proof..

MartyMcFal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
ffm.piranha

FFMPiRaNHa's Gamercard
OMFG - this truely sucks ...

I was planning to actually play this DLC tonight after work, but as I am also at 100% with 1000g I will stay away from it until someone confirms that it works correctly ...

Or I will at least copy my savefile to a memory stick ...

I hope you will get your progress back ...

100% Retail Games incl. all DLC:
GTA 5 * Far Cry 3 * Assassin's Creed 3, 2, 1 * L.A: Noire * Red Dead Redemption * Dead Rising 2, Case West, Case 0 * Mafia II * Alan Wake * Bioshock * Bully * Beautiful Katamari
ffm.piranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
MartyMcFal

MartyMcFal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffm.piranha View Post
OMFG - this truely sucks ...

I was planning to actually play this DLC tonight after work, but as I am also at 100% with 1000g I will stay away from it until someone confirms that it works correctly ...

Or I will at least copy my savefile to a memory stick ...

I hope you will get your progress back ...
When you get home can you do me a favour? Go your hard drive/memory card or whatever and tell me what your save games are called? I have two, 1 says 1A and the other says 1B so i am hoping the 1B is this new save it has created.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
ffm.piranha

FFMPiRaNHa's Gamercard
OK, will do so ...

Slavery ends in three hours so I will post here again a little bit later ...

GTA 5 * Far Cry 3 * Assassin's Creed 3, 2, 1 * L.A: Noire * Red Dead Redemption * Dead Rising 2, Case West, Case 0 * Mafia II * Alan Wake * Bioshock * Bully * Beautiful Katamari
Old 12-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
MartyMcFal

MartyMcFal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffm.piranha View Post
OK, will do so ...

Slavery ends in three hours so I will post here again a little bit later ...
Scratch that, just checked by seperating both game saves and both are at 45% regardless so looks like i am screwed. On the plus side least if i decided to do it again all i have to do is complete the main missions which isn't too bad. Wouldn't want to have to go through all the hunting/frontier stuff etc again.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
ffm.piranha

FFMPiRaNHa's Gamercard
Hm, ok ...

It's admirable that you can still see the bright side of this. I will not describe what I would do if this would happen to me as well ...

Well, so far you seem to be the only one here experiencing this problem. I saw your posts on the ubisoft-forum when I was searching about this problem and as you probably have sen there is another guy having the same issue as you ...

But I swear I will not install this until somebody here confirms that it has worked fine ...

One question: I saw on the ubisoft-forum that someone is saying that the problem is caused by dlc-content that is already in the game for people who have bought special editions of the game. So my question is which edition of the game have you bought?

Old 12-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
CodSteaks

SG CodSteaks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This happened to me, also. I'm thinking if I had downloaded the DLC before going into the game it may not have done this(?). I queued up the DL, but it didn't start right away, so I started playing and after a few minutes I got the popup that the DL was completed, and that's when it all went haywire. Is that how it happened for you, Marty, or did the download complete before you started playing?

I was only 58% done, with almost 35 hours into the game, and now I'm at 28% with the main story progress wiped out, just like Marty. If you notice the date on the game save file it's all screwed up, too. I'm conflicted if I should keep playing and keep the progress that it did save, or just start a new file. I'd hate to get further in on this save file and find out something is inhibiting my progress to 100% because of the corruption, or because some things are completed before normally possible in the story progress. FML.

piranha: I did have the Game Stop edition, with the extra content code already used.

Last edited by CodSteaks; 12-05-2012 at 03:24 PM.
CodSteaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
ffm.piranha

FFMPiRaNHa's Gamercard
Oh wow ... I have the Amazon edition with also already used content ...

Guess that means that I will not be playing this, at least for now until it's fixed somehow (even if could not imagine how they would ever fix the corrupted savegames ...).

I will for sure not jeopardize all the effort that I already put into this game.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #9
MartyMcFal

MartyMcFal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodSteaks View Post
This happened to me, also. I'm thinking if I had downloaded the DLC before going into the game it may not have done this(?). I queued up the DL, but it didn't start right away, so I started playing and after a few minutes I got the popup that the DL was completed, and that's when it all went haywire. Is that how it happened for you, Marty, or did the download complete before you started playing?

I was only 58% done, with almost 35 hours into the game, and now I'm at 28% with the main story progress wiped out, just like Marty. If you notice the date on the game save file it's all screwed up, too. I'm conflicted if I should keep playing and keep the progress that it did save, or just start a new file. I'd hate to get further in on this save file and find out something is inhibiting my progress to 100% because of the corruption, or because some things are completed before normally possible in the story progress. FML.

piranha: I did have the Game Stop edition, with the extra content code already used.
I did exactly what you did, i tried to download it but it wouldn't right away so i went into my 100% save game and started running around the froniter until it popped up to say it had finished. I didn't even get chance to do anything as immediately it loaded the beginning cutscene to the game and forced me to start playing the first sequence again.

I have the Join or Die edition of the game which only gives me the ghost of war mission, not the others. I am not happy about it but there isn't much i can do now and i just hope i don't have to get to sequence 6 or something later when the washington DLC is released.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #10
CodSteaks

SG CodSteaks's Gamercard

So if someone (preferably someone who already had some of the pre-order content, if that's a factor) could run a little test before downloading: backup your save, download the DLC and let it complete BEFORE you start playing, then go into your save game and see if anything happens. Maybe it only does this if the download completes WHILE you're playing?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
HamsterExAstris

hamsterexastris's Gamercard
Quote:
So if someone (preferably someone who already had some of the pre-order content, if that's a factor) could run a little test before downloading: backup your save, download the DLC and let it complete BEFORE you start playing, then go into your save game and see if anything happens. Maybe it only does this if the download completes WHILE you're playing?
I had the Best Buy preorder content, downloaded the DLC, let it complete, and then started playing. All of my progress was intact.

(I didn't back up the save first because I didn't know this was a problem!)
HamsterExAstris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #12
ffm.piranha

FFMPiRaNHa's Gamercard
These are exactly my thoughts on this ...

When I get home I will for sure backup my savegame on a memory stick (if I'll find out how this works ...).

But for now I'm unsure if I will be brave enough to try it out afterwards ... If I try it out and experience the same problems as you two it would all get back to normal after simply deleting the "new" save and replacing it with the one from my memory stick, correct?

Sorry for asking dumb questions but I never did backup a savegame before ...

Old 12-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
CodSteaks

SG CodSteaks's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterExAstris View Post
I had the Best Buy preorder content, downloaded the DLC, let it complete, and then started playing. All of my progress was intact.

(I didn't back up the save first because I didn't know this was a problem!)
Good to know. Sounds like this thing may only occur if the DLC download completes while you're in the middle of a game. Bummer for us.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #14
MartyMcFal

MartyMcFal's Gamercard
Quote:
Good to know. Sounds like this thing may only occur if the DLC download completes while you're in the middle of a game. Bummer for us.
Might actually start backing up my saves before adding any future DLC to a game, i honestly don't think there will ever be a fix for it. Will have to wait and see, i have e-mailed ubisoft support so i'll let you know what they say.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #15
ffm.piranha

FFMPiRaNHa's Gamercard
OK, I just got home and checked my savegames ...

Luckily I was not to dumb to do so although I've never done that before but now everything is on a memory stick.

I can't try to download the DLC right now because my 5-year-old boy is jumping around the living room and he does not what this "little black box underneath the tv" is used for and I want it to stay that way ... I dont want him to know that there is an device for gaming in the house, he will figure that out soon enough ...

But I can say that I also have a 1a and a 1b save. Because I have those for AC3, Brotherhood and Revelations I guess one is for MP and the other for SP. For AC2 and AC1 I only have one savegame each ...

As soon as the boy is in bed (in aproximately 1 hour) I will try out to download the DLC. I will wait until the download has finished until I start the game (probably will be praying that everything will be fine at that time) and then we'll see the outcome ... I will keep you updated although this will not help you regarding the problems you experienced ...
I feel really sorry for you two because I don't think that Ubisoft might be able to fix this even if they wanted to (and I doubt they ever will ...).
I know, this does not help you either but I needed to say that ...

I just hope that if my savegame does also get corrupted I will be able to just delete it and use the backup from my memorystick to restore everything ...
If this should not work I will be puking while screaming while destroying random things for about a week I guess ...

Old 12-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #16
DoosMakhina

DayusMakhina's Gamercard
Quote:
I downloaded it before playing last night. Went to Extras and clicked download to which it said pending so I didn't play and instead waited on dashboard for it to dl. Didn't have any issues (equally already had half of the stuff).
DoosMakhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #17
Disco Ball

Send a message via ICQ to Disco Ball Send a message via AIM to Disco Ball Send a message via MSN to Disco Ball Send a message via Yahoo to Disco Ball

Disco Ball's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Had the Best Buy preordered, started the DL, then backed out to dash for it to finish, then rebooted game, no issues to report.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #18
ffm.piranha

FFMPiRaNHa's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Ball View Post
Had the Best Buy preordered, started the DL, then backed out to dash for it to finish, then rebooted game, no issues to report.
OK, I can confirm that this method seems to work fine.

I just started the download and then immediately dashboarded out of the game. Download was finished after about ten seconds later, I rebooted the game and my stats still say 100% ...
I have not started the game yet, will bring my son to bed first, but everything seems to be OK ...

Old 12-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #19
ImmortalArbiter

ImmortalArbiter's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Maybe this is being a bit TOO paranoid, but with this game maybe not... I don't have the Season Pass nor do I plan on getting the content, but I do have the Amazon pre-order stuff installed - am I safe to continue playing? I'm on Sequence 9 and 75%+ done, and I have no desire to have my game screw up.

ImmortalArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #20
CodSteaks

SG CodSteaks's Gamercard

One other thing I noticed: after I started playing through the story again from the beginning (), I got the achievement for a recruit reaching assassin rank. I'm assuming I sent him out on a mission before I stopped playing the night before, and the mission finished while I was playing last night, meaning that part of the game is still running in the background. Except I'm so early in the story that I don't even have access to my recruits anymore. I'm wondering when I get to that point in the story again is it going to give me my leveled up guys right off the bat? Or is that gonna cause some other kind of glitch? When I look at my DNA tracker it still shows the recruits and their percentages haven't changed. I think I'm going to just keep playing this save file so I can report whether or not it causes any more problems later on. It's a gamble on my part. I could keep playing from this point and not have any problems, or I could get close to 100% and find out something isn't going to work and I won't be able to get there, meaning I'll have to start all over at that point. We'll see.

Although 28% would be easier to throw away now than 98% later.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #21
CodSteaks

SG CodSteaks's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalArbiter View Post
Maybe this is being a bit TOO paranoid, but with this game maybe not... I don't have the Season Pass nor do I plan on getting the content, but I do have the Amazon pre-order stuff installed - am I safe to continue playing? I'm on Sequence 9 and 75%+ done, and I have no desire to have my game screw up.
No reason to believe you will have any problem at all.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #22
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Gay. But at least you kept the long ass side missions!

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #23
Dravyn

Am I the only one who has had the exact opposite happen? Main mission data still intact, but ALL of side missions have reset. Underground Fast Travel Spots: Gone. Homestead Missions: Gone. Hunting Society, Frontiersmen, View Points, Liberation, etc: All GONE/RESET.

I would almost prefer it to be main mission data loss, because this is going to require LOTS of running around doing tedious crap!

I was playing the game while DLC downloaded, and it happened right in the middle of the game. One second everything was fine, the next second I leave the homestead and EVERYTHING was back on my maps as if I had never done a thing. Annoying doesn't begin to cover it.
Dravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #24
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Wow, and I didn't think the glitches with this game could get much worse. I already have 100% completion and all of the single-player achievements but I will hold off on buying the Season Pass until they fix this issue. Ubisoft just can't seem to get anything right with this game.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #25
SweetBlackMagic

SweetBlackMagic's Gamercard
No issues for me today. Downloaded the DLC from within the game menu (I have the Season Pass) and things went off without a hitch for me. The only "special edition" I have is the pre-order version with the tin case. Hopefully it goes as well for some others out there!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:04 AM   #26
Robbo1991

Robbo1991's Gamercard
I had the same thing happen to me with revelations, it may be because you downloaded through the in game menu an then played the campaign. Thats what I was doing at the time when the lost archive stuff finished then it kicked me out of the game back to main menu then when I looked it said I had 0% completed :/
Old 12-06-2012, 04:32 AM   #27
This be DMK

Send a message via AIM to This be DMK

This be DMK's Gamercard
Planned on picking up this games season pass soon and wanted to be sure. As long as you download it while not playing the game itself(I.E. Not running around as Connor) it won't impact my save? Not that I'm personally trying for full completion, but I don't want to redo stuff I shouldn't need to redo.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:41 AM   #28
HamsterExAstris

hamsterexastris's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by This be DMK View Post
Planned on picking up this games season pass soon and wanted to be sure. As long as you download it while not playing the game itself(I.E. Not running around as Connor) it won't impact my save?
That was my experience.
HamsterExAstris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #29
ffm.piranha

FFMPiRaNHa's Gamercard
same for me ...

As described above, I instantly dashboarded after starting the download and rebootet the game - everything was fine ...

It seems that you're only screwed if you are playing at the moment when the download is finished ...

Old 12-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #30
ExiLeR

ExiLeR PT's Gamercard
Guess we can't play the game while waiting for the download... It would be nice from Ubisoft to warn their customers about this fact!!

I always wait for any download to be complete before play, except for demos and DLC from another game that I'm not playing, but Ubisoft can't HOPE this behavior from everyone!!

In fact, if there's no restrictions we could do whatever we want... even that strange thing: play our payed game!!

I'm getting sick of this (lately) glitchy generation...