PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
ScReEmFaCe

Wookiee Hairem's Gamercard
Ok perhaps you can settle a boosting dispute regarding seriously...

Some friends and I are boosting Seriously... whenever we can. We're shotgun boosting on Gridlock, 6v6, 2 accounts on each team are dummies. Of course each of us going for kills goes across the map to enemy spawn, kills two dummies, comes back to center, then we take turns killing each other every other round for 19 rounds. The whole match takes 30-40 minutes, tops. One of our friends says War Machine is faster and that we're wasting 20 minutes per match doing it on Gridlock. If it IS faster I'm more inclined to think its more likenetween 2-5 minutes faster at the most. Bear in mind the end score for our games is like 18 rounds for one guy and 19 rounds for the other, so we're essentially playing 37 rounds total before the match is over. There's no way he did that on War machien in 20 minutes as he contends. Can I get some back up on this. If I'm wrong I'm wrong I guess but I'm getting sick of hearing about it and wnated to know if other people could confirm/deny this for me. If War Machine is faster, by how much and is my friend full of it? lol
Old 12-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
ScReEmFaCe

No one...?

Come on guys nobody can help me settles this? I've been hearing about it for like 2 friggin weeks and I just want to shut him up about it whether he's right or not!
Old 12-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #3
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Why don't you just try both and record the time?
Old 12-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Play Raven Down instead.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:59 AM   #5
ScReEmFaCe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOKH8R View Post
Why don't you just try both and record the time?
We have and we could see no difference, seemed to take about the same amount of time. He maintains we're doing it wrong or not fast enough. "If you know what you're doing on that map doing it the way you guys are doing it, a round should only take 20 seconds." More or less a direct quote from him. I think he's crazy. I can see it being faster by like maybe 10 seconds, but he thinks our sessions should only be 20 minutes or so, not 30 or 40 (sometimes we joke around and stuff to keep form going crazy and it takes longer). I think he's blowing the time differences WAY out of proportion.

Last edited by ScReEmFaCe; 12-25-2012 at 04:25 AM.
ScReEmFaCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:15 AM   #6
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScReEmFaCe View Post
We have and we could see no difference, seemed to take about the same amount of time. He maintains we're doing it wrong or not fast enough. "If you know what you're doing on that map doing it the way you guys are doing it, a round should only take 20 seconds." More or less a direct quote from him.
Can you not get that friend to show you what he claims to be the fastest way.
Or, as Yunder said, try Raven Down- that map is tiny.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:26 AM   #7
ScReEmFaCe

well he's done boosting gears so he won't touch it, I think he's blowing the time differences way out of proportion, not to mention being a know-it-all douche :P Eh well, good guy and good boosting partner regardless, just wanted to know what others' experiences with the maps were.