PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
kruk6505
 
kruk6505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6
Send a message via AIM to kruk6505

kruk6505's Gamercard
Arrow You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head quest problems when killing Crowley. Help?

Idk if this was already posted but i'm working on the "You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head" Quest/Achievement where Mister Crowley in te Underworld asks you to kill Dukov, Dave, Ted and Tenpenny. I was trying to do te alternate route with talking to Tenpenny and having him tell you to kill Crowley for a reward (to complete the quest faster) and ive done it multiple ways but each one doesnt work

The first way i did it was just simply go to the underworld after talking to tenpenny and kill Crowley instantly, i went back to the tower and tenpenny never gave me the reward, instead it just goes back to the dialogue i first did with me saying crowley wants to kill him.

The second time i did it was i talked to tenpenny and got him to tell me to kill crowley, i went to underworld and talked to EVERY person and got the speech 100% things getting them all to turn against Mister Crowley, THEN i talked to him and shot Crowley. It registered on the quest, like it told me to return to tepenny to report corlwey's death. and then when i get there, it again tells me to go kill crowley.

Has anyone else had this problem? is it just me? Can i fix it or should i just reload the save and do the original plan with getting the three keys and killing tenpenny?
kruk6505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
WOLFkraut
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,742

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruk6505 View Post
Idk if this was already posted but i'm working on the "You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head" Quest/Achievement where Mister Crowley in te Underworld asks you to kill Dukov, Dave, Ted and Tenpenny. I was trying to do te alternate route with talking to Tenpenny and having him tell you to kill Crowley for a reward (to complete the quest faster) and ive done it multiple ways but each one doesnt work

The first way i did it was just simply go to the underworld after talking to tenpenny and kill Crowley instantly, i went back to the tower and tenpenny never gave me the reward, instead it just goes back to the dialogue i first did with me saying crowley wants to kill him.

The second time i did it was i talked to tenpenny and got him to tell me to kill crowley, i went to underworld and talked to EVERY person and got the speech 100% things getting them all to turn against Mister Crowley, THEN i talked to him and shot Crowley. It registered on the quest, like it told me to return to tepenny to report corlwey's death. and then when i get there, it again tells me to go kill crowley.

Has anyone else had this problem? is it just me? Can i fix it or should i just reload the save and do the original plan with getting the three keys and killing tenpenny?
From the bugs section of the Fallout Wikia article on this quest:

After accepting Allistair's offer and killing Mr. Crowley, Allistair may not have a speech option to finish the quest. If this happens, you can:

Repeatedly talk to Tenpenny and he will eventually recognize that Crowley is dead and give you your reward.

Take the T-51b power armor from Fort Constantine and complete the quest. If you do this, you will miss out on the reward for killing Crowley.

Hope that helps.
__________________
WOLFkraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
Jack Frost
 
Jack Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Discordia, CA
Posts: 2,130

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
If you just want the achievement, play and finish Operation: Anchorage.

This achievement pops at the end when you pick up the Winterized armor in the armory.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:12 AM   #4
kruk6505
 
kruk6505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6
Send a message via AIM to kruk6505

kruk6505's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFkraut View Post
From the bugs section of the Fallout Wikia article on this quest:

After accepting Allistair's offer and killing Mr. Crowley, Allistair may not have a speech option to finish the quest. If this happens, you can:

Repeatedly talk to Tenpenny and he will eventually recognize that Crowley is dead and give you your reward.

Take the T-51b power armor from Fort Constantine and complete the quest. If you do this, you will miss out on the reward for killing Crowley.

Hope that helps.
Ya i did the mutliple conversations with him and it did get me the reward, but of course it didn't give me the achievement so i ended up just doing the whole quest with the three keys, etc. Thanks though
kruk6505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #5
WOLFkraut
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,742

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruk6505 View Post
Ya i did the mutliple conversations with him and it did get me the reward, but of course it didn't give me the achievement so i ended up just doing the whole quest with the three keys, etc. Thanks though
No problem. Sorry it didn't work out as planned, but am I glad you were still able to get it done.
__________________
WOLFkraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
fallout 3, tenpenny

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:54 AM.