Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #1
CrossFireZX5

CrossFireZX5's Gamercard
I am THIS close......

........ To snapping this friggin disc off. Why is it so infuriatingly hard trying to beat the game solo??? I don't play randoms and none of my friends have it. At this point I just want to beat the main story and the side quests can go f-off somewhere, but jesus........

I know the game was designed was co-op but this is unbelivable. I'm at 'Where Angels Fear to Tread' with my lv 22 commando and I was actually making progress.. and then the power went. Rage mode on.

I wouldn't complain about having to trudge through the hordes of enemies again if they weren't so OP! Friggin Lv 26 Badass Constructors, Lv25 Hyperion soldiers with infinitely spawning turrets and explosive weapons besides, and don't get me started on the WAR loaders.......... I'm friggin done with this shit.

There were some good times, Tiny Tina will stick in my mind as one of the coolest characters to come out of 2012, the story (that I did manage to see) was actually pretty good, and I'm still laughing at some of Handsome Jack's quotes, but for all of those good moments, theres shit like the Wildlife Preserve boss battle and..... this situation detailed above, so I think I'm done.

Borderlands 2 will go down in history as the ONLY Xbox360 game I did not finish.................. unless theres some kind of 'legitimate' (as in, no game-breaking tools or mods) xp-glitch I can do that'll make the rest of the game a cakewalk. We had a good run Borderlands, I won't be back (unless of course there is an xp-glitch or somethin like that..... maybe?)

Bioshock Infinite isn't a game, its an EXPERIENCE
CrossFireZX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:45 AM   #2
ICT Venom

ict venom's Gamercard
It sounds to me like you have not done enough side quests and are very much under-leveled. Being severely under-leveled in any game is never that much fun. Just take a step back from the main quest and just go and do side quests. If you still have the mission in Tundra Express were you have to get fleshstick, you can xp farm off of him for a few levels. There are several videos on youtube that explain this. But side missions are key and maybe try to farm a couple chests or vendors for better gear. Missions have the level you should be at to finish the mission posted in the mission log. I would recommend doing missions marked as "Normal" or as "Trivial" to get some xp.
ICT Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:55 AM   #3
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You need to some side-quests bro.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:55 AM   #4
CrossFireZX5

CrossFireZX5's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Venom View Post
It sounds to me like you have not done enough side quests and are very much under-leveled. Being severely under-leveled in any game is never that much fun. Just take a step back from the main quest and just go and do side quests. If you still have the mission in Tundra Express were you have to get fleshstick, you can xp farm off of him for a few levels. There are several videos on youtube that explain this. But side missions are key and maybe try to farm a couple chests or vendors for better gear. Missions have the level you should be at to finish the mission posted in the mission log. I would recommend doing missions marked as "Normal" or as "Trivial" to get some xp.
I am underleveled, but all the same, the game shouldn't be THIS hard for being only 2 levels below the level on the quest. And I really wanted to have the main story beaten before christmas because I simply won't have time in the new year to beat it, I barely have time now cuz I've got a couple finals left to study for, and by the time those are done I'll have 10 days to beat the rest of the main story plus Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC cuz I don't want to have anything left uncompleted come christmas day. I know about the fleshstick glitch but sadly I'm already past that point.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:59 AM   #5
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
you need better weapons and perhaps a new strategy also.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:06 AM   #6
CrossFireZX5

CrossFireZX5's Gamercard
The weapons I'm using are among the best I've found thus far. Strategy? Shoot the shit out of anything that moves, take cover when needed.

I question whether it would haved killed Gearbox to implement a difficulty system? Or perhaps a better saving system that DOESN'T respawn every frigging enemy when I want to take a break mid-quest?

Old 12-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #7
Skeetacus

Location: Indiana, a boring state in the middle of f***ing everything here in the U.S.A

xXxSK33TACUSxXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
you need better weapons and perhaps a new strategy also.
Or new friends... with the game... so he can do Co-op and have a jolly ol' time.
He's gonna get your foot in his ass and when we leave I'm taking his N7 weapons and leaving him my level IV ammo. Everybody wins.
Still crazy addicted to ME3 MP - My N7HQ
Skeetacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:11 AM   #8
ICT Venom

ict venom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossFireZX5 View Post
I am underleveled, but all the same, the game shouldn't be THIS hard for being only 2 levels below the level on the quest. And I really wanted to have the main story beaten before christmas because I simply won't have time in the new year to beat it, I barely have time now cuz I've got a couple finals left to study for, and by the time those are done I'll have 10 days to beat the rest of the main story plus Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC cuz I don't want to have anything left uncompleted come christmas day. I know about the fleshstick glitch but sadly I'm already past that point.
I guess if you want to rush through it, then you should find someone who has a very high leveled character and either have them run through everything for you, or power level you. Otherwise, this game will continue to be a terrible experience for you. I know that when I play through on a new character, I am usually 1-2 levels above the recommended level and I still have troubles in some places. The level scaling is fairly steep, so you have to be close in level or the game is fairly difficult.
ICT Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #9
thefearless1

TheFearless01's Gamercard
One way to save yourself a LOT of time and frustration beating this solo is to combine a few techniques and requires two controllers. Make a separate account with a character you like to play and do a speed run back to the Fresh-stick mission. You can either split screen with your level 20+ character to ensure the shortest possible time to the mission or only do the story missions. Once back to the Flesh-stick mission do the glitch until the desired level is achieved then save and quit. You can always go back and boost if you need to level up more or do other characters. I did this with 3 of my 5 characters and averaged about a level per minute.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #10
SimonJK

NeoVampyre's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefearless1 View Post
One way to save yourself a LOT of time and frustration beating this solo is to combine a few techniques and requires two controllers. ....
You hit the nail on the head, done this and have done it with 'support characters' on the second profile - for healing, sheild buff and ammo reg. not forgeting storage characters on yet another profile to ensure I keep the best equipement for later usage. I also have over 1000 hours experience with Borderlands 1 but still agree with Crossfire when it comes to the final extra raid bosses and the fact that the orange drops are total BSh1t, I've done Warrior over 200 times and he never drops an orange outside the mission flow same with any boss (never drops an orange unless I reload and repeat and warrior drops a 1 in 4 chance only during the last mission). The extra raid boss next door to thousands cuts I can only do using BOTH hidding places and constantly fail all 3 DLC raid bosses.

Co-op fun is okay but single player should still possible without having to glitch or cheat but not to the extent of "Killing Clawmerax with my little toe". I say that and the lack of storage space is my only stressout point with the otherwise best game sequel ever.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #11
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossFireZX5 View Post
........ To snapping this friggin disc off. Why is it so infuriatingly hard trying to beat the game solo??? I don't play randoms and none of my friends have it. At this point I just want to beat the main story and the side quests can go f-off somewhere, but jesus........

I know the game was designed was co-op but this is unbelivable. I'm at 'Where Angels Fear to Tread' with my lv 22 commando and I was actually making progress.. and then the power went. Rage mode on.

I wouldn't complain about having to trudge through the hordes of enemies again if they weren't so OP! Friggin Lv 26 Badass Constructors, Lv25 Hyperion soldiers with infinitely spawning turrets and explosive weapons besides, and don't get me started on the WAR loaders.......... I'm friggin done with this shit.

There were some good times, Tiny Tina will stick in my mind as one of the coolest characters to come out of 2012, the story (that I did manage to see) was actually pretty good, and I'm still laughing at some of Handsome Jack's quotes, but for all of those good moments, theres shit like the Wildlife Preserve boss battle and..... this situation detailed above, so I think I'm done.

Borderlands 2 will go down in history as the ONLY Xbox360 game I did not finish.................. unless theres some kind of 'legitimate' (as in, no game-breaking tools or mods) xp-glitch I can do that'll make the rest of the game a cakewalk. We had a good run Borderlands, I won't be back (unless of course there is an xp-glitch or somethin like that..... maybe?)
If you're level 22 and feeling this way about the core game I absolutely can't wait to read how you're feeling when you meet Hyperius, Master Gee and Pete the Invincible. You'll probably set yourself on fire. If you're fighting enemies four levels higher than you, you're rushing too much. Even the most seasoned player would struggle with that, even with decent gear.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #12
NewProfileKid

NewProfileKid's Gamercard
I'm playing this solo too as I have no Internet as I've just moved out, it's taken me a while to get into this game but I'm now enjoying it. I don't want to be having troubles like crossfire. So if I do side quests along with my main quest ill be fine?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #13
Cann0nSen5ei

Cann0nSen5ei's Gamercard
Levels in Borderlands 2 don't scale like they did in the first game, you won't be able to compete if you're underleveled and using underleveled gear. consider doing what everybody else is saying: do side missions to level up normally or power level.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #14
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewProfileKid View Post
I'm playing this solo too as I have no Internet as I've just moved out, it's taken me a while to get into this game but I'm now enjoying it. I don't want to be having troubles like crossfire. So if I do side quests along with my main quest ill be fine?
You should be. Try and make it a point to stay equal to the enemies/missions that you're working on or better yet, a level or two above them. All of your missions tell you their current difficulty level based on your character's current level, so avoid missions that say, "tough, difficult, impossible, etc." and you should be alright. I can tell you from experience that there is a huge difference in a mission that is described as tough and one that is descirbed as normal, even if the difference is only one experience level.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 12-10-2012 at 08:58 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #15
SimonJK

NeoVampyre's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewProfileKid View Post
You'll be fine. the game seems to level you up at the same pace as the game advances if you are doing all the side quests and don't forget if you do get out numbered and killed there is always a respawn point pretty near and nothing is really lost by dieing often.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #16
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Definitely underlevelled OP, needs more side missions for less frustration.

I didn't have any issues playing solo and aside from the early parts the quests usually were graded 'trivial or normal', obsession with doing every side quest before the story mission ensured that.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #17
thefearless1

TheFearless01's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonJK View Post
You hit the nail on the head, done this and have done it with 'support characters' on the second profile - for healing, sheild buff and ammo reg. not forgeting storage characters on yet another profile to ensure I keep the best equipement for later usage. I also have over 1000 hours experience with Borderlands 1 but still agree with Crossfire when it comes to the final extra raid bosses and the fact that the orange drops are total BSh1t, I've done Warrior over 200 times and he never drops an orange outside the mission flow same with any boss (never drops an orange unless I reload and repeat and warrior drops a 1 in 4 chance only during the last mission).

YEAH! I have 4 'mules' for all my extra gear, skins, heads on top of the characters at various farming/boosting save points (Flesh-stick, The Warrior, etc). I use The Warrior save trick too for 100% rare+ drop rate (load up a save from during the first time you play the warrior -again split screen-, after the warrior is dead your secondary profile picks up all the goodies, minus the key, saves and quits, then on your main account, pause, save to different device- usb stick/xbox mem card/hd- reload the original save again until good stuff drops). I've gotten conference calls, leaches and all the other legendary weapons that The Warrior drops in about a hour of farming, you dont get a orange EVERY time but once out of four is better than hours and hours of nothing when you go back to farm during the regular story.

Crossfire, you definitely need to setup a extra profile and at least one extra character to help speed you along. Once I got all my characters saves staged at the proper missions, I found myself going back and doing Terramorphus runs to get Eridium for blackmarket space and that can be time consuming, even did the money trade and dash glitch for max cash and spent it in the slots for Eridium, again time consuming and unnecessary just to boost your main character a few levels or like everybody says...do the side missions

Last edited by thefearless1; 12-10-2012 at 12:07 PM.
thefearless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #18
NewProfileKid

NewProfileKid's Gamercard
Cheers for the feedback walterwhite and simonjk, I'll shall stop doing the main quest at the moment, back track on side quests to help me level up and get past this mission lol. Cheers guys!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
uait

uait's Gamercard
Underlevel!
This game is perfectly doable solo (but hiperious and mastergee)
uait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #20
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I agree with this game being near impossible to complete solo...better weapons or not. Even co-op with friends, Hyperious and Gee are harder than he'll to beat, much less solo and we have pretty much the best weapons there is.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
uait

uait's Gamercard
Hyperious and gee are on the dlc, btw.

The main campaign has only 1 hard boss: terramorphus.
But with bee and cc is a seconds fight
Old 12-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #22
oobawlzmahonyoo

o0Pumpkinface0o's Gamercard
dude where you're at you should be a lvl 35 or so. knock out them sidequests man. You're gonna want the "did it all" achievement right? unless you're just saving it for the second playthrough? and if you think the first one is hard.....just wait

the only mission I needed help on was "a dam fine rescue" I must've been underlevel and that constructer at the end kept handing me my own ass. I learned quick that you gotta be on top of your game or they will make you pay for it.

thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig

Last edited by CovertDog; 12-10-2012 at 07:39 PM.
oobawlzmahonyoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:48 AM   #23
CrossFireZX5

CrossFireZX5's Gamercard
Should've found the time to respond to this last night or even earlier today but anyway: The time has come for me to formally retract EVERYTHING I said. Not long after my last post in this thread, a really nice guy messaged me and offered to power level me to 50 and hook me up with the gear I'd need to dominate the rest of the game. I took him up on this offer and 4 and 1/2 hours later I was watchin the credits roll, sense of fun re-instilled, and faith in humanity restored.

/thread.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #24
uait

uait's Gamercard
It looks like you have never played an rpg in your life.
Nothing wrong with that.
Next time, before jumping to conclusions, just ask.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #25
Fire Mage

HARDLUCKDUCK's Gamercard
I don't understand why people think these games are impossible? I agree that they are a pain in the ass, but...

Well, I'm really not that good at them but I was able to 100% the original Borderlands solo, and so far I'm on my way towards that with this one. I'm about 1 + 1/2 playthroughs or so, maybe a bit less.

Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment as I've played games like Dark Souls (which really is a great game) but Borderlands isn't that bad.

I played solo as Zero, which is considered the character with the lowest survivability, and I even took the Melee/Bloodshed and not Sniping or Cunning! Sure, I got my ass handed to me quite a few times, but doing EVERY side quest that is reasonably possible to level up is necessary.

Also, for solo, having the most up-to-date Rocket Launcher is "essential" for me in certain places (e.g., the Constructor at the dam--I couldn't beat it solo on Playthrough 1 without a good Rocket Launcher).

But I guess you could go the "Level Jump to 50" route too...

Fire Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #26
Accursius13

Accursius13's Gamercard
If that is making you rage, then I'm glad you didn't finish the game and go through a second playthough, fighting enemies lvl 51 & 52 without being able to lvl up any higher, you Sir would of flung your Xbox out the window lol.

I know enemies sometimes get cheap overwhelm you and as soon as your fighting for your life they run away and hide but that's the fun of the game.
getting your ass kicked and then coming back and kicking their asses. Hearing you rage honestly makes me think this game is just not for you. I have one lvl 50 and 4 other above 20, all I can say is either you play the game and love it or you hate it, if you do then just stay away from it.
Accursius13 is offline   Reply With Quote