Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
intheshallow

Send a message via AIM to intheshallow

intheshallow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
What were they thinking with the ending? (Spoilers)

I was loving this game up until that point. It put you up against a couple of bosses and some mini-bosses. You'd think there would be something at the end. Hell, how about explain who the fuck even runs the Authority? Is it just one person? Is it maybe a massive computer? Someone or something has to be telling the Authority about the certain Arc causing havoc. But they must have gone in a meeting one day and said, meh fuck all that boss shit, let's just toss in Mutants with guns and call it a day. I stocked up on everything for the battle I was waiting for only to be let down in a BIG way. You should know damn well when the game is about to end. Not go, oh is that it? Well fuck, that sucked.

Currently Working On
:

On The Back Burner:

The Walking Dead: Season Two & Rayman 3: HD

Giving up On:
Trials: Evolution &
Ninja Gaiden II
intheshallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #2
STWWAT

STWWAT's Gamercard
Who runs teh authority? Well apparently it's this guy. General Martin Cross, otherwise known as the visionary: http://rage.wikia.com/wiki/Martin_Cross
STWWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:16 AM   #3
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah...the ending wasn't that good but I really like the game a lot. It's a keeper for me.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
The ending and the fact that you can't continue to play after the end grinded my gears. Good game outside of that though. Liked the Borderlands meets Fallout feeling it had. I rented it when it was released. Gonna buy it eventually and get some of the achievements I missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #5
combustible lemon

unsnaggedfive3's Gamercard
The ending was a complete fail-another similarity to borderlands then(although BL at least had the decency to put you up against a boss)
I was a bit put out by the whole second disc to be honest-the world was smaller, contained about 5 "dungeons" (which were some of the better ones though), fewer job board missions and fewer story missions.

id totally dropped the ball with the last level-for a start one of RAGE's greatest achievements was the quality of its world with no two parts feeling recycled yet here was a series of grey recycled corridors.
It was also ridiculously easy-so easy that I didn't use much of my "fun" ammo e.g.mind-control bolts, BFG rounds, pop-rockets, because I simply assumed things were going to really kick off at any moment and I would then need to use all this stuff.
but having no boss battle to send the game out in style was the biggest kicker-no giant authority mutant?
combustible lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
thisispreston

i never saw the end cos i thought the whole game sucked tbh, stopped playing after about 10 hrs. so the end was just the same as any other mutant battle in the game? that does sound like a let down, glad i didnt bother now! it cant be as big a let down as the end of Fable II, that was a joke!

thisispreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
bmakar83

bmakar83's Gamercard
Well they did have plans for a sequel right? Just not until they got the next Doom finished.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #8
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I personally thought the ending was fine. It wasnt the best, but it felt satisfying to me.

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
331 COMPLETED GAMES (116 WP / 84 360 / 32 W8 / 2 GFWL / 15 XB1 / 81 XBLA / 3 Other)

Check out my 125 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #9
falldown3

falldown3's Gamercard
Haha I still think its a great game but as far as the ending goes.... I guess thats why they call it Rage and thats what they wanted everyone to do. Just kidding but its still an overall fun game

All Call of Duty's Complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
falldown3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #10
lancehardy

LanceHardy's Gamercard
I just finished this and I went "Oh, that's it?" It was satisfying to see 5 achievements pop up for 200 gs...but that's about it.
lancehardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:18 AM   #11
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Yeah the final mission really sucked, especially after wandering around sewer town and hearing two guys talking about something "really that big?".

I spent all my cash stocking up on BFG ammo, used it once to see what it was like, then planned on saving the rest for the boss battle at the end of the game with what I assumed would be a giant mutant or something. Not that I really used many weapons throughout the whole game except my pistol and my shotgun... (and sniper rifle when forced to do so)

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #12
HellspawnRei

HellspawnRei's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Well the ending is a typical 'iD Software Ending'.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #13
Jobbenar

Jobbenar's Gamercard
I stopped playing as soon as the achievements popped, so i take it i didnt miss much?
Old 11-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
They should go back to Doom-style endings where it's a wall of text.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #15
Dark Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellspawnRei View Post
Well the ending is a typical 'iD Software Ending'.
I would typically agree, but Doom at least had a giant rocket-arm demon to contend with. Rage just had some monkeys with plasma guns. I loved this game, even though I had heard of the terrible ending beforehand. So, having that knowledge, the ending wasn't as big a letdown as for some of these other folks.

My only issue is, even if a sequel is planned, that is no excuse for a complete lack of closure or something big to shoot. You gave me lots of neat toys, and no one to use them on! Unforgivable.
Dark Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #16
Dark Ronin

@ Jet1337: They should go back to Doom-style endings where it's a wall of text.

LOL! Can you imagine the posts that would LITERALLY be on fire if they did that? With headings like "Text ending on a next gen game! What is this, ZORK?!?!"

Last edited by Dark Ronin; 12-20-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Dark Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #17
Certtz

Certtz's Gamercard
I hate to say it but it was probably the worst ending of a game that i ever encountered. But i still love the game. I just downloaded the DLC, so i hope it give us a better ending this time around.
Certtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #18
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet1337 View Post
They should go back to Doom-style endings where it's a wall of text.
I second this. Hell, they need to go back to Doom-style GAMES! Who cares about the general public, it's the true gamers who want to see gaming restored to fast-paced, level-clearing, key-finding, MAYHEM! Come on id, PLEASE I BEG YOU, do this for Doom 4!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:09 AM   #19
PsychicPsycho 0

PsychicPsycho 0's Gamercard
I thought the ending video was fine, but having no boss battle was lame, expecially, as someone else mentioned, after hearing a couple authority talking about seeing something big.

Although I guess if you played the Scorchers DLC last you get a bit of a finishing boss, although it's out of place with the rest of the story.
PsychicPsycho 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #20
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I loved this game and was extremely disappointed with the ending. Hell I even saw titles sayi how bad it was yet I thought it couldn't be that bad, but yet it was.
If they make a Rage 2 I will be cautious about buying it.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #21
Maximum Sawfish

maximum sawfish's Gamercard
Maybe that's why the ending so they can start where they left with rage 1 and continue into rage 2?
Maximum Sawfish is offline   Reply With Quote