Hardcore "Quit to Menu" only available during certain points?

stuhp

I was working on doing Unstoppable at the moment, and was pinned down by one of the trucks. I decided to quit to the menu, and noticed that I was being forced to start at the first mission. I didn't die, but I was about to when I quit.

Saving and quitting once the start of a mission is done autosaving still seems to work fine, and so does at some checkpoints throughout. But the whole "about to die" - is that no longer available, or was I just unlucky with my quit to menu?

EDIT: Turns out I was just unlucky. No responses. Oh well.

Back to hardcore then :)

Edited by stuhp

That's a bummer, good luck with the next round! I'm about to start the acmpaign on hardcore, with my luck it'll happen to me too...

Yeah good thing it only happened during the third mission. Otherwise, we might've had a problem :D

Here's a tip from my playthrough: stay in the back. Only try to move up when everyone else does, or if you hear a "clear". A lot of enemies like to rush your position, so if you're behind your allies, then it gives you some breathing room and a chance that the enemy may be targeted by friendlies.

Stay in the back. Play conservatively. Pick off enemies one by one. Wait for the clear. And, most importantly, abuse your ability to ask for more ammo. You get 1 grenade from asking as well, assuming you're not full.

EDIT: Oh, and as far as using the checkpoint workaround is concerned, I only used it at the beginning of each and every chapter. At points where I knew I had trouble previously on Hard, I did use the workaround as well as insurance, but I typically quit to menu instead and just decided to push my luck each time.

Edited by stuhp

My tip is remember parts of the campaign you struggled and dashboard/USB save before them

Lost how many times I shat myself behind cover after getting a few shots in me

And don't do what I did, I died once, instead of copying my USB save onto my hard drive I did it the other way resulting in my starting again. Thi k I was on mission 7

Good luck mate

• 2 weeks later...