Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Doom II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
DarkSephiroth

DarkSephiroth07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Level 10 UV help

I got this game when it was released on xbl marketplace but for some reason only finished everything else other than main game and main game on UV. Now with Doom 3 BFG almost finished I picked this up again and played it through.
Now I loaded my UV save which was on lvl 10 and with almost no ammo...and I don't have BFG.

As I finished Doom 1 on UV back in the days (I'm no Doom veteran, I first time played it on xbox) I though this would go too just by playing but it's a lot harder imo. I know I should have readed some tips but here I am and I really don't feel like starting over as I'm already 1/3 through the game so to say.

I have watched some youtube videos but those are either speedruns or just 100% walkthrough with tons of ammo from previous lvls. So my question is if someone (I'm looking at you Nevander ) could recommend a route for me to get some ammo back without getting in hard fights, I really have sh*tty amount of ammo.

Thanks to Rep for this sick picture!
My Guides: DFL, DW8, RE Code Veronica X Battle mode
, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Alright. Level 10. Refueling Base. Wonderful level.

If you're beginning from pistol start, you need to grab the shotgun in the secret directly to the right when you begin inside the wall. There might be one Lost Soul in there.

Now, you will want to go stright down the stairs and then press use on the middle pillar with those brown vines. Four Pinky Demons will be there but you'll get the Chaingun.

Now try to clear this yard with those two weapons (I just did it just now and almost died like 20 times but pulled it off). Pick up dropped shotguns and clips for ammo and use those two acid pool rooms for more ammo as well.

There are bunches of small health packs scattered around.

Once you clear this room, you've got a good start. Proceed into the rooms with all the zombiemen and clear that out. Should be able to get some good shotgun ammo and clips in this room. The room is located to the left if you go past the brown vine covered pillar and go through the opening.

Good luck, this is as good a start as any.

Shit I didn't even notice this thread until now. Not sure if you've already cleared the level but I'll post anyway. Just hang on a few if you're checking this because I will load up level 10 in zDoom really quick and see what I'd advise doing. Forget the levels sometimes.

Last edited by Nevander; 12-15-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:58 AM   #3
DarkSephiroth

DarkSephiroth07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Sweet thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for, time to get back at this

I was finishing Doom 3 RoE nightmare so I haven't done this yet.

Thanks to Rep for this sick picture!
My Guides: DFL, DW8, RE Code Veronica X Battle mode
, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote