PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Party > Midway Arcade Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
Midnight_Jasper

Midnight Jasper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Need help with a few, any tips or suggestions?

Bought this day 1, great game and love the classics, need some help with some of the games. I was wondering the best way to get gold medal on 720? Defeating Sinistar? Any help?
Old 11-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
rIKmAN

rikman's Gamercard
For 720, go to the "Ramp Park" in the top right of the map, then hit the ramp and hold B down as you jump in the air, as long as you don't crash you should make a gold medal and it will pop.

For sinistar, shoot the rocks until they vibrate and they will release little white dots (sinibombs) for you to collect.

Collect as many as you can and then when sinistar turns up avoid him but keep him on the screen and keep hitting B to drop the sinibombs.
These will home in on him, and you must hit him 13 times to kill him, then the achievement will pop.
rIKmAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
UGWRayne

UGWRayne's Gamercard
720 sinistar

For 720 i did the lower left one. The one you go down the ramps as fast as possible. You go a little wide then cut in and your able to go off the ramp before the corner and shave off some time that way. Took 3 tries to get the hang of it. and sinistar is so damn hard he always eats me. Cant figure that one.... A video would help.
UGWRayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:37 AM   #4
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet PinkiePie View Post
Bought this day 1, great game and love the classics, need some help with some of the games. I was wondering the best way to get gold medal on 720? Defeating Sinistar? Any help?
For 720, I went straight to get a board since its only 25 bucks then went straight to downhill ramp event. With a board that I purchased, it prevent from you to slip the board and fall after you make a jump. It took me a few attempt to get a gold medal and I find the downhill ramp event more easier than other 3 events.

For Sinistar, ingore the red flying creatures around you that dont harm you at all but make sure you shoot the small flying jets that will shoot you and focus on shoot the asteriods to get the white speck off and collect it until you get at least 13 sinsbombs. Now after you have 13 sinsbombs, find sinstar right away. He will build up overtime in his face while you collects 13 sinsbombs but if you do it fast, he wont have a time to build himself. This way, you can sinsbombs him less than the requirement tells you. That game is a bit difficult but it takes practices to beat him

Now for the future reference, go to trueachievements.com there is a guide of each achievements for Midway Arcade Origins. You will find it useful and also use youtube to check the gameplay of each games if you arent familiar with or never played it before. It helped me a lot when using youtube on some games that I didnt understand how the gameplay works.

I made two guides under TA's Midway Arcade Origins-Joust 2 and Smash TV. These two games are the most difficult to get and most people have a trouble to get it done but my guides for these two games will helps you to overcome it and get achievements in an easy way as much as posible. Hope this helps and good luck.

Motorexskygtr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:41 AM   #5
Fatboy Says I

Fatboy McCool's Gamercard
For 720 I bought shoes & board & did downhill & for Sinistar, you have to shoot the asteroids to gain sinibombs and you need a minimum of 13 but I stocked up on the maximum which is 20 and I waited for Sinistar to be in the scanner range and I shot all the sinibombs on him until he blew up.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #6
Marketman316

Marketman316's Gamercard
ANY tips for Joust 2? It's the only game i need to beat but IT'S HORRIBLE!!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
UBER GOOBER

EL UBER GOOBER's Gamercard
For level 3 start at the bottom to kill regular birds & to get eggs before they go into fire & move up to 2nd floor to kill the red machine
Old 12-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #8
UBER GOOBER

EL UBER GOOBER's Gamercard
For Smash TV when going against Mutoid Man boss I started with 2 lives and I died at first when going for the guns on the side and I had one life left, I stayed in the top left corner and waited for power ups to appear & collected them & fired them at him. He will move to that corner but you have to watch out for Mr Sharpnel characters that explode as it would be best to kill them before they do that. Keep repeating this & you will destroy the boss & eventually unlock the achievement which is the hardest of this game.