Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Lost Odyssey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
zhoban

zhoban's Gamercard
Level 99 grinding question

I was curious, I had planned on getting everyone to Level 99 and I was wondering the best way to do this. Yes, I know to grind Hellish Kelolons. My question though is my party setup. If I get my Immortals to Level 99, should I just make a party of Mortals then grind them to Level 99? Or should I have a few Immortals in there as well? Or should I have all of my Immortals in a party with one Mortal character and grind like that until every Mortal is Level 99?

"I was weak, that's why I needed you. I needed someone to punish me for my sins. But that's all over now, I know the truth. Now it's time to end this." - James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2)

zhoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
HellspawnRei

HellspawnRei's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
In order for your Immortals to have full abilities/spells you must level the humans first ,so they get them too.I had Kaim on party all the time and swaping rest.
Plus if you want the achievements for full abilities on Immortals you must download a dlc with items that is only downloadable from a Japanese account.
Dont worry its free,its supposed to be a pre-order bonus.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellspawnRei View Post
In order for your Immortals to have full abilities/spells you must level the humans first ,so they get them too.I had Kaim on party all the time and swaping rest.
Plus if you want the achievements for full abilities on Immortals you must download a dlc with items that is only downloadable from a Japanese account.
Are you sure that's right? *worried*
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
HellspawnRei

HellspawnRei's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purge View Post
Are you sure that's right? *worried*

Its called Double Bonus pack and the accessory you get is
Master's Secret Script (teaches Weapon Guard 2 skill),that you get only from this.

Im 100% sure
Old 05-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
jassick

jassick's Gamercard
Quote:
Master's Secret Script (teaches Weapon Guard 2 skill),that you get only from this.

Im 100% sure
yeah. you don't need this at all. just got done finishing up all the skill master achievements. never even saw this accessory or the skill.

jassick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #6
realshinobi

Bourne Shinobi's Gamercard
Quote:
This is not true at all, people. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY DLC FOR THE SKILL MASTER ACHIEVEMENTS!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
Vault Lad

vault lad's Gamercard
Quote:

Im 100% sure
Dear. God. No.

You don't need any DLC for the base game
Old 07-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
zhoban

zhoban's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault Lad View Post
Dear. God. No.

You don't need any DLC for the base game
Thankfully for that, I would have broken this game.

"I was weak, that's why I needed you. I needed someone to punish me for my sins. But that's all over now, I know the truth. Now it's time to end this." - James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2)

Old 08-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #9
donkeyspank

lillyhammer03's Gamercard
wtf i cant get that damn skill master achievment i have every accessory and all my mortals are in the 70's. and all my imortals have learned everything from all of them i'm getting the feeling you do need that friggen weapon gaurd 2 skill and i cant get that !!!!!!!!
donkeyspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:07 AM   #10
zhoban

zhoban's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyspank View Post
wtf i cant get that damn skill master achievment i have every accessory and all my mortals are in the 70's. and all my imortals have learned everything from all of them i'm getting the feeling you do need that friggen weapon gaurd 2 skill and i cant get that !!!!!!!!
Are you sure you have every skill and every accessory? I never got the Weapon Guard 2 skill but I was still able to get the achievement.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #11
chrcoluk

chrcoluk's Gamercard
on my current game I just got the rose quartz (one turn cast) and also have the accelerator (reduce cast time 3) the time it took to farm these 2 items I had 2 characters on 99, another few in 90s and rest of party in 50s and 60s. and this was also me getting very lucky on the accelerator I got it quite quickly.

My view is given that many SP needs farming in this game, and rose quartz is a 999sp item + 100sp also for the accelerator I suggest this order.

get +10 slot item + other accessories, spells etc. so then only temple of enlightment and DLC area left. Do DLC area next, only farm if you really weak and feel you will struggle, but I will point out when you start fighting the super k and supreme k monsters the fights are easier to stay alive than the higher floors of the DLC, remember to keep switching out skills, items etc. so when you fighting you constantly getting SP. When you farming for accelerator that guy is good up to about lvl 92 I think. Also will get you decent SP per fight. Then when you farming the supreme k for rose quartz it will take you to lvl 99 easily. Once you got the 2 items leave the DLC area (dont do final boss) and you will also have a ton of slot seeds as well, I have removed the slot +3 and slot +5 of all my immortals as I had enough slot seeds to replace those 2 skills with 30 slots on 3 immortals and 29 on the 4th, so in other words just 1 short with still temple of enlightment to go and super heavy of backyard to go also. Then when doing temple of enlightment rotate your lower level guys in so they level up and try to also learn the new skills got from DLC mainly reduce cast 3 and one turn cast, plus of course counter 2. Since you still playing the game rather than just pure grinding it keeps it interesting and killing 2 birds in one stone. Defenitly better than leaving DLC to very last.
chrcoluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #12
pyro7ice

pyro7ice's Gamercard
Question

So we definitely don't need the dlc. Have it already, but isn't needed...?
pyro7ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #13
Craphex

Craphex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
So this dlc thats on the japanese marketplace, can I log in with a free japanese account, download it, log back in with my uk one and use it in game?

Edit: Indeed you can, the extra guard skill at the start is great :P

100,000G Reached: 25/04/12

Last edited by Craphex; 12-12-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: update
Craphex is offline   Reply With Quote