PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Party > Kinect Party
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Stinkor666

Stinkor666's Gamercard
"Free"

Ok, so i've downloaded the game, and so far it seems to be Happy Action Theater 1.5. I'm not sure if game "sees" that i've purchased the original HAT, but it's integrated all the old mini-games into this game, while adding the occasional picture taking gimmick so i can share them to facebook. One thing i've noticed is, when it changes channels, there's cute little mini-mini-games, basically interactive loading pages, like you're a bowling pin and a giant bowling ball tries to knock you down or a big dragon is holding you and licks you.

Here's the kicker, to get the achievements in this one, you need to download the new games, which, when prompted aren't available yet. I go to download them and probably pay for them when they are finally available and THEN you can unlock achievements, but until they let us actually buy the new mini-games, we're pretty much stuck with an updated version of HAT, which is pretty neat.

Unless you have little kids who liked the original game or you're just an achievement hunter, you can probably pass on this one. My 3 year likes it and it can keep him outta my hair for a little while, but not really something i'd buy if i didn't have him.
Stinkor666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So, it's free, but you have to pay cash (msp) to get certain achievements in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
Jmocox

JmoCox's Gamercard
No. It's definitely free at least til the 31st of this month from what I've read. Make sure you download the full version, not the trial.
Jmocox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
MangledRex

MangledRex's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmocox View Post
No. It's definitely free at least til the 31st of this month from what I've read. Make sure you download the full version, not the trial.
You have to make it a full version by hitting the "unlock full version" in the top right where you select channels and then you'll have all the channels unscrambled and thus be able to earn achievements*

Last edited by MangledRex; 12-18-2012 at 04:57 PM.
MangledRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
Misterpoo

Misterpoo's Gamercard
Unlock key

There is an unlock key on the add ons page. It is listed as Kinect Party as well, but it is only 108kb. Download that and all the new channels unlock
Misterpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
Jmocox

JmoCox's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangledRex View Post
You have to make it a full version by hitting the "unlock full version" in the top right where you select channels and then you'll have all the channels unscrambled and thus be able to earn achievements*
This didn't work for me but the post below you is what I did as well. It's a small additional download.
Jmocox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
PolledChild

PolledChild's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpoo View Post
There is an unlock key on the add ons page. It is listed as Kinect Party as well, but it is only 108kb. Download that and all the new channels unlock
I can confirm that this does work as well.

Still waiting for my free chicken sandwich and waffle fries..
PolledChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
Stoooooooie

Stoooooooie's Gamercard
Quote:
Also can confirm this. My younger brother was confused why he wasn't getting achievements so I did that and presto! I can see a load of complaints by people downloading it and then thinking they've been conned by microsoft.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #9
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
I was wondering what that was, good thing I downloaded it. Thanks for the info.
I'm an idiot
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:58 AM   #10
Stinkor666

Stinkor666's Gamercard
awesome! i didn't even see the full download button before! i can't thank you guys enough! once we unlocked the game, we had tons of fun (as much as a grown man and a 3 year old can have with this game)!
Stinkor666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #11
PolledChild

PolledChild's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkor666 View Post
awesome! i didn't even see the full download button before! i can't thank you guys enough! once we unlocked the game, we had tons of fun (as much as a grown man and a 3 year old can have with this game)!
Dude, my 3 year old daughter had a blast popping balloons and dancing like a dubstep robot. And she slept like a rock afterwards! Best free game in a long time!

Still waiting for my free chicken sandwich and waffle fries..
PolledChild is offline   Reply With Quote