PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > NASCAR The Game: Inside Line
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
Your guide to breaking Champion Difficulty

Overview:
Champion difficulty is impossible. Unless you are a veteran NASCAR fan, got your own setups from way back when, and have a driving wheel for xbox, you will not win a championship with much ease. Luckily for you, the average racing game fan and achievement hunter, you can break this difficulty

First off, you will need to play through career on easy (or whatever) so you at least have enough credits to max out your car, and maybe buy some pro driver setups (I didn't use any). Once you've done that, you can begin working on this hard achievement.

Rules of Thumb:
1. You'll never need to qualify. Its a waste of time. You can run the duels if you want, but I didn't see a need. I also skipped all invitationals.
2. You're going to need to make sure three things in the race setup are constant: Difficulty set to champion, race length set to 5% and wear set to X4.
3. You can change anything else you want to your liking, but for my descriptions everything stayed the same. Damage was off, no flags, etc.
4. You can simulate races. In fact, I simulated 12 races and still made it. If you get ahead of the standings and come to one of my recommended tracks to skip, DO IT!
5. You will not win every race. Heck, you will jump for joy when everything goes your way and you do come out on top. Keep an eye on who's near the top of the standings at all times and don't feel bad giving them extra shoves on each track
6. I will explain how the points system works at the end for those who do not follow Nascar sport.

Breakdown:
For Daytona, Talladega, Sonoma, Watkins Glen, and some short tracks, you never need to pit. With your fuel upgrade, you can make the 5% distance when most other drivers have to pit. These tracks are a guaranteed top 15 position, as some drivers do not pit. If you feel like you can get a better finish, you will not be penalized for restarting. Make sure to stay out of trouble, the slightest error can mean dozens of positions.

Next up are Intermediate tracks. these tracks include Charlotte, Texas, Kansas, and Darlington to name a few. These tracks will have odd numbers of laps, such as 15, 18, 19, etc. On these tracks, all 42 opponents pit on the same lap. Your goal is to make a left side tires + fuel pit stop ONE LAP before them. IMPORTANT: with black flags off, feel free to zoom into the pits at 190 mph, as this will save you a lot of time and get you an advantage.
- Usually I pit one lap before halfway (17 laps = pit on lap 8, 19 = 8, etc). This gave me the best advantage in spots.
- The problem you will have is the more laps, the more likely you will start to lose spots to those hard drivers. Feel free to give them a spin as they go by, this can bunch up everyone behind you and give you a safe keeping as you finish up.
-Some of these can be beaten without pitting if you are amazing at saving fuel. I was able to win at Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Homestead by coasting through the entire corner and flooring it on straights.

Third, we have short tracks and shorter intermediate tracks. Richmond, Bristol, Martinsville, Kentucky, New Hampshire, and Dover fall under this category. Your goal is to...WRECK the FIELD. You might not believe it until you see it, but if you turn off cautions, and give someone a spin in a corner, the field simply cannot comply with passing the wrecks and you can continue around and around past the wrecks.
- You will occasionally get caught up in them, but considering everyone else is dumbfounded, you should get out okay.
-Even with cautions off, Red Flags will still fly if cars flip over. This will bunch up the field on restart with you in front (or near it) so just cause another spin and history will repeat itself with the wrecking.
-Watch you fuel in these races. Most of the time, the combination of wrecks and red flags mean your fuel will last, but sometimes it doesn't so be aware.
-This strategy has worked on Atlanta, Las Vegas, Phoenix and Homestead but don't count on it as it takes a while to circle the track and clog the field. Red flags come out often on these as well from high speed collisions.
-Always restart these races if you do worse than 20th. I've won some of these tracks by over 3 laps on the field, these tracks are free points.

Lastly, we have longer intermediates and superspeedways. The list includes: Auto Club, Michigan, Pocono, and Brickyard. If you have the spare points, simulate these. My halfway strategy wasn't working well and I always finished near 30th. If you've got a strategy, let me know and I will add it. Like i said earlier, you just need to be 12th or higher to make the chase. Once you make the chase, you can focus on giving your all in each of the final 10.

Method #2:
milecoupe has pointed out that another easy method for intermediate tracks as well as superspeedways is to save fuel in the turns. If you let off of the gas for the duration of each corner, you will be able to save enough fuel with the upgrade. Even if your laps are 10 seconds or so slower than the field, its always a top 15 in most cases. The other upgrades only help your chances.

How the Chase Works:
The top ten drivers after the 26th race at Richmond make the Chase regardless of wins, top 5s, poles, whatever. The 11-12th spots, called "Wild Cards" in Nascar, are given to the two drivers in 11th to 20th position with the most wins. If there is a tie, it will go to the one further up the standings. This is very important to pay attention to, as you might be in this spot.

After Richmond, the points are reset. The top ten is ordered starting with 2000 points +3 for every win during the season. If youhave 7 wins, you will start with 2021 points. 11th and 12th spots start with 2000 points regardless of wins. This makes it very crucial to try at end the 26th race in the top ten in points, especially if you had a lot of wins like I did.

This is about the main portion of it. Feel free to ask me questions here, or on Live. If I make the achievement guide/roadmap, this will be my start.

Any other questions feel free to message me on Live or here in this thread (do not pm me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
SWAG!

Last edited by Puppys; 11-30-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:03 AM   #2
bongohawley

bongohawley's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
Luckily for you, the average racing game fan and achievement hunter, I have found a way to break this difficulty.
Cool, looks very similar to the guide on trueachievements?
bongohawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
Yeah it does LOL
Old 11-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver
I realize it does, but I added much more detail to it. The short tracks are easier to win with a pileup at all times. The 2 tire pit stop at one lap before halfway makes it easier to score a top 15 without saving fuel. Simulating the superspeedways makes it easier on yourself. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongohawley View Post
Cool, looks very similar to the guide on trueachievements?
I am going to add you to the guide for credit. Even though I began working on this a few days before I saw your guide, I have no way to prove it. I also feel like I used some of it as the basis of what I was missing on my end such as the plate tracks and road courses. Hope you aren't going to kill me, haha thanks!

Quote:
SWAG!

Last edited by Puppys; 11-24-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
bongohawley

bongohawley's Gamercard
I'm not here to argue at all, honestly. I'm just really proud of myself for figuring it out and got upset that someone else was taking credit for it. If you were writing the guide before I posted mine, than kudos to you for figuring it out as well. I just figured since you said that you got the game in another post on 11/19/12 and I won the achievement on 11/6/12 and posted on 11/11/12 that you completely took it from my guide.

I don't want any credit for it though, trueachievements is the community that I really enjoy helping and boosting with, so I wrote the guide for the site and 5 others who boosted the hustler achievement with me. I just came here to see if anyone else found a solution to the 250 races, but saw this. I just didn't like that you took full credit, but to be fair, I say you just take all credit out of the post and keep the guide at that.
bongohawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongohawley View Post
I'm not here to argue at all, honestly. I'm just really proud of myself for figuring it out and got upset that someone else was taking credit for it. If you were writing the guide before I posted mine, than kudos to you for figuring it out as well. I just figured since you said that you got the game in another post on 11/19/12 and I won the achievement on 11/6/12 and posted on 11/11/12 that you completely took it from my guide.

I don't want any credit for it though, trueachievements is the community that I really enjoy helping and boosting with, so I wrote the guide for the site and 5 others who boosted the hustler achievement with me. I just came here to see if anyone else found a solution to the 250 races, but saw this. I just didn't like that you took full credit, but to be fair, I say you just take all credit out of the post and keep the guide at that.
I did not begin my guide before yours was posted since I got the game two weeks late, but I did begin working on Champion difficulty before seeing your guide on TA. But I do apologize for making it sound like I completely stole your work, I have always done my best to give credit where due on my other threads and I feel like I got carried away on this one. Credit is removed, detailed guide using our findings will be here for (hopefully) some expansion.

Quote:
SWAG!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
milecoupe

milecoupe's Gamercard
Saw this on my 9th race.For the Intermediate tracks when you need gas what i did was no throttle in the turns & it saved enought gas too finish top 5 if not win every time so far.When everyone pits on the same lap you end up with 20 sec to 1 lap + lead so you can lose up too 5 secs a lap saving gas this way.
Magic 2011 online stuff

milecoupe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

This was in the guide on TA, but I could never get it to work on all tracks. The ones I listed gave me enough fuel, but the others didn't. Maybe I was gassing to early?

Quote:
SWAG!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #9
milecoupe

milecoupe's Gamercard
Pretty much dont use any gas in the turns & let the car roll & it works every time.Doing this i have 12 wins in 15 races,Other 3 i ran out of gas coming to the finish but still got top 10s.
Magic 2011 online stuff

Old 11-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #10
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Interesting, I might have been gassing too soon. (exit of the center of turns). Have you gotten this to work at Charlotte for the 600 or the superspeedways that I couldn't master? if so, I may add them to the guide.

Also, does anyone really need a guide/roadmap? If enough people ask I will keep working on it but I feel like not as many people are playing this game vs. NTG: 2011.

Quote:
SWAG!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
milecoupe

milecoupe's Gamercard
Charlotte i won by 3 secs pretty much running 40 sec laps when the ai ran 30s as i had a lap & a half lead by the time they got out of the pits.Best i could do on the superspeedways was 9th with everything but the engine upgrade.
Magic 2011 online stuff

Old 11-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #12
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Sounds good. I am going to add a second method to the above guide, If you got it to work, I don't see why others can't

Quote:
SWAG!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:14 AM   #13
AlienLocust

Alien Locust's Gamercard
This is a great guide, and offers some real good tips. Sadly I always run career races at 100% tire wear at 1%. I can not find a strategy to get me into the top 20. Clean races (not even touching walls, or other cars), only two tires taken on every single pit stop... and still I can not seem to make any progress. I will keep at it though, and figure this out somehow. ( I should also mention I am trying to do this with the basic non upgraded car in my first season).
AlienLocust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #14
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

100%? you mean race length? whyyyyy

haha to each his/her own. I can't say I would ever race 100% unless required for an achievement.

Quote:
SWAG!