Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
bwfcskillsinhd

i Mr Pete's Gamercard
XP ban! advice for anyone boosting

WOW! halo 3s banning system still works after all this time,just received a two week XP console & profile ban.my advice is simple if you intend banging everything out quickly i suggest doing your " Spartan officer" achievement FIRST if this is on your list of things to do as this is solely XP based (50xp in one playlist & skill of 20).i did this legit last week THEN moved onto social boosting yesterday to receive my ban this morning.so its clear that the ban was for social boosting but it doesnt prevent you from continuing which is strange! im sure many ppl are aware of how this works but i just thought id share this for those who arnt.happy boosting...er i mean xmas

Last edited by bwfcskillsinhd; 12-16-2012 at 11:31 AM.
bwfcskillsinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
You can't outsmart the system. Even when playing with "randoms" in Lone Wolves and popping a few achievements, we were caught and all received a 2 week ban.

Glad my final 2 achievements are in Lone Wolves and they don't require ranking up/down. Then I'm done with this game!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
a friend of mine got the same thing doing the xp boost. i still need the rank and lone wolf. Are you doing the language glitch??
Old 04-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #4
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I'm not looking to xp boost, but I was looking at boosting the rest of my achievements, which are all obtainable on social matches. My question is: just how much can you boost without getting the ban hammer? Would mixing in a few legit matches help too? Or is it something to do with using spare controllers that don't receive much input?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
Teal

Chris Teal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
I'm not looking to xp boost, but I was looking at boosting the rest of my achievements, which are all obtainable on social matches. My question is: just how much can you boost without getting the ban hammer? Would mixing in a few legit matches help too? Or is it something to do with using spare controllers that don't receive much input?
If you're using guest accounts just get a couple kills with them and you should be fine.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:37 AM   #6
makota niehe

makoto niehe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal View Post
If you're using guest accounts just get a couple kills with them and you should be fine.
yep, get at least one kill with each guest and kill each guest at least once in a match. you can avoid the hammer in Reach doing this as well.
makota niehe is offline   Reply With Quote