PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Music and Rhythm > Karaoke
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
T0X1C Z0MB1E TZ

T0X1C Z0MB1E TZ's Gamercard
This is out today!!!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...Xbox-Live.html
Karaoke (All LIVE regions, excluding Japan and United Arab Emirates)
Karaoke provides access to more than 8,000 songs from the latest hits to the oldies but goodies, available on Xbox LIVE. Your avatar will go on stage and sing with a full complement of stage props and back band. Use SmartGlass to play/stop/pause, browse the database and lyrics or to add songs to the playlist. Songs donít require any download and will playback immediately via streaming for a robust karaoke experience.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Tobi

Send a message via AIM to Tobi Send a message via MSN to Tobi Send a message via Yahoo to Tobi

HeadShotGoneBad's Gamercard
Yes, but when? The passes are shown when a search is done, but it says the app isn't available, and there's no download from the 'Karaoke' page.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yep its 8PM in the UK and no app yet.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY.

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
Blizzard-1

DayzeUK's Gamercard
Where do you live, its 7:15pm here in the UK.
Blizzard-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
doomey

doomey's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard-1 View Post
He is from the future
doomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
xXSushiSanXx

xXSushiSanXx's Gamercard
It is in-fact available today, it can be found under the applications on the Xbox Dashboard
xXSushiSanXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
WoodsMonk

WoodsMonk's Gamercard
Still not up on the UK dashboard, But I did manage to download from my US gamertag.

WoodsMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #8
Teh Paralyzer

New Paralyzer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSushiSanXx View Post
It is in-fact available today, it can be found under the applications on the Xbox Dashboard
Ugh.... thank you! The stupid smartglass app takes me to the arcade page and you can find info on it on Xbox.com so why the hell would I look under apps....

Thanks a million. Been waiting longer than I need to

4th Person to 1K DDR Universe on X360A... on my old gamertag
Teh Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:50 AM   #9
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
Probably won't be intrested in this unless I had company over. Just one thing concerns me though.. There is an achievement (INCOMING TRANSMISSION) which states, "Added a song via Smart Glass?"

This is going to put alot of completionists off if they can't complete the game because they don't have a smartglass device. It's just as unfair as having a Kinect related achievement that stops non kinect owners from completing their core games. Anyhow I'll wait for the achievement guide and roadmap to find out more.

The other thing that kinda annoys me is why is this even an app? Then again, why are Nat Geo TV and Kinect Seseme Street under apps when they should be either in the Games Marketplace or at the very least listed in Kinect Fun labs. Microsoft really doesn't know how to organize anything if their life depended on it.

On a side note, Video Kinect does not show up under "My Apps" anymore! The only way to start a video chat with someone is to click on it under "Browse Apps" which is really kinda annoying.. just proves my point that MS lacks organizational skills.

Last edited by Delow317; 12-12-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Delow317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:37 AM   #10
xXSushiSanXx

xXSushiSanXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delow317 View Post
This is going to put a lot of completionists off if they can't complete the game because they don't have a smartglass device. It's just as unfair as having a Kinect related achievement that stops non kinect owners from completing their core games.
Oh, don't worry, there are Kinect-exclusive achievements too! (All the posing ones are Kinect-only)
xXSushiSanXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:39 AM   #11
Teh Paralyzer

New Paralyzer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I'm making the guide for TA so if no one starts writing one for here soon I'll begin working on it. This is actually an easy game just a big grind.... just like Lips was nothing but grind.

I think this is a smaller grind than Lips though haha

4th Person to 1K DDR Universe on X360A... on my old gamertag
Teh Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #12
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard-1 View Post

Damn my times are messed up at the moment. I blame work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delow317 View Post
Probably won't be intrested in this unless I had company over. Just one thing concerns me though.. There is an achievement (INCOMING TRANSMISSION) which states, "Added a song via Smart Glass?"

This is going to put alot of completionists off if they can't complete the game because they don't have a smartglass device. It's just as unfair as having a Kinect related achievement that stops non kinect owners from completing their core games. Anyhow I'll wait for the achievement guide and roadmap to find out more.

The other thing that kinda annoys me is why is this even an app? Then again, why are Nat Geo TV and Kinect Seseme Street under apps when they should be either in the Games Marketplace or at the very least listed in Kinect Fun labs. Microsoft really doesn't know how to organize anything if their life depended on it.

On a side note, Video Kinect does not show up under "My Apps" anymore! The only way to start a video chat with someone is to click on it under "Browse Apps" which is really kinda annoying.. just proves my point that MS lacks organizational skills.

If people really are put off buying games due to an achievement that's sad.
You know the whole buying games for fun stuff?

Even more so a free game that requires a free App that just about every phone today can have and Ive not seen many controller based games with Kinect achievements[if any?]

I know this is an achievement site but i do feel many have forgotten why they got into games in the first place and now look at the achievements before anything else when deciding on a game just in case they cant get one that will add to their online score that does nothing.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY.

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baihu1983 View Post

Even more so a free game that requires a free App that just about every phone today can have and Ive not seen many controller based games with Kinect achievements[if any?]
Madden 13.

I could maybe understand people being mad if Smart Glass was WP only, but it's not. Then they'd have to upgrade to the far superior WP7 or WP8.
Most Recent: Guacamelee (X1)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #14
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSushiSanXx View Post
Oh, don't worry, there are Kinect-exclusive achievements too! (All the posing ones are Kinect-only)
Yeah I know lol, but I would kinda expect that from a Karaoke game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baihu1983 View Post
Damn my times are messed up at the moment. I blame work.

If people really are put off buying games due to an achievement that's sad.
You know the whole buying games for fun stuff?

I know this is an achievement site but i do feel many have forgotten why they got into games in the first place and now look at the achievements before anything else when deciding on a game just in case they cant get one that will add to their online score that does nothing.
Let me explain:

I probably wont play this anyhow as my core games and arcade games take first priority. Only if I have enough time to finish my kinect stuff before the next console arrives will I be playing this. I am an old school gamer who plays for fun first and achievements 2nd... But when I see one achievement that can stop me from completing the game 100% that's a major turn off bud. I already have enough uncompleted games, and I don't want anymore.. especially for a game like that that I will only play once my backlog of games are done.

Also it doesn't matter if Smart Glass is free or not because I don't own a smart phone and probably will be picking up another prepaid flip phone instead.. so when I see an achievement like that, unless I really want to play the game, I will avoid it due to that fact alone.

Core games that say, "Better with Kinect" shouldn't have Kinect related achievements for them. Games that require smartglass or uploading something to facebook should also be done away with as not everyone has a facebook account or Kinect.. In otherwords, there should never be any achievement that can't be obtained due to not having a whole other device or peice of hardware.

Believe it or not, I actually do totally understand your point of veiw though.. I may be a completionist, but I fully agree, people nowadays care more for achievements than they do about the actual gameplay, and that my friend, is sad.
Delow317 is offline   Reply With Quote