PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2 > Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
Redemption Mode

Makaveli x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Moxxi Pictures

Are Moxxi's pictures dropped randomly (like the Oil Cans, pizza ect. from Borderlands 1 Claptrap DLC)?

I've picked up three so far, and I can't seem to find a guide for their locations...
Old 12-02-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
Blaqk Majik

Blaqk majik's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanOrtizSr View Post
Are Moxxi's pictures dropped randomly (like the Oil Cans, pizza ect. from Borderlands 1 Claptrap DLC)?

I've picked up three so far, and I can't seem to find a guide for their locations...
Yeah they are dropped randomly throughout the new CoC DLC. It's been rumored that BadAsses drop them but I have had them drop from normal enemies. A lot of people have just been farming Pyro Pete's Bar Room Brawl Tier 3 Rematch to get them. 10 are required for the achievement but it's also been known to not unlock til after you get at least 12-15 for some reason.

Blaqk Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
Redemption Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaqk Majik View Post
Yeah they are dropped randomly throughout the new CoC DLC. It's been rumored that BadAsses drop them but I have had them drop from normal enemies. A lot of people have just been farming Pyro Pete's Bar Room Brawl Tier 3 Rematch to get them. 10 are required for the achievement but it's also been known to not unlock til after you get at least 12-15 for some reason.

Thank you for the quick response, Majik. I'll try that out.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
Blaqk Majik

Blaqk majik's Gamercard
Quote:
Thank you for the quick response, Majik. I'll try that out.
No problem. I still haven't gotten them all yet either haha.

Blaqk Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:01 AM   #5
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I got this Thursday night and didn't realize I had picked up that many. It was a nice surprise. And yep, it's very random.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #6
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:

Please don't ever mention oil cans and pizza again, it just brings back bad memories. Or panties and fish in a bag or whatever it was. You can mention any of those things individually, but never together. And never in the Borderlands forums. Alright, I don't have the power to make rules like this but there should be one.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:15 AM   #7
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
FYI alot of reports (and personally), have said it takes more than 10 to get the cheeve. I had 13 when mine popped.
Just keep doing the bar fight in Pete's Bar. you can get 0-4 each round.
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #8
Redemption Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Please don't ever mention oil cans and pizza again, it just brings back bad memories. Or panties and fish in a bag or whatever it was. You can mention any of those things individually, but never together. And never in the Borderlands forums. Alright, I don't have the power to make rules like this but there should be one.
I know what you mean, bro, but for us to move forward, we must look back...

Old 12-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #9
Phantom-Phive

Phantom Phive's Gamercard
I think you have to collect them all in one play session. I think if you quit & save and then comeback, I'm not sure if the total carries over.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Phantom-Phive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #10
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Phive View Post
I think you have to collect them all in one play session. I think if you quit & save and then comeback, I'm not sure if the total carries over.
I don't think you need to get all 10 in one session. I managed to find 3 photos during the campaign, then I got the rest the next day as I was farming the bar brawl mission and I still got the achievement.

Last edited by Inebriated Jedi; 12-04-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
stonedsoldier

IILewisII1984II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaqk Majik View Post
it can take far more if your not lucky, this is due to the fact that there are actually 3 different versions of moxxi pictures and only one of the three counts towards the achievement progress. it is not a glitch, and also i would recommend pyro pete's bar, on TVHM, with your vault hunters relic equipped to slightly increase your chances of getting the right one.

stonedsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:56 AM   #12
JTL

jUsTiN CaT's Gamercard
Does it need to be in the same playthrough with the same character? I have 2 different characters playing the DLC in TVHM collecting a few pieces by each respectively.
JTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL View Post
Does it need to be in the same playthrough with the same character? I have 2 different characters playing the DLC in TVHM collecting a few pieces by each respectively.
I believe it is collective as long as it's the same account.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #14
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
I cannot find any pictures at all. What am I doing wrong?!
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #15
mastodon54

MASTODON54's Gamercard
i have found 11 but havnt got the achievement yet.
mastodon54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #16
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealPavelski View Post
I cannot find any pictures at all. What am I doing wrong?!
You're not killing enough enemies. Check THIS thread for the best places to farm for the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon54 View Post
i have found 11 but havnt got the achievement yet.
Keep picking them up. The achievement unlocks somewhere between 10-20 pictures.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:35 AM   #17
JayShockblast

Jayshockblast's Gamercard
I swear to god, now that I have the achievement, I get them 10 times more often than I did before I had the achievement. It's crazy. I think I've gotten at least 15 today alone. I keep doing the bar fight but without activating the quest and they drop quite often...
JayShockblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:53 AM   #18
Simlaurel

Simlaurel's Gamercard
The achievement unlocked for me at 12 pictures. Farming the bar brawl was where I got it.
Simlaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #19
SuNuS

SuNuS's Gamercard
I have been farming Pete's bar for days now and I have looted 5. And if there are only certain versions that count, then I could be sitting at none towards the achievement.

Very depressing. At least the pizza, glasses and panties achievement had the boss that you could hide from and just collect all the loot after letting your controller sit overnight. This achievement is just mind numbing.

Sig by Gackt
SuNuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:05 AM   #20
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuNuS View Post
I have been farming Pete's bar for days now and I have looted 5. And if there are only certain versions that count, then I could be sitting at none towards the achievement.

Very depressing. At least the pizza, glasses and panties achievement had the boss that you could hide from and just collect all the loot after letting your controller sit overnight. This achievement is just mind numbing.
You don't have to keep farming at Pete's bar, you can try your luck by killing Bikers and random enemies throughout the Badass Crater of Badassitude. I found about 8 or 9 from just naturally killing enemies at different locations.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:59 AM   #21
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuNuS View Post

Sorry man, but I disagree. Collecting the Moxxi pictures pales in comparison to that collection achievement in Robot Revolution, not to mention it was glitched for months and required a patch for the achievements to unlock. That one took easily ten times as long to complete as this one.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #22
SuNuS

SuNuS's Gamercard
Quote:
Sorry man, but I disagree. Collecting the Moxxi pictures pales in comparison to that collection achievement in Robot Revolution, not to mention it was glitched for months and required a patch for the achievements to unlock. That one took easily ten times as long to complete as this one.
That achievement was indeed terrible but since it's in the past it seems less painful.

This one is now in the past as well....thankfully. After seeing several pictures fall right through the floor in Pete's bar, I can only hope the next DLC will be gentle with the collectible achievements.

Sig by Gackt
SuNuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #23
Rev0Knuckle

Rev0Knuckle's Gamercard
Little bit irritating this one was. I just got it and the drop rate on the bar brawl mission was abysmal. Got 1 in 25 attempts on tier 3 rematch!

Usually (but not always) only bad ass enemies drop the pictures and there are lots more of them when you fight the enemies in the bar WITHOUT starting the actual bar brawl mission, also the enemies almost spawn indefinitely when doing this. I managed to get the remaining 4 I needed in about 10 mins this way. Worth a try for anyone struggling.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #24
Greg521988

lbj4mvp6's Gamercard
Just got this dlc along with the first one in that new pack that came out, I found my first photo and I wont let me pick it up, it keeps saying that I need the carnage dlc? Any ideas?
Greg521988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #25
Pir8 Matticus

Pir8 Matticus's Gamercard
I've personally had good luck getting them to drop in Pete's Bar during the Tier 3 Battle there. I would suggest doing that battle a few times.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #26
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Not to mention that there were four of those fucking achievements in Robot Revolution. Finding the Claptrap Bobble-heads and the Oil Cans were just as time consuming as the panties/fish/pizza one.

The only item that seemed to drop fairly regularly were the 3-D glasses which I got right away and then it took weeks of farming to get the other 3.

As far as the Moxxi pictures, I played with people who weren't paying enough attention to the drops and didn't notice that the Torgue Coins and the Moxxi pictures were a slightly different shade of purple than the weapons so I got that one pretty quick, thankfully.

Last edited by Jack Frost; 03-05-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #27
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
This was my final achievement which I unlocked today and from my experience its not just badass's which drop the pictures. The other big guys do as well. I got the 10 at the bar room brawl tire 3 quest. I didn't actually activate or turn it in just went into the bar and started shooting. I was getting up to 3 per round compared to maybe one if I activated the quest. Also the pics are different and it took more than 10 for me to finally get the achievement so I'm guessing that because there is more than 1 type of picture they need to all be the same style. Just adding my 2 cents.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #28
Muse89

Ragnarok K1's Gamercard
Hate these sort of achievements, they should really make the drop rate higher so you can at least have most of them by the time you finish all the dlc.

Currently farming T3 bar brawl, but only found two pictures in around 12 runs. Does anyone know if its better to just keep spamming the quest of save and quit out then reload it each time you get a picture?
Old 07-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #29
Muse89

Ragnarok K1's Gamercard
I got this yesterday after only counting six, so either I somehow didn't realise I'd picked up four more or its glitched both ways. Was a nice suprise though, was dreading having to collect 15+
Old 07-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #30
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse89 View Post
I got this yesterday after only counting six, so either I somehow didn't realise I'd picked up four more or its glitched both ways. Was a nice suprise though, was dreading having to collect 15+
If someone else in your group picks one up without you knowing you also get credit for it. That's probably why.
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote