PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Bully: Scholarship Edition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-14-2012, 01:43 AM   #1
Thorpe

A Place for Us's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Bully somewhat of a rarity on disc?

I notice on places like Amazon and eBay, Bully on Xbox 360 costs like 20-30 here used for some time now. Did they not press many discs or something? I know it's on Marketplace for 20 (I think?) but still, many of us here probably opt to either rent or buy a game cheap used that has been out for some time.

I rented this originally in 2008, got my copy the following year and so I'm good. Just didn't come with a manual (only a map). Bah.

Oh, and this game loads super fast when installed.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
iBuzz7S

Why So Jealous's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
I think it is. When I went to trade it in at EB Games, the guy told me they have sold 2-3 pre-owned copies in the last 5-6 months. Either not many people have it, or they do and they don't trade it in.

I think it became more rare as time went on. It's a Rockstar game, so you know you are going to enjoy it one way or another.
iBuzz7S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
Thorpe

A Place for Us's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Hmm, yeah but being a Rockstar Games title, I just think it would have more copies available. Oh and I don't even think it is on Marketplace now. Sure it was a while back.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
Whiteboy6155

Whiteboy6155's Gamercard
I called up EB games about a month ago and said in all of their stores across WA they have 1 copy... I agree with iBuzz7s People are attached to this game for a reason
Whiteboy6155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
matthewh00

Matthewh00's Gamercard
This was the problem when I wanted to play this game for Xbox 360.
Was cheaper to buy on Games on Demand than it was to buy a disc version 2nd hand.
14.99 on GoD, about 20 second hand on Amazon, Play.com etc.
Was thinking about renting it, but it was always reserved on Lovefilm at the time, so bought it from GoD.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #6
Corrupt.
̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(◕_◕)=ε/̵͇̿̿

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Staff - Guide Team   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Community Gaming - Gold   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
I found this also. Bit the bullet in the end and paid 18 for it. Not played it since I picked it back up yet though. It's on my to do list, near the top too though so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I'm 50 shades of retarded
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
dellboy81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
I found this also. Bit the bullet in the end and paid 18 for it. Not played it since I picked it back up yet though. It's on my to do list, near the top too though so.
oh dear - its only 8.99 to download right now - surprised its not been mentioned in here!

i have the disc - the game has been hard to find at least in the UK for more than just a few months - try a few years!

the last time i sold mine i got around 25 for it and that was in 2010 - i bought it back earlier this year from zoverstocks (music magpie sales) for 16 i think it was and thats a really good price. im half thinking of selling it and just downloading it as its not a game id ever regret owning that way. the only problem is, no manual and no map with the online, and i doubt anyone buying the physical copy will be happy with game and case only.

ill probably just stick to the disc edition - really should play it again, i originally bought bully on ps2 and never touched it. then i rented it for the Wii when it came out and i spent ages on it before returning it when the game got tough for me late on. im sure id be better at it now, but when i played on 360 i recall having a hard time with early boss fights and maybe i just wasnt used to the controls.

its a great game and anyway you get it, its money well spent. infact i just realised i have it on Wii as well which i picked up when Game went bust for 3 - a fair difference to the xbox price!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellboy81 View Post
oh dear - its only 8.99 to download right now - surprised its not been mentioned in here!

i have the disc - the game has been hard to find at least in the UK for more than just a few months - try a few years!

the last time i sold mine i got around 25 for it and that was in 2010 - i bought it back earlier this year from zoverstocks (music magpie sales) for 16 i think it was and thats a really good price. im half thinking of selling it and just downloading it as its not a game id ever regret owning that way. the only problem is, no manual and no map with the online, and i doubt anyone buying the physical copy will be happy with game and case only.

ill probably just stick to the disc edition - really should play it again, i originally bought bully on ps2 and never touched it. then i rented it for the Wii when it came out and i spent ages on it before returning it when the game got tough for me late on. im sure id be better at it now, but when i played on 360 i recall having a hard time with early boss fights and maybe i just wasnt used to the controls.

its a great game and anyway you get it, its money well spent. infact i just realised i have it on Wii as well which i picked up when Game went bust for 3 - a fair difference to the xbox price!
You can always just download a pdf of the map somewhere. But yeah, this game was a lot of fun to play outside of the mini games.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
BL4Z1NGBULL3T

Send a message via Skype™ to BL4Z1NGBULL3T

BL4Z1NG BULL3T's Gamercard
It seems to be, indeed. I searched for it too but the cheapest one i could find was 35 fucking euros!!! I mean, that's just ridicilous man...
BL4Z1NGBULL3T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #10
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
I remember trading my disc into CEX and they offered me 18 cash for it, they were selling it for 35 used. But I rarely see it in stores nowadays.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #11
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I managed to score a copy back in 2011 for about $15 and it ended up becoming my second favorite Rockstar game after Red Dead Redemption.

The only reason I traded it was because the copy I picked up initially didn't have the map, and I found one that did, so I traded up.

Other than that, this game stays in my collection.

I'm convinced I'm not alone, so that's probably why it's getting rather expensive.

Also, it seems that GameStop, at least, have hired someone who seems to know something about demand and rarity of certain games. But I dunno, they're still charging $35+ for a used copy of L4D2, so...
Old 04-15-2013, 01:14 AM   #12
Fluttershy

vReneigh's Gamercard
I own Bully on Disc on every system it was released for, I found it quiet easily in New South Whales.
Also, If you've never touched this game, do it.
You will love every second.
(It's my favorite game ever).
Fluttershy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #13
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
I've seen it quiet frequently as of late, cheapest i've come across is 7.99 in a pawn brokers called Cash Solutions. Didn't have enough money at the time or I would've picked it up for that price. Miss this game loads.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:45 AM   #14
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard
YES. Its such as awesome game not many people sell it.

I saw it from the 360 Marketplace for 10$ during last Christmas. Bought it fast alongside DR2 Case West.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #15
k2345

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Yeah could not find it anywhere today, it comes up as 11.99 on the GoD so chances are I may wait for it to go down a bit. One thing is certain, I will not buy it for 20 pre-owned from eBay

Inheritor Rank Achieved 14/01/12

k2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
DCFC Liamm

DCFC Liamm 08's Gamercard
Finally got round to completing mine a few months ago, went to trade it in and even though it wasn't in the best of condition (comes with having a younger brother who just leaves disks lying all over the place ) they still offered me 15 for it... went back into the store a few days later and they wanted nearly 20 for it! Since then the lowest i have seen is probably around 12ish.

Guess there just aren't many copies of it floating around.....

(shame really cause i quite enjoyed it...)
DCFC Liamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:54 AM   #17
Sterner Stuff

Sterner Stuff's Gamercard
Yeah, I've been trying to play this game for maybe 6+ months, but the price has always been ridiculously high considering how old it is. For instance, it's $59.99 new on Amazon right now, or $20 for a used copy.

When I happened to notice it was only $3.75 on demand this week, I bought it almost immediately. That seems like a much more reasonable price.
Sterner Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #18
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just started playing it today after picking it up on sale for 2.99. Forgot just how much fun it was. Last played it 6 years ago, before I even knew much about achievements. Will go for the 1000g, but I'll more than likely enjoy the game first and foremost. One of the most fun games I've played. Throwing stink bombs and marbles at people is pure juvenile fun.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote