Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
Amazing tip to everyone who has trouble beating Solo Legendary

Yes, it's amazing.

I didn't find out about this. I saw it on the Waypoint forums.

So what you basically have to do is to complete all the missions on a lower difficulty. Then comes the interesting part. You know the Rally Points? That's where things get interesting. Just go to select your mission, and choose the last RP available (and difficulty of course on legendary). Then go through the end of the mission. You can skip llike half of the level.

And yes, it gives the achievement according to the ppl on the Waypoint forums, and for me, it gives the commendation done pop up after every mission done. I need to do the last two levels, and after that I can confirm that it works.

Please, don't come here bragging about how this game is too easy for you, and how I don't deserve the achievement. I am not a god at halo campaiigns, I don't have the patience to sit behind a rock after getting shot once with Storm Rifle and have my shields gone in under a second.

This is just a tip for us who want the achievement done a lil easier. (Sorry if this is old news...)

EDIT: I can confirm that this works!

Last edited by TransonicPower; 12-15-2012 at 07:08 PM.
TransonicPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #2
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Nice find, guess this will help a lot of people having trouble. I would use this myself but apparantly this game is easier than Reach? If so then I should be fine as I beat that pretty easily in 2, 3 days.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:07 AM   #3
LV 233

bawj's Gamercard
Really hope this works, please confirm as soon as it's convenient.
LV 233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:28 AM   #4
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_...ompletion.aspx

Here's the topic where I found out about this. Apparently 343 tried to fix it, but messed it up even more to make this possible. If you want to do it, do it fast. I'm guessing this will be patched soon. I'll go to bed now, and when I wake up I'll do the last 2 or 3 missions I have left and let you know if I got the achievement. I'm pretty sure I'll get it achievement.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:47 AM   #5
NuVioN

NuVioN's Gamercard
This would be great if its true I look forward to your confirmation.
NuVioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:13 AM   #6
BiggD
125 More Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
It would have been useful to share this information with me, seeing that I'm hard at work at making a Legendary Guide...

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:16 AM   #7
Mr Chaotix

Mr Chaotix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
It would have been useful to share this information with me, seeing that I'm hard at work at making a Legendary Guide...
I'm sure there are still people that are wanting to play through whole levels and appreciate your guide

75,000G - 17/06/2014
Mr Chaotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:18 AM   #8
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chaotix View Post
I'm sure there are still people that are wanting to play through whole levels and appreciate your guide
I'm hoping man. I've never written such a lengthy Guide before for any game. It's quite the task. But in the end, if it helps the community, then I've done my job.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:25 AM   #9
Grausherra

Grausherra's Gamercard
well how about that
Old 12-15-2012, 03:46 AM   #10
UnknownJ25

Unknown J25's Gamercard
Does this still work?

Did they patch this, because this could save me so much time as the 3rd Level is a douche to beat.
UnknownJ25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:30 AM   #11
Kamakazi Pear

Send a message via MSN to Kamakazi Pear

Supernova x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It works. Did the last 3 levels like this and my chievo popped.

It DOES also update your service record, saying you completed the extra levels and completed the game on legendary, and I got the Mark VI armour for War Games, too.

The only downside is that it won't give you the challenge for completing whatever level on solo legendary.

1st in the world to get 1500/1500 on CoD:WaW
1st in the UK to 1000/1000 SSX.

360voice | trueachievements

Last edited by Kamakazi Pear; 12-15-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Kamakazi Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:00 AM   #12
Mr Hutz

Mr Hutz's Gamercard
I can also confirm this works. I had completed it on legendary co-op, but still had 4 levels to complete solo. Used this method on the four levels and the lone wolf legend cheevo popped for me too. Thank you for the great find.
Mr Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #13
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
Thanks for the confirmations guys! I just woke up, so I'll eat something before I start going through my last missions. Then I can confirm it works too
Old 12-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #14
Kemaleon

Kemaleon's Gamercard
Hmm, I wonder if this will work on LASO? Might have to give it a try...
Kemaleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #15
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Going to try this now. Hopefully it works cause I don't really want to be the game twice. Also wonder if it can be used for some of the other SP achievements like preventing one marine death?
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #16
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemaleon View Post
Hmm, I wonder if this will work on LASO? Might have to give it a try...
What would be the point of performing a glitch to complete the game on LASO...like seriously.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #17
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
I can now confirm that it gives the achievement! Just completed the last mission and unlocked both legendary completion and solo legendary achievements.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #18
NewProfileKid

NewProfileKid's Gamercard
Wow nice find! Defo be doing this!!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #19
Fireball6554

Send a message via MSN to Fireball6554

LeBrony James's Gamercard
I have the last two levels left to do for solo Legendary. I might have to give this a go.

Fireball6554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #20
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Boo to all the people that are too lazy to tough out their solo legendary run.

Halo 4 is nowhere near as hard as Halo 2 (which I just beat solo legendary on PC a few days back). Halo 2 took me a little over eight years to beat solo legendary, but I did finish it co-op on the original Xbox a long time ago.

343i needs to sort out more of Halo 4's glitches, because now I'm feeling even more butthurt from all these people trying to riddle their way out of a great learning experience.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #21
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post

Halo 4 is nowhere near as hard as Halo 2 (which I just beat solo legendary on PC a few days back). Halo 2 took me a little over eight years to beat solo legendary, but I did finish it co-op on the original Xbox a long time ago.

343i needs to sort out more of Halo 4's glitches, because now I'm feeling even more butthurt from all these people trying to riddle their way out of a great learning experience.
This. This. This.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #22
Mr Anarchy Duck

Send a message via AIM to Mr Anarchy Duck

Mr Anarchy Duck's Gamercard
Question: if you do this trick/glitch will there be a legendary symbol for the levels in solo campaign under the service record? Or will you just simply get the achievement?
Mr Anarchy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #23
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post

Like I said in the op, posts like these I don't want in this topic. Some ppl just don't have the skill, patience or time to go through the game like its meant to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anarchy Duck View Post
Question: if you do this trick/glitch will there be a legendary symbol for the levels in solo campaign under the service record? Or will you just simply get the achievement?
I originally had the 8 missions completed on heroic co-op. while I was playing MM and checked my service record, it had 14 missions completed (I hadnt done the last two missions). So I think it will show that you have completed it on legendary. I'll confirm this tomorrow when I wake up.
Edit: I misunderstood your question. Yes, there is the legendary symbol when selecting the mission. All my missions have been completed solo legendary and heroic co-op. About the service record, I need to check that later.

Last edited by TransonicPower; 12-15-2012 at 11:03 PM.
TransonicPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #24
Mr Anarchy Duck

Send a message via AIM to Mr Anarchy Duck

Mr Anarchy Duck's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransonicPower View Post
Like I said in the op, posts like these I don't want in this topic. Some ppl just don't have the skill, patience or time to go through the game like its meant to be.

I originally had the 8 missions completed on heroic co-op. while I was playing MM and checked my service record, it had 14 missions completed (I hadnt done the last two missions). So I think it will show that you have completed it on legendary. I'll confirm this tomorrow when I wake up.
Edit: I misunderstood your question. Yes, there is the legendary symbol when selecting the mission. All my missions have been completed solo legendary and heroic co-op. About the service record, I need to check that later.
Thank you that's what I was referring to. Didn't know how to explain what I was trying to say clearly.
Mr Anarchy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #25
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransonicPower View Post
Some ppl just don't have the skill, patience or time to go through the game like its meant to be.
Which is exactly why I'm creating a Legendary Guide to save people the stress of getting stuck in certain fights, save people time by showing them tricks to bypass certain fights, and give them a detailed rundown of each level so they know what to do. I mean, if you're gonna have to exploit a game to get a mere 90 then I feel bad for you.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #26
bwfcskillsinhd

i Mr Pete's Gamercard
Quote:
Which is exactly why I'm creating a Legendary Guide to save people the stress of getting stuck in certain fights, save people time by showing them tricks to bypass certain fights, and give them a detailed rundown of each level so they know what to do. I mean, if you're gonna have to exploit a game to get a mere 90 then I feel bad for you.
dont feel bad for him because he wont! fair play to him,hes found a shortcut and deserves credit.if it means less people use your guide then thats life,ive already completed my solo legendary run the hard way but would have used this method if id known,along with perhaps your guide for any trouble spots.this site is all about helping making those achievements pop as quickly and easily as possible and ppl have the option of doing it the hard way,boosting,taking advantage of glitches,whatever! this site caters for ALL! imo contributions like this are vital if theyre available,as the guy said not everyone is blessed with skill or time,so if you wana feel bad for anyone feel bad for 343....not the first mistake theyve made with halo 4 is it

Last edited by bwfcskillsinhd; 12-16-2012 at 12:02 AM.
bwfcskillsinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #27
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwfcskillsinhd View Post
if it means less people use your guide then thats life,ive already completed my solo legendary run the hard way but would have used this method if id known,along with perhaps your guide for any trouble spots.
Lol...I don't care about, "how many people use my Guide," I'm doing it because I love Halo and want to, not because it'll make me feel popular.

Quote:
this site is all about helping making those achievements pop as quickly and easily as possible and ppl have the option of doing it the hard way,boosting,taking advantage of glitches,whatever!
Okay...and yet I stand by my convictions that it's sad that people need to exploit games in order to earn their ACHIEVEMENTS. But whatever floats your boat, right?

Quote:
dont feel bad for him because he wont! fair play to him,hes found a shortcut and deserves credit.
Credit goes to him? No. He didn't find the method. He found it off HaloWaypoint and even admitted that he did, so credit goes to whoever originally found it. Just because he posted it here doesn't mean he was the one to 'found a shortcut,' he's simply sharing it from one website to another.

Oh, and learn how to proofread. Your grammar is atrocious.

Last edited by BiggD; 12-16-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #28
bwfcskillsinhd

i Mr Pete's Gamercard
Quote:
Okay...and yet I stand by my convictions that it's sad that people need to exploit games in order to earn their ACIEVEments. But whatever floats your boat, right?
seems im not the only one who needs to improve my grammar...FAIL!
bwfcskillsinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #29
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
seems im not the only one who needs to improve my grammar...FAIL!
Damn...what a good response. I'm glad I took the time to read it.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #30
smashingrascal

smashingrascal's Gamercard
I'm still going to do the whole campaign on legendary just for fun, but this is a great find for people who aren't that good.
smashingrascal is offline   Reply With Quote