PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead > Episode 5: No Time Left
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #61
Plasen0

Plaseno's Gamercard
You know, I feel bad for people who don't play videogames or even think they're only for kids. They'll never experience this fantastic story...
Plasen0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #62
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
One of my least favorite game/story endings ever. I see many will like it but it does nothing good for me.
I might avoid chapter two based on the way they ended this story.
Need to see where Clem is first.

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #63
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxc3 View Post
One of my least favorite game/story endings ever. I see many will like it but it does nothing good for me.
I might avoid chapter two based on the way they ended this story.
Need to see where Clem is first.
what kind of ending were you expecting?
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #64
Redemption Mode

Makaveli x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
All I can say is... WOW!

Old 11-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #65
Ctrl Alt Defeat

CtrI Alt Defeat's Gamercard
I was on the verge of manly tears when Clem was whimpering trying to get Lee to wake up. I don't think a game have ever gotten me this emotionally attached to characters before.

11.11.14 Halo 2 is back baby<3
Ctrl Alt Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #66
Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi634's Gamercard
I was pretty mad at Kenny for what he did. Ben was a goner, we should have used the last bullet to end his life mercifully then both climbed back up. There was absolutely no reason for Kenny to sacrifice the last able-bodied member of the group when Ben was going to die no matter what.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #67
TheLegendOf1977

TheLegendOf1977's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuukishi View Post
I was pretty mad at Kenny for what he did. Ben was a goner, we should have used the last bullet to end his life mercifully then both climbed back up. There was absolutely no reason for Kenny to sacrifice the last able-bodied member of the group when Ben was going to die no matter what.
Thats what i thought at first. But after all that happened in EP 4 it was clear that Kenny had pretty much lost the will to live... You could even see it in his face, the way he was drawn in EP 5. I think the finale had the best facial animations/expressions so far, from Kenny's hopelessness to Clems fear of losing you and Lee's slow change to a walker. Simply brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
Do your civic duty and don't play multiplayer in games where it doesn't really belong. Problem solved.

Last edited by TheLegendOf1977; 11-26-2012 at 05:33 PM.
TheLegendOf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #68
Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi634's Gamercard
Agreed, but even if Kenny was dead set on sacrificing himself, he could have picked a more useful time to do it.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #69
OO111111

OO111111's Gamercard
Did anyone here not take supplies from the station wagon? I'm really wondering if that has a significant effect on who the stranger is or if there's a stranger at all.

OO111111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #70
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OO111111 View Post
Did anyone here not take supplies from the station wagon? I'm really wondering if that has a significant effect on who the stranger is or if there's a stranger at all.
i didn't and it doesn't
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #71
nicky6314

Tiffee6314's Gamercard
Quote:
Not a huge difference, he still blames you because your group took the supplies.

Currently Playing - Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Dishonored
nicky6314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #72
KuShNsTieN
Banned User

KuShNsTieN's Gamercard
It sucked Lee died in general, he is one of my top 5 favorite characters in games. I cant wait for season two though.. and im guessing those two people in the distance was Omid and Christa.
KuShNsTieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #73
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
It was a sad but still an amazing ending to an even better series so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Força Portugal - Mundial 2014 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Starkweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #74
Dps120390

dps120390's Gamercard
I have to say ive never seen the walking dead show (its sad) but from what people tell me the show has the idea of killing of many important characters.... i was hoping lee would survive, but once he got bit i was like s#!T I wish the ending could have been different with Lee surviving but maybe his death plays a huge role in the next season. maybe he comes back as a walker if you didnt chain him down or shot him. but still one of the best games ive ever played on XBLA
Dps120390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #75
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Finally finished this. I must say, it was really enjoyable. I'd assume those people in the distance was Omid and Christa too. I swear theres something fishy between those 2 though.They had an interest in her from when they first met and hinted twice about wanting to take care of her when Lee dies. Can't wait for Season 2!
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #76
Sgt Scyther

Sgt Scyther's Gamercard
Cut off Lee's arm.
Reacted violently with Kenny.
Kenny sacrificed himself to save Ben.
Didn't kill the stranger (though I tried). Clem shot him.
Made sure Lee didn't turn and had Clem shoot him.
Cried.

The thing at the end is neither choice really seems right. You either have Clementine shoot her best friend to prevent him from turning or leave Lee to die and become a walker. I decided to go with the former option for several reasons:

1) In my original playthough I played Lee as if he were me and what choices I would make in such a situation. If I were bit and moments from death, I'd rather be shot in the head to prevent reanimation.
2) I care about Lee and didn't want him to turn.
3) Clementine is entering a violent and horrible world all by herself and may need to be prepared for unspeakable horrors. That includes shooting those that she loves.
4) I feel like if Clem didn't shoot Lee the thought of him being back there, chained to a radiator as a walker, would linger in the back of her mind forever. At least this way she knows what happened. Lee is gone and he won't be coming back.

Last Completed Retail: BioShock Infinite
Last Completed Arcade: Sonic the Fighters
Nothing personal, but I do not accept random friend requests.
Sgt Scyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #77
Schism

Schism Octopus's Gamercard

I liked the ending, and to be honest I would rather the second season not even focus on Clementine. She is lost at the end, finds two people off in the distance who find her, and the rest is left up to the player to think over. Good way to end it, sort of like the movie Inception. I would however like to see maybe a better choice of endings? All the choices no matter what seem to lead to the same conclusion with clementine, but it would be nice to have some different endings like Heavy Rain. Cant wait to see how these choices effect the new season, the stranger in this last chapter really caught me by surprise.

Last edited by Schism; 12-10-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Schism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #78
NightTimeScene
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to NightTimeScene

HoodieWeather's Gamercard
man was I in tears, yeah Im a pussy.. but yeah had clem walk away from me. had her kill the guy in chair, ken died along with ben. made the girl and boy the parents of clem now.
NightTimeScene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #79
E10phoenix

darkphoenix1992's Gamercard
Just finished it and found myself on the verge of tears. You don't get stories this good often and when we do, they really hit hard!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #80
lukemadtv

lukemadtv's Gamercard
I hope that we get to see Molly again in the second game. I'm gonna pretend she was one of the two figures.

Last edited by lukemadtv; 12-18-2012 at 08:57 PM.
lukemadtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #81
MaicoWin

MaicoWin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
My ending also had Clem in the field looking out into the distance at two figures who turned to spot her. I told Omid and Christa to look for us as soon as they got down from the building, and I told all of them to keep to the country side and stay out of the cities.

Fantastic story, even if your choices didn't mean fuck all at the end, despite the whole advertising that your choice matters. It would've been awesome if the game let me leave with Lilly and take us to a whole new setting and entirely different ending.

Equation to discern noobs: "Skill ∝ Whining of difficulties and multiplayer achievements ^ Completion %"
MaicoWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:03 AM   #82
STILLBORN

DRxROCKSO's Gamercard
Does anyone else think at the end cutscene, Clementine is back at Hershel's farm and is watching the fight between Rick and Shane?
STILLBORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #83
Warpath Lord

Warpath Lord's Gamercard
Damn, that story was just a masterpiece. Hardly any game/movie/book/whatever has ever gotten to me so emotionally.

Pretty disapointed that Kenny sacrificed himself for actually nothing, Ben was going to die anyway, shoot him in the head and let's get the fuck out of her.

On one hand it sucks that, no matter what you did, the ending is the same. But on the other hand, if they were many different endings, there would be no real ending for this story and it wouldn't be as intense as it had been.

Hopefully the two people in the distance are Omid and Krista.

Can't wait for Season 2.

Last edited by Warpath Lord; 01-03-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Warpath Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #84
Aaron15

L AZZAA L's Gamercard
When you see the two people in the distance, one turns back to the other and Clementines faces changes as if they done something?
Aaron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #85
Warpath Lord

Warpath Lord's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron15 View Post
When you see the two people in the distance, one turns back to the other and Clementines faces changes as if they done something?
Yeah, her look was very disturbed/scared/uncertain. Hard to interprate what could have happened or why her faces changes.
Warpath Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #86
RocketHarmony

PakoRawr's Gamercard
Amazing ending, I just finished it and wow... just wow. It really made me sad, I almost cried. I think it's one of the best "closures" I've seen in a game.

Dream on until Your dreams come true.
Looking to boost: Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Injustice, Halo: Reach, Gears Of War Judgment. (Add me: PakoRawr)
RocketHarmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:15 AM   #87
FeatherbottomMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketHarmony View Post
Amazing ending, I just finished it and wow... just wow. It really made me sad, I almost cried. I think it's one of the best "closures" I've seen in a game.
I am with you at the end of the game also. I thought it was a great ending and I got sad when they were both talking to each other...
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:01 AM   #88
herbortamus

herbortamus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
This is the main problem I have with the story. Leading up to the reveal, I was very intrigued to find out who the person on the other end of the walkie talkie was. It was a disappointment to find out it was the guy who's car my friends had stolen from.

First of all, I didn't take any of the supplies.

Second, how was this guy doing so well? He made his way to Savannah just as fast (if not faster) than my group and we took a damn TRAIN. It seams as though he made it there first because he is already well acquainted with the purpose of the bells and knows how to quickly move about the city.

Third, how did he get a walkie talkie with which to communicate with Clem? This may just be my ignorance about walkie talkies. Do you need a matching one or can you buy them separately and tune them to the same frequency?

I am able to accept the occurrence of the zombie apocalypse over how fast this guy made it to Savannah.

Last edited by herbortamus; 01-06-2013 at 05:04 AM.
herbortamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #89
JaxTH

jaxth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbortamus View Post
Do you need a matching one or can you buy them separately and tune them to the same frequency?
I've listened to the convos of helicopter pilots and taxi drivers with a lone walkie talkie. Just have to search for a frequency.

Friggin SEGA fanboy FOR LIFE!!!

My Achievement Guides & Roadmaps:

Retail
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Arcade
Space Channel 5: Part 2 Sonic CD Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 NiGHTS Into Dreams... Sonic the Fighters
JaxTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #90
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I did not cut Lee's arm off. I just knew Lee wasn't going to make it out of the story (no, I did not know how the end would go), so I figured it'd be a little easier with two hands.

I dunno if this happens in the version where you do cut it off, but Lee will have occasional blackouts. One while climbing the ladder with Kenny and almost falling.

I sent Lee across the sign first and when he goes into zombie-chopping mode, with the bitten arm he picks up a broken shard of glass as his second weapon (although Lee performs no double-kills, unfortunately). He even looks at the bite on his wrist and squeezes the glass shard in anger until it cuts his hand.

In my version of the game, Clem shoots and kills the stranger after Lee has a scuffle with him. I was pretty shocked by that, considering that makes sweet little Clementine a murderer.

He has another blackout with Clementine when she sees her folks in the horde they're trying to sneak through and Clem somehow gets him into the room where the game ends. I dunno if this happens differently if you cut off Lee's arm.

And I think what's happening with Clem after the credits is that she is totally uncertain as to whether or not she should go check out the people on the hill. It's the total inner conflict of deciding whether or not to reach out to the figures as they could be friends, enemies or walkers...

It reminds me a greatly of the decision The Boy has to make at the end of The Road.