Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Darksiders 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
SavageD49

savaged49's Gamercard
Does too much loot ruin darksiders 2?

At first i thought this loot system would be pretty cool but the more i played the more I found it took more and more fun out of the game for me. I felt chests had no meaning anymore beyond the keys. Honestly they need to either completely overhaul or ditch the loot system...why you ask?

1. Makes legendary weapons completely useless: Why would I want s special item given to me by a boss fight when I can craft my own superior game breaking scythe.

2. To much loot: There is such a thing as to much and with no storage system beyond what I carry its hard to manage your weapons and make your builds.

3. Makes the game unbalanced: I mentioned this with the legend weapons, but once I made an awesome health steal scythe the game posed no challenge or intensive to me.

4. Leveled weapons feel like they lack accomplishment: The most satisfying loot in this game has to be the abysmal armor, why because it is actually useful compared to level 20 loot. Now those amazing dlc weapons we got for pre orders or playing darksiders 1 stop being any good after 5 levels. Whats the point of dlc weaponry when it just out shined by regular gear? A interesting thing would be that legend weapons should all have tiers with each other and actually level with you giving you incentive to find them and use them.

5. Lack of incentive to gather new weapons: Heck i stopped opening chests because i thought eh ill just get more useless junk ill just sell or don't have space for.
SavageD49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 AM   #2
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm a huge RPG fan. So I loved the fact that they added a loot system in Darksiders 2. It could have been executed better. But it's a step in the right direction in my opinion.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
Spectreshade85

spectreshade85's Gamercard
I stopped playing for some reasons, but one of them was the loot. There was way too much. After I made a good weapon, I found all the loot useless, mostly ignoring it and not even bothering to sell it. I do agree that the loot needs to be much more rare or beef the stats of legendaries.
50K GS: 8/3/11 (Dragon Age 2: Knowledgeable)
60K GS: 4/20/12 (Kinect Adventures: Shining Example)
70K GS: 3/30/13 (Bioshock: Infinite: Heartbreaker)
80K GS: 3/4/14 (Darksiders II: The Secondary Adventure)

Spectreshade85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:35 AM   #4
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
This weak topic got loads of support at gamefaqs. Not so much here.
I LOVE the loot drops and especially when I get some new cursed gear to feed.

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote