PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > The Expendables 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-17-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
Ninja Sandman

Ninja Sandman's Gamercard
Feeling Stupid and Let Down...

I feel like an idiot because when I first heard about this game I thought it was going to be a full on retail game and now I've come on here and the achievement list is posted showing it as an arcade game. Damnit I'm let down by this. I dont care what the screenshots look like fun is fun and I wont count this game out unless I play it first. I was just hoping for a more full experience that a full retail game tends to provide over an arcade title. Oh well looks like it'll be another "wait till its deal of the week" game. Anybody else agree?
Ninja Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:10 AM   #2
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I thought you had early access to it and were disappointed. It turns out you only went as far as the achievements list. =p

I will try the demo, but that's probably it. Just spent over 3000 MS Points on Summer of Arcade titles in the last 24 hours, so unless this works out cheaper on PSN for PSN Plus subscribers, I won't get it for a while.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
If it means anything to you, there will be a full release Rambo game coming out. Feel any better?

161 completed games [Includes all DLC]

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer [God], Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I am not sure why it really matters, to be honest. The game has 400 gamerscore and is priced accordingly. I too wish that it is a full retail game, but I am also glad that it isn't a $60.00 rip-off like several movie tie-in games (Captain America and Green Lantern come to mind).
Old 08-18-2012, 12:24 AM   #5
Bantha Rawk

Bantha Rawk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfEVILmonkey View Post
but I am also glad that it isn't a $60.00 rip-off like several movie tie-in games (Captain America and Green Lantern come to mind).
I actually liked Captain America quite a bit, much much better than Thor and Ironman 2 (which were both total garbage, even though I completed Ironman 2).

OT: I am currently downloading the trial, but I'll probably end up buying the full game even though I think 1200msp is to much.
Bantha Rawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:25 AM   #6
Ninja Sandman

"If it means anything to you, there will be a full release Rambo game coming out. Feel any better? "

Yes actually that does make it better for me. What can I say I was born in 84 and loved Stallone and Schwarzenegger and every other over the top action star. I wish a developer could really come along a do a great original terminator game. I think the terminator salvation game for 360 nailed the coffin in that idea forever at this point. Here hoping the Rambo game is fun to play.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #7
d00gler

C Wrecks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Sandman View Post
"If it means anything to you, there will be a full release Rambo game coming out. Feel any better? "

Yes actually that does make it better for me. What can I say I was born in 84 and loved Stallone and Schwarzenegger and every other over the top action star. I wish a developer could really come along a do a great original terminator game. I think the terminator salvation game for 360 nailed the coffin in that idea forever at this point. Here hoping the Rambo game is fun to play.
Why not just hope for a big time action game with plenty of production value? It doesn't have to include the likenesses of the same action stars that we see in EVERY action movie - I am sick of all of them, and video game characters are a relief because they're not contrive and stuck-up like all the actors in Expendables 2. Same with a Terminator game - you don't need the EXACT names and likenesses that are in the movies, just a game with humans vs robots that is entertaining and story-driven...oh wait, that's basically ME 1, 2, and 3.

The point is, they make enough money doing the shitty movies and TRYING to capitalize with soundtracks, commercials, endorsements, and usually terrible movie-knockoff-games. There is such an abundance of different styles of games that any movie you would want to have in a game you can have, but under a different title!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #8
Ninja Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00gler View Post
Why not just hope for a big time action game with plenty of production value? It doesn't have to include the likenesses of the same action stars that we see in EVERY action movie - I am sick of all of them, and video game characters are a relief because they're not contrive and stuck-up like all the actors in Expendables 2. Same with a Terminator game - you don't need the EXACT names and likenesses that are in the movies, just a game with humans vs robots that is entertaining and story-driven...oh wait, that's basically ME 1, 2, and 3.

The point is, they make enough money doing the shitty movies and TRYING to capitalize with soundtracks, commercials, endorsements, and usually terrible movie-knockoff-games. There is such an abundance of different styles of games that any movie you would want to have in a game you can have, but under a different title!

So by this I should just buy cod every year and pretend/compare it with expendables? I didnt dislike the terminator game because it was missing the likenesses from the movie actors, I just thought the game sucked and didn't have any real story for me. And I've beaten every mass effect multiple times over and have every available achievement from all three mass effect stories so its not like I'm targeting movie based games. I'm saying that theres so much you could actually do with an expendables game that I wanted a full on retail instead of a simple arcade title. You may be sick of those stars and hate how much money they make but it dosent change the fact they have a ton of fans and I grew up on these guys so I am pretty much always going to be a fan/endorse them. I think miley cirus is garbage but it dosent change the fact that millions love her, I just dont hate her enough to go post anger on the internet about it. Anyways theres are tons of actions games under different titles like you said and I've played pretty much all of them...but to me as an action movie junkie and video game lover the combination of those two would be a nice treat.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #9
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Sandman View Post
So by this I should just buy cod every year and pretend/compare it with expendables?
I stopped reading after this. That's not the expendables at all...
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #10
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
In my imagination this conversation is taking place at an incredibly loud NASCAR event.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #11
Lamprey319

Lamprey319's Gamercard
I don't understand why people look down their noses at download games and assume that retail releases are superior. I've played games on disc that I finished in a single sitting, and I've got downloads that have given me many, many hours of gameplay. And a full retail release is no guarantee of quality.
Lamprey319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
xDante1986

New xDante1986's Gamercard
without doubt worst game of 2012 from all arcade and retail games....and for sure one of 10 worst game I ever played....Only title name isnīt enough....
Old 12-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #13
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This is actually worse than Narco Terror.
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote