PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dishonored > Dunwall City Trials
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
TheThreeStooges

DLC Any good?

Hi i would like to know hows the new dlc? is it fun worth the $$$$?
TheThreeStooges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It's shite. Not a patch on the main game. Achievements are hard as hell too. Trial's just don't fit this game in my opinion. A lot of people here share this opinion but some like them. Just don't expect anything close to the goodness of the main game and you might get some pleasure out of them. Me, I'd rather eat glass than play any more of it.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
It's shite. Not a patch on the main game. Achievements are hard as hell too. Trial's just don't fit this game in my opinion. A lot of people here share this opinion but some like them. Just don't expect anything close to the goodness of the main game and you might get some pleasure out of them. Me, I'd rather eat glass than play any more of it.
I totally agree with ponypo. This DLC is not what made Dishonored so good. This is just repetitive and luck-based half the time. I would avoid it.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
Kohbo

FullMetal594's Gamercard
These achievements are probably some of the toughest, most rage-inducing ones I have ever done. Some of the challenges are pretty fun, such as Bend Time Massacre, but then some are completely luck based. Too many random elements, which I believe was the developer's intention to add playability only leads to frustration. This is a step in the wrong direction for the game, but there were some enjoyable moments.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
Chevelle

Chevelle x19x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohbo View Post
These achievements are probably some of the toughest, most rage-inducing ones I have ever done. Some of the challenges are pretty fun, such as Bend Time Massacre, but then some are completely luck based. Too many random elements, which I believe was the developer's intention to add playability only leads to frustration. This is a step in the wrong direction for the game, but there were some enjoyable moments.
It was a step in the right direction to make the challenges/Achievements hard... However it was a step in the wrong direction to make some of them so hard people wont even bother trying/They just ragequit. They'll likely learn since sales for the DLC seem to be pretty low even though its only $5

Chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
dodo101

Eqic DodoO's Gamercard
I really like the idea of challenges.
So i started playing dishonored for first time starting with the trails.
They are more annoying than fun and the achievements rrelated to it are redicules hard!
Right now im doing the oil drop challenge and i barrely make it alive after round 3
Old 12-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
Kohbo

FullMetal594's Gamercard
Finally got all the achievements! Woot! The randomness is the real pain. I was really ticked when they randomized your starting mana on Train Runner. You either can do two blinks in a row, or only one, which is just plain stupid if you are competing with the leaderboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo101 View Post
I really like the idea of challenges.
So i started playing dishonored for first time starting with the trails.
They are more annoying than fun and the achievements rrelated to it are redicules hard!
Right now im doing the oil drop challenge and i barrely make it alive after round 3
For Oil Drop, try turning your sensitivity down in the options. I turned mine down to 10 and it helped a lot.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #8
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohbo View Post
Finally got all the achievements! Woot! The randomness is the real pain. I was really ticked when they randomized your starting mana on Train Runner. You either can do two blinks in a row, or only one, which is just plain stupid if you are competing with the leaderboards.

For Oil Drop, try turning your sensitivity down in the options. I turned mine down to 10 and it helped a lot.
You, sir, are a GOD. F*ck me. No chance for me to do what you have somehow done.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #9
Kohbo

FullMetal594's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfEVILmonkey View Post
You, sir, are a GOD. F*ck me. No chance for me to do what you have somehow done.
Luck. Lots and lots of luck. Dumped about 15-18 hours into this DLC to get everything. Definitely was quite challenging.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:19 AM   #10
Deadly Krueger

Deadly Krueger's Gamercard
The expert challenges and killing all enemies until wave 13 are my hardest ones.

plus i'm waiting for a video guide for the jump locations

but yeah this DLC does not go with the game. I like the idea of a trial type thing for this game, but when the achievements are this crazy hard it sucks. Dishonored was a easy 1000, now the trail achievements have made it challenging.

STAY AWAY!!!

Last edited by Deadly Krueger; 12-17-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Deadly Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
dodo101

Eqic DodoO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Krueger View Post
The expert challenges and killing all enemies until wave 13 are my hardest ones.

plus i'm waiting for a video guide for the jump locations

but yeah this DLC does not go with the game. I like the idea of a trial type thing for this game, but when the achievements are this crazy hard it sucks. Dishonored was a easy 1000, now the trail achievements have made it challenging.

STAY AWAY!!!
Indeed stay away!!
Right im having a hard time with the bonfire expert.
Getting stuck behind everything or blink and an emeny suck you to him and all that kind of BS.
I really can't believe these challenges are that damn hard!
They all take hours to complete.
Ohh and BTW the controls sometimes seems unresponsive when you trying to jump!

Last edited by dodo101; 12-17-2012 at 04:31 PM.
dodo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:01 AM   #12
MaicoWin

MaicoWin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This DLC definitely extended the life of the game for just $5, but if you suck at games, then you'll probably want to stay away. Keep at it, and don't give up like a cry baby and you'll 100% it.

Equation to discern noobs: "Skill ∝ Whining of difficulties and multiplayer achievements ^ Completion %"
MaicoWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #13
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaicoWin View Post
This DLC definitely extended the life of the game for just $5, but if you suck at games, then you'll probably want to stay away. Keep at it, and don't give up like a cry baby and you'll 100% it.

Great contribution. Can you come up with anything besides 'they suck at games' whenever someone has an opinion about difficulty? It has already been explained multiple times that the randomness is what contributes to the frustration.....and the last time I checked, randomness doesn't have anything to do with 'skill' in a game. I don't see anyone acting like a crybaby, only you coming across as an elitist ass for no reason, whatsoever.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #14
Certtz

Certtz's Gamercard
My god, the achievement in this DLC are tough! The DLC is fun and has a new twist to the game, but its not story related. There will be two more coming out in the future and I hope they are a lot better than the latest one.
Certtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #15
Hutchy27

hutchy27's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Certtz View Post
My god, the achievement in this DLC are tough! The DLC is fun and has a new twist to the game, but its not story related. There will be two more coming out in the future and I hope they are a lot better than the latest one.
I also hope so and I have high hopes for them. I'll probably pick them up when I can.
Hutchy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #16
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Looks like you guys have sold me on this DLC. Reverse psychology I guess. Arkane love you.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #17
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Ugh. I shouldn't have read this.

I already despise trial stuff like this and now I don't even wanna try the fucking things... :/

Especially because it's incongruous with the game in general and I'm much more interested in the DLC Arkane teased about that'll follow Daud.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:24 AM   #18
Extra Saucy

Shred Asics 13's Gamercard
This might be the first DLC I have bought and completely bailed on. I spent an entire evening just on Burglar, normal and expert. What a waste of fucking time.

-Praise The Sun-

Extra Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:35 AM   #19
Loopy Altitude

loopy altitude's Gamercard
I just got the DLC tonight, and although it's challenging, it'll definitely extend the life of the game for me.

All you guys that claim it's too hard (which is half the point), you could always wait for a guide or two to help you out.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #20
Bulldog LXXIII

Bulldog LXXIII's Gamercard
From the responses I have seen I think I will be avoiding this one.

I have 2 more achievements to go to 1k the game and then I will just go off and sulk that it counts as an incomplete game in my stats because of not having or completing the DLC.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #21
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
Great contribution. Can you come up with anything besides 'they suck at games' whenever someone has an opinion about difficulty? It has already been explained multiple times that the randomness is what contributes to the frustration.....and the last time I checked, randomness doesn't have anything to do with 'skill' in a game. I don't see anyone acting like a crybaby, only you coming across as an elitist ass for no reason, whatsoever.
My thoughts exactly. Someone's ego needs constant polishing I bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog LXXIII View Post
From the responses I have seen I think I will be avoiding this one.

I have 2 more achievements to go to 1k the game and then I will just go off and sulk that it counts as an incomplete game in my stats because of not having or completing the DLC.
Same, was wondering if it was any fun. I loved Dishonored but am not interested in "Trials" type of DLC for any game. Would love more story based missions instead.

Getting 1000 in this one was a blast. I'd like to not sully the fun.

With regards to DLC making a game "not compete", bah I say! I like the TA approach to that: DLC is optional. Because it is. The original/main 1000 in a game is what matters to me, DLC achievements are a nice bit of dressing but if I can nab 100% on the main then I'm okay considering it complete at that point.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #22
Extra Saucy

Shred Asics 13's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
My thoughts exactly. Someone's ego needs constant polishing I bet.

Same, was wondering if it was any fun. I loved Dishonored but am not interested in "Trials" type of DLC for any game. Would love more story based missions instead.

Getting 1000 in this one was a blast. I'd like to not sully the fun.

With regards to DLC making a game "not compete", bah I say! I like the TA approach to that: DLC is optional. Because it is. The original/main 1000 in a game is what matters to me, DLC achievements are a nice bit of dressing but if I can nab 100% on the main then I'm okay considering it complete at that point.

Totally agree here. I mean there are many different ways to think about it. If you love whoring GS or what have you, this is a good value. To me, it was just not a FUN challenge, but just a FRUSTRATING one. Not that the games are comparable, but Dark Souls for instance is a very challenging & patience testing game but it's highly enjoyable.

Dishonored was fun, it's just not the game I want to spend doing trials on. It's not the most creative DLC by a longshot BUT it is very well priced for what it is.

I agree with the TA approach too. I love having most of the COD's completed but a lot of that DLC is just too overpriced and not worth it.

-Praise The Sun-

Extra Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:10 AM   #23
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post

Here mang, take a puff from this.

160 completed games [Includes all DLC]

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer [God], Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #24
iceandspec

Jimmie Brown's Gamercard
Yeah, I don't think I've met anyone who actually likes the DLC, especially the achievements.
iceandspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #25
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Saucy View Post
This might be the first DLC I have bought and completely bailed on.
I'm the same, I absolutely loved the actual game then made the mistake of trying a few of these, boy, what a crock of shit this DLC is.

It's not difficulty that's putting me off but that I supremely cannot be arsed with all the luck-based shit.

For example I figured I'd have a laugh and try getting to wave 13 in that trial and for fuck's sake, I had to restart about 7 times on the first wave because it was spawning a Weeper next to two guards and the majority of the time, even with blinking to them, they'd kill it before I could get there.

It was at this point that I told this to fuck off - If the achievements were simply very difficult I'd have hung on until I'd got them but when they make luck to be effectively the deciding factor in how well a run will go, they can stick it up their arse.

Kudos, though, somebody might have actually finally made something as worthless as Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #26
crocodial

Beavis XBL's Gamercard
I think the challenges are a creative and cool way to get you to use some of the abilities that you may have overlooked in the main game. I don't fault the challenges themselves, although some are less interesting than others (I am looking at you, Bonfires). If you don't care about score or achievements than you will probably have some fun with these, especially at the low price point.

However, if you do care about score and especially achievements, then this DLC is absolutely dreadful. When you have a game that has achievements with a low-moderate level of difficulty and then tack on achievements that are as close to impossible as any achievement I have ever attempted, there is no other way to put it then to say that they fucked us. I've done Mile High Club (COD4), Hard to the Core (Dead Space 2), expert runs in L4D and L4D2, and completed Dark Souls with no complaint whatsoever. I enjoyed those challenges. These? These achievements are bullshit.

I have done all that I can stand with this DLC for now. I am walking away from the rest to wait to see if a patch comes out (highly doubtful), but I want to be sure before I devote the weeks it will take me to finish up this DLC.
crocodial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #27
Chriss234

Chriss234's Gamercard
I thought it was fun at first but the difficulty was a bit too much for me (to get the achievements anyway.)
Chriss234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #28
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriss234 View Post
I thought it was fun at first but the difficulty was a bit too much for me (to get the achievements anyway.)
There isn't much to the DLC at all, if you haven't played it yet it is literally trials set in a Dishnored universe. Its cheap and we know why.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #29
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Honestly, I thought it was pretty good. For only 400 Microsoft Points you get a good variety of fun challenges that test your ability in combat, stealth, and puzzles. The atmosphere of each challenge is also aesthetically pleasing and you could tell they put a lot of work into it.

However, the achievements are arduous and require lots and lots of dedication, skill, and luck.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #30
l Yakuza l

smallranger9334's Gamercard
i love the DLC and the Achievements i only need by my hand alone then im done! well untill the new DLC is out
l Yakuza l is offline   Reply With Quote