Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Mafia 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
magikod

Send a message via AIM to magikod

magikod's Gamercard
Thumbs up Need some help for Mafia II

I just beat the game on easy, and it was pretty fun, died quite a few times but it was worth the play. Might go through my stab at medium, figured I'd get my ass kicked on hard.

Got quite a bit of achievements for it, just need a couple more simple ones besides Joe's Adventure DLC I bought.
Also bought all the car DLC ones.

Which car(s) should I use to get the 125mph achievement and the other one getting X amount of miles in the same car?

Any other tips on getting achievements after beating the game? Which mission should I start at to get the rest of the achievements, etc.

Also any other maps to find all the playboy, etc magazines.

Thanks for any help in advanced!

-magikod

Last edited by magikod; 06-29-2012 at 12:38 PM.
magikod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I used WikiCheats to find everything. The "hot rod" will go fast enough but you'll need to upgrade it.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
magikod

Send a message via AIM to magikod

magikod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
I used WikiCheats to find everything. The "hot rod" will go fast enough but you'll need to upgrade it.
Okay thanks, any good spots to do it at besides the free way? I seem to get to around 115mph or so then crash or spin out with traffic. :P

magikod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikod View Post
I just beat the game on easy, and it was pretty fun, died quite a few times but it was worth the play. Might go through my stab at medium, figured I'd get my ass kicked on hard.

Got quite a bit of achievements for it, just need a couple more simple ones besides Joe's Adventure DLC I bought.
Also bought all the car DLC ones.

Which car(s) should I use to get the 125mph achievement and the other one getting X amount of miles in the same car?

Any other tips on getting achievements after beating the game? Which mission should I start at to get the rest of the achievements, etc.

Also any other maps to find all the playboy, etc magazines.

Thanks for any help in advanced!

-magikod
You were dieing a lot on easy? Were you using cover (press A when near a wall corner or object) or just standing out in the open?\

Anyway, for the 50 miles, go to your garage and get whatever car you have the most miles on and start driving around. I suggest using a chapter prior to 11 because after that the levels are pretty structured and you don’t have a lot of free roam time.

For the 125 MPH, use a smith thunderbolt or Ascot Bailey, fully upgraded. One trip across the bridge should do it. Start down at the bottom of the hill by the body shop and get a good run up to it and you should easily hit 125 before you cross it. Stay in the middle driving between the lanes of traffic and us the X button to honk your horn so the cars move out of the way.

As for the collectables, the links listed in the achievement guide are best because they include videos as well. Most playboys have to be gotten in certain missions so you will need to play over again.

If its true that what you donít know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #5
Osirian08

Osirian08's Gamercard
The hot rod you have to drive to the docks after killing the greasers should be quick enough to hit 125mph on a trip over the bridge - although you may have to upgrade it.
Osirian08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #6
Silent Shadow

JimmyDean293's Gamercard
Some reason the 50 miles didnt pop for me :/ was driving around for ages. but yeah for the 125mph go on a later chapter seems to be more fast cars knocking around. got this game for a tenner from blockbuster when i didnt have internet well worth it
Silent Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #7
d00gler

C Wrecks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Shadow View Post
Some reason the 50 miles didnt pop for me :/ was driving around for ages. but yeah for the 125mph go on a later chapter seems to be more fast cars knocking around. got this game for a tenner from blockbuster when i didnt have internet well worth it
Did you try driving another vehicle 50 miles? I'm just curious if you were able to unlock this with the original vehicle you mentioned. I would bet that you were <1 mile away from completing it, or it glitched, maybe just that one vehicle, for you because of a save/load conflict. Hopefully everything ended up working out alright, because this seems like one of the most straight-forward and simplest achievements of the game!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
WNxWattZ

chris wattz's Gamercard
Firstly you probably wouldn't get your a** kicked on hard, compared to other games the 'hard' difficulty is pretty simple and gives a bit of a challenge without you dying repetitively and raging like the CoD's on Veteran. Just use cover and if you keep dying in a area, use different tactics (which is what harder modes challenge you to do).

With regards to the collectables. I used a few guides, but I found the one in the achievement guide on this website pretty helpful. All you really need is the youtube videos, maps are not enough since they're all mission specific and can be very easily missed.

Some cars won't let you gain the achievement or at least don't some of the time. Note that you may have it set on imperial and hence km's and since 1 km is lesser then 1 mile it may confuse you.

100% games
Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion
Tenchu Z
Borderlands
LEGO Batman
Assassin's Creed
L.A Noire
Elder Scrolls IV: Skyrim

Games currently working on
Dead Space 2
Halo 4
Assassin's Creed III