PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
JSP 16

Send a message via MSN to JSP 16

JSP The Great 1's Gamercard
Hidden Secrets DLC

Okay so I bought this pack for 400 points...to play some new missions....and i dont care if they didn't add achievements for it....but are you telling me they only added 3 missions for it? It said an hour gameplay but i only spent like 20-30 minutes to finish all 3 missions.....missions that didn't seem new to me cuz they seemed like other "explore this" "destroy these ships" missions....nothing new ....

fuck i shoulda just let this one pass by....waste of points and time.....wasn't even worth 400 points...shoulda been 140 or something
Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
TheSaferHouse

TheSaferHouse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP 16 View Post
Okay so I bought this pack for 400 points...to play some new missions....and i dont care if they didn't add achievements for it....but are you telling me they only added 3 missions for it? It said an hour gameplay but i only spent like 20-30 minutes to finish all 3 missions.....missions that didn't seem new to me cuz they seemed like other "explore this" "destroy these ships" missions....nothing new ....

fuck i shoulda just let this one pass by....waste of points and time.....wasn't even worth 400 points...shoulda been 140 or something
20-30 minutes of standard gameplay and no achievements? Think I'll pass on this one.
TheSaferHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
sho91

sho91's Gamercard
So that's why it's so cheap, i'll pass also as the game has some bugs already and i know how dlc doesn't work for most games, No extras,IE:achievements/weapons /outfits/abilities=worthless...thank you NO!!!
sho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
JSP 16

Send a message via MSN to JSP 16

JSP The Great 1's Gamercard
it comes with weapons.....for each mission u finish u get a weapon....but seriously...if u have the washington sword.....stick to it...its ten times better then the one u unlock........and yea...i feel ripped off buying this dlc....seriously ur better off buying a 400 msp game then this crap....
Old 12-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
ffm.piranha

FFMPiRaNHa's Gamercard
Thumbs down

On top of that, as already mentionned in another thread, this DLC contains mostly the stuff that was already in the special editions of this game (freedom edition, join or die edition).
When the game was released I bought the join or die edition, so for me it was only 15 minutes of gameplay (1 naval mission and the Maya thing which looks really beautiful but is veeeeery short and basically done in about four minutes...)

As it does not count towards completion and has no achievements in it I strongly advise anybody to spend the 400 MSP for something more useful.
For huge fans of the series who will buy it anyway I guess the only thing to say is that maybe there's hope that the next DLC will be better, since there is no more bonus content to be resold ...

100% Retail Games incl. all DLC:
GTA 5 * Far Cry 3 * Assassin's Creed 3, 2, 1 * L.A: Noire * Red Dead Redemption * Dead Rising 2, Case West, Case 0 * Mafia II * Alan Wake * Bioshock * Bully * Beautiful Katamari
ffm.piranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
juniorvarsity33

juniorvarsity33's Gamercard
400msp is standard minimum for most new gameplay. Anything lower than that is typically just some kind of items or feature pack or a sale price...

And more often then not, you'll be paying 800+ for content which has add'l cheevos.

(Of course there will occasionally be exceptions)
juniorvarsity33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
BiggD
16 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Glad to know it's not worth it

In fact, I'm glad I didn't buy the Season Pass. It ends up saving you what, $10? If I only plan on buying the MP DLC for cheevos and the SP DLC because it looks promising, I'm saving $5. Which is almost the same as the Season Pass savings.

Anyways, thanks for letting us know about the Hidden Secrets DLC. I'm sorry it was a waste :/

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 16 DAYS ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
CodSteaks

SG CodSteaks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Question for those who actually have the Season Pass and downloaded this: where exactly is the new content? I got a message saying the Mayan Ruin one was available, and I played that, but there's no sign of any of the other missions or the outfits in game. I wouldn't think you'd have to be to a certain point in the game before they unlock, do you?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #9
ffm.piranha

FFMPiRaNHa's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodSteaks View Post
Question for those who actually have the Season Pass and downloaded this: where exactly is the new content? I got a message saying the Mayan Ruin one was available, and I played that, but there's no sign of any of the other missions or the outfits in game. I wouldn't think you'd have to be to a certain point in the game before they unlock, do you?
I have the Season Pass and I downloaded this.
As already metionned before I have bought the join or die edition of the game, so I only got one naval mission and the Mayan stuff, both were accessible from the aquila-harbour in Davenport.

100% Retail Games incl. all DLC:
GTA 5 * Far Cry 3 * Assassin's Creed 3, 2, 1 * L.A: Noire * Red Dead Redemption * Dead Rising 2, Case West, Case 0 * Mafia II * Alan Wake * Bioshock * Bully * Beautiful Katamari
ffm.piranha is offline   Reply With Quote