PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rage > The Scorchers
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
Certtz

Certtz's Gamercard
Ultra Nightmare

Is it me or does the Ultra Nightmare difficulty seem fairly easy? I'm half way through the DLC and I haven't died yet. The enemies don't seem to be as strong as you would expect them to be. Either way, I'm loving the DLC content, especially the new weapon!
Certtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Leynat

Leynat's Gamercard
No it really doesnt seem much harder at all. You are certainly not able to take as much damage but that not a big problem really. It kinda feels like the races and time trials are a little tougher but i'm probably just out of practice.
Leynat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Normal combat is definitely no different (hardly) than Nightmare. Near the end of the game I was calling it Ultra Easy. Only died a couple times from stupid crap, but nothing that caused me to get stuck.

Races on the other hand...
Old 12-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Is there a way to start Ultra with all your previous gear? All your bullets and cash? If you finished it on Nightmare already. I don't mind going through this awesome game again, like Metro 2033, after a year, but from scratch, meh.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
Tonic24k

Tonic24k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis View Post
Is there a way to start Ultra with all your previous gear? All your bullets and cash? If you finished it on Nightmare already. I don't mind going through this awesome game again, like Metro 2033, after a year, but from scratch, meh.
I was just wondering this, myself. I wouldn't mind at all if it was New Game+.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonic24k View Post
I was just wondering this, myself. I wouldn't mind at all if it was New Game+.
Sadly there is no new game plus, so you must start from scratch. Good news is you can skip a lot of crap and just blast through the main missions.

Money shouldn't be any real problem and just make sure to keep high stock of bandages and good ammo types (like fatboys).

It's a lot easier than it sounds.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
Skorpion XBA
さそり XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Sadly there is no new game plus, so you must start from scratch. Good news is you can skip a lot of crap and just blast through the main missions.

Money shouldn't be any real problem and just make sure to keep high stock of bandages and good ammo types (like fatboys).

It's a lot easier than it sounds.
So you can get the achievements through mission select?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #8
Nevander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Ravisher View Post
So you can get the achievements through mission select?
Not sure, I would just begin a new game to be safe.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Once you purchase the armor upgrades from the vendors the game becomes way too easy. I personally thought the end of the game would be the hardest (because of all the enemies) but I completely forgot that the Resistance gives you the extremely powerful Authority Pulse Cannon. Plus, ammunition is very plentiful throughout the last mission.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #10
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
i dont want to start a new thread so ill stick this here, but do i need to complete the scorchers missions on ultra nightmare for the ultra nightmare achievement? or just the main original game missions? i cant beat the final boss, so ill come back and do it on easy if i dont need these missions done for the ultra nightmare achievement.

EDIT: so i finished the game, on ultra nightmare WITHOUT finishing the scorchers questline and i got the achievement, so you dont need to finish the scorchers on ultra nightmare then, just the original game. ill leave this here as confirmation for anyone else.

Last edited by Scotty; 01-26-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote