PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4 > Spartan Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-04-2012, 04:13 AM   #1
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
"What Power Outage"

Best way I found was keep both Gauss Hogs intact up to the generator bit, then park one on either side of the center area. Park em so they can have a good angle on one of the 2 enemy drop locations, whilst also having a shot at the other in case they get overrun. Obviously activate the turrets as it makes it even more easy, every enemy will prioritize them over you and your Gauss-ness so its super free and easy kills. Got it on the first try this way

I dont think anyone should really be having a problem with this since they give you more than you need for weapons. If done right the Marines shouldn't even need to fight. Quite honestly did not expect a defense objective to be so damn easy.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #2
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Those mantises that are there basically trivialize this achievement even on legendary. I didn't even notice there were gauss hogs to be honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Now seems like a good time to tell you guys that I don't have a small dick. Just felt the need to let you know, fellers.
Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
Requiem Kata

Requiem Kata's Gamercard
guass hogs are only on co-op and Mantis only on solo I believe

45 Games with 100% completion

Sponsored by Total Cult
Requiem Kata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
EliteLeafHater

EliteLeafHater's Gamercard
took me 4 games with randoms but finally did it at least you get good xp

wish there was a way to matchmake older spartan ops episodes unless I am missing smething you can only search for the current episodes
EliteLeafHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
Those mantises that are there basically trivialize this achievement even on legendary. I didn't even notice there were gauss hogs to be honest.
Guass hogs?

Where?

I didn't see them either. My bud and I used the Mantises as well. Parked our asses directly in front of the generators, I took left, he took right and we just pulverized enemies as they came into view. The right side took a bit more, because Hunters dropped in on that side. The left... all I got were Elites and Grunts.

The silliest part of that being the achievement is that where the generators are located literally funnels all the attackers for you. Sound strategy for defense but as a challenge.... You don't have to move much.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Guass hogs?

Where?

I didn't see them either. My bud and I used the Mantises as well. Parked our asses directly in front of the generators, I took left, he took right and we just pulverized enemies as they came into view. The right side took a bit more, because Hunters dropped in on that side. The left... all I got were Elites and Grunts.

The silliest part of that being the achievement is that where the generators are located literally funnels all the attackers for you. Sound strategy for defense but as a challenge.... You don't have to move much.
There's one for sure at the spawn, then one parked where the Marines are defending the generators.

I havent played this solo yet. Do you really get a Mantis when you play by yourself? That sounds so OP in that little courtyard with the stomp n missiles.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
ChaosGod87

xNoSxPrometheus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem Kata View Post
guass hogs are only on co-op and Mantis only on solo I believe
You can get the mantis in co-op also, me and a buddy of mine played it yesterday. They were up by the generators on that landing platform looking thing.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #8
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
It took me three tries with randoms to get it. The first round we seemed to just get unlucky, but the second round's failure was purely due to the fact that one of my "team mates" kept running us over with a warthog. Moron.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
phoenix029

Phoenix029's Gamercard
I managed to get this on one of the chapter 5 levels as well as the achievement you are supposed to get on chapter 1 episode 5

Working On: FIFA 14, Titanfall, Watch Dogs.

Hit me up if you want to trade achievements on these.
phoenix029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
BiggD
Halo: MCC - 120 Days Left

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
I've already got the achievement but where the hell were the Manti?! Maybe it's because I did it on Co-Op?

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #11
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Warthogs appear with 3/4 people while Mantises appear with 1/2.
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #12
Hottub Cowboy

Hottub Cowboy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It seems to be a lot easier doing this with randoms than going through the hassle of getting a group together, fixing a time etc. I got it on my second try.
Hottub Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote