PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4 > Spartan Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #61
DraukaSpider

Awesome thread, tons of helpful info, couple of things I found though are there are 7 Ghosts not 5 in Ep1 Ch1, the first lonely one before you get to the first Wraith, then if you circle back and to get the first mission objective (1/4 generators I think they are) there are 2 more Ghosts,(you may need to be quick to get these as the Marines may take them out before you can, 2 more Ghosts after the second Wraith drop and 2 more after you get all the generators after the third Wraith drop, also I found a somewhat easy (though time consuming) method for the Wheelman Commendation was in Ep3 Ch4 (Shootout at Valhalla) after activating only ONE of the three turrets (which I always destroy right after activating for some reason [I just don't like them]) kill all enemies except for one Elite (make sure it's an Elite) then find a good area where you can park a Ghost between the two of you and bait him into either hi-jacking you (to which you promptly RE hi-jack him back) or get out let him take the Ghost and you hi-jack it from him, don't shoot at him let him run off a ways and recharge his shields then rinse and repeat as much as you like, each hi-jack counts towards Wheelman, I only do it this way because I solo (without another controller and so have to use the hi-jack method) like I said it's time consuming so have a laptop or another tv close by to half watch or do something else while "YOINKING" your Ghost back, I did this for like an hour and netted about 100 jacks (only 150 more before Mastery) plus you're already in the level to grab those much needed Hunter Slayer kills

Hope this helps some
DraukaSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #62
Jirachi

Jirachi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeNooTs View Post
just a bit of clarification on this, think I wasn't clear maybe
so I kill a few guys will I have to press start and end mission and go back into it?
Or can I kill some guys, press start and go to restart mission ?

sry
Just select restart mission.
Jirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #63
DraukaSpider

Just noticed in Ep3 Ch1 (The VIP) there is a Grunt Ultra with a Fuel Rod Cannon right at the beginning of the level so he can be farmed over and over like the Crawler Sniper in Ep1 Ch3 (The Challenge), if you Jet Pack up onto the rock right in front of you when you spawn then look to your left under what I have dubbed Pride Rocks 1 & 2 he is usually under the left Pride Rock, he can be your first and only enemy if you wish then restart the level rinsing and repeating
Old 12-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #64
Hishoa

Silly question, but is it possible to bypass the minute-long cutscene at the beginning of a chapter? Hearing the same dialogue again and again is mind-numbing.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #65
Kemaleon

Kemaleon's Gamercard
Haven't found a way to skip the opening scenes yet, they're probably there to aid loading.

Oh and for what the other guy said about Ghosts, it's probably worth mentioning in the first few posts that these counts are to be used as guides not exact figures. I've rinsed these levels enough to know that you don't always get the same every time.

I've probably played Hunting Trip (3-5?) the most as it has the best overall spread of Covie enemies (recommended if you're just starting). After playing it a shed-load of times I fired it up again, prepared for the usual routine, when within seconds of the game starting I was slashed by a sword wielding Elite! Not the Zealot guarding Spag-bol (Parg-vol) either.

Bit of a shock, only seem him three times in the many I've abused this level.
Kemaleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #66
DraukaSpider

I see him EVERYTIME (even with his crappy active camo) I usually grab a fuel rod cannon from the ultra grunts early on and save it just for him, I hate invsy elites with swords, they're just a nusance, but he must lke my gift of fuel rod cause he keeps coming back again and again (each time I reload the level)
Old 12-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #67
TheyCallMeNooTs

Fondle v Corpse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachi View Post
Just select restart mission.
Thanks a bunch !
Old 12-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #68
Kemaleon

Kemaleon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraukaSpider View Post
I see him EVERYTIME (even with his crappy active camo)

No not the Zealot, a different one. Dark blue/black Captain armour no active-camo but with a sword. Right at the beginning of the level that's why it was such a surprise!

Any tips for this 5-1 farming? I get around 180 per go but seem to die quite a lot! What's your routines?
Old 12-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #69
DraukaSpider

I myself haven't played much of Ep 5, just the once through to get the achievement for completing the first 5 Eps, tried the first Ch one more time after that and like you I seemed to recall dying A LOT, stupid crawlers swarming me but I did see lots of opportunity for farming Battlewagons and a few Commanders
Old 12-15-2012, 01:41 AM   #70
rknb117

Rknb117's Gamercard
5-5 is the best chapter for ghosts, wraiths and hunters.
You'll get some other enemies in there, but from memory there's about 10 ghosts and 6 wraiths?

I'd have had covie destoryer by now except I think the commendation is broken for zealot slayer. Everytime I kill a zealot, nothing, but if I kill a ranger it'll count. Anyone else having this problem?
rknb117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #71
DMRoberts

DMRoberts's Gamercard
Here's my results from 5:4 The Cauldron Base

8 minutes (plus the cut-scene at the start)

Roughly 3000 exp

Grunt Slayer - 60
Grunt Imperial Slayer - 35

Elite Slayer - 10
Elite Zealot Slayer - 6
Elite Officer Slayer - 6
Elite General Slayer - 1

Hunter Slayer - 2

This is a fairly easy stage, especially on Easy. Just grab the Mantis and park yourself where you have a good view of all three drop zones (left, right, and center) and just blast away as they're coming up.

Last edited by DMRoberts; 12-15-2012 at 06:11 PM.
DMRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:56 AM   #72
JackAzzMcTittles

JackAzMcTittles's Gamercard
when will chapter 5 stats be up?
JackAzzMcTittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #73
ReputedirtyG

Reputedirtyg's Gamercard
Grunt Ultra

Anyone have a good solution for farming these?
ReputedirtyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #74
Kemaleon

Kemaleon's Gamercard
V.I.P or Hunting Trip are about your best options, and start doing them now! When I'd killed everything else I still had 100 Ultras and over 500 Jackals to kill.

Keep it Easy for Hunting Trip, you'll get a good few others from it too. For V.I.P I recommend Normal or Heroic to help increase the Ultra numbers.

Until we get new SpOps there are no easy Ultra solutions, unless you want to keep restarting V.I.P after killing the first one on the left. But you won't get much xp that way and if you still need other enemies its a little wasteful.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #75
firehazardcs

firehazardcs's Gamercard
I just played Episode 2, Chapter 5, Gagarin twice and only came across 8 watchers (not 9) both times.

Last edited by firehazardcs; 12-18-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Accidentally a word.
firehazardcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:19 AM   #76
Kemaleon

Kemaleon's Gamercard
Like I said before, these figures should be used as a rough guide only, actual enemy counts may vary. There seems to be some random factors involved in the spawns.

@Clueless: I think you may have to add a disclaimer!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:42 AM   #77
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemaleon View Post
Like I said before, these figures should be used as a rough guide only, actual enemy counts may vary. There seems to be some random factors involved in the spawns.

Most likely difficulty.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:53 AM   #78
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemaleon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
Most likely difficulty.
Nah, it's probably not the difficulty, as Clueless used Easy for these numbers, and 2 games back to back of Shootout in Valhalla on Easy produced very different counts for grunts for me. I wasn't paying attention to the other enemy type, but I barely saw any grunts the first time through, and saw a lot more the second time. Neither time, however, did I see the 40+ that this shows. The Hunter count was dead on both times though.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #79
Kemaleon

Kemaleon's Gamercard
If you're rinsing "Shootout in Valhala" then I recommend not activating the guns until nothing else shows up, one at a time. And when you do turn them on, shoot them straight away until they shut down again. They will only steal your kills.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #80
wesleyrhenry

theschnitzelman's Gamercard
Spreadsheet of the enemy amounts

Made a chart finally and this should help. Be aware that it changes from game to game and it was all done on easy.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...6A316F7935!217
wesleyrhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:16 PM   #81
Kemaleon

Kemaleon's Gamercard
I see that in the Waypoint forums, good job!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #82
Batou67

Batou667's Gamercard
Fantastic thread.

How do the enemies change on other difficulty levels, say Heroic? Has anybody started statting that? If nobody's done that yet I might have a go at it.
Batou67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #83
Kemaleon

Kemaleon's Gamercard
Go for it, the only reason we have Easy on here is that it's a thread to help with completing the commendations. And as the XP gained is barely affected and you will have to play some levels repeatedly and as quick as possible then it just makes more sense to do them on Easy.

You get all enemy variants on Easy, and the ones you will need most are the basic infantry Grunts and Jackals*. If you do them on higher difficulty levels you are less likely to get infantry.

*The main exception here is Grunt Ultras, they are quite rare and worth bumping up the difficulty every now and then. Especially on V.I.P.

But Normal, Heroic and even Legendary counts can't hurt. I honestly wouldn't bother counting Elites, I completed all the Elite master commendations without even trying. At the very least count Grunt Ultras, Jackals, Jackal Majors, Knight Captains and Crawler Snipers. . I found these hardest to come by. Aim for them and the rest will follow.

I've been a bit SpOpsed out these last few days, it's not as much fun whoring Promethians than it was the Covies.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #84
Guilty Trace

Guilty Trace's Gamercard
I was marveling at the incredible number of Grunts and Jackals a player would have to kill in SpOps to master the aforementioned commendations - but then I realized that for the Covenant Destroyer commendation, you don't need regular Grunts or Jackals. My intent for this post is to consolidate hints, tips and enemy numbers for ease of access.

For Covenant Destroyer, these are the best levels strictly by the numbers: E3C5, E5C5, E3C1, E4C3 (for Jackal Majors) and E5C4 (for Grunt Imperial).

Forerunner Destroyer, on the other hand, requires all 7 enemy variants. The best level for the Prometheans is E5C1. To make the most of it, allow the Watchers to summon/resurrect as much as they can before destroying them. Usually, that entails summoning one batch of Crawlers and/or resurrecting one Knight. Sometimes I've seen a Watcher bring back two different Knights, but eventually they run out of Phoenix Downs and they'll focus their attention on the player. Also, E2C5/Gagarin is the best option for regular ol' Crawlers.

Try different things to make the most of the chapter. In E3C4, I've racked up 188 Covie kills by holding off on activating the turrets until the current wave of enemies was exhausted. As soon as you activate a turret, destroy it so it doesn't steal your kills and wait until the Phantoms and Drop Pods stop appearing before moving on to the next one.

In E5C4, I always stomp the Marines with the Mantis so they don't steal a kill or two while I'm distracted, shooting at another group.

The Excel spreadsheet posted on this page is an awesome tool. Props to the creator for taking the time to create it.

And difficulty doesn't affect anything, as far as I can tell. I launch every chapter on Easy and rack up the same number of kills every time - which is all that matters. Good luck and (try to) be patient. It's a long climb...

Last edited by Guilty Trace; 12-30-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Guilty Trace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:07 AM   #85
odie601

DEMON512's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
You should probably note that for the Wheelman commendation, driving around NPC's on the turret doesn't apply (at least from my experience). So you'll have to start up a non-Matchmaking Spartan Ops match with a buddy.
Do Shoot Out In Vahalla, clean out the first waves and DO NOT activate the turrets. Leave one Elite alive, and let him board your ghost and then Hi-jack it back. I completed the Wheelman Mastery using only Sparton Ops. Make sure his health is full before your next try, otherwise he will die. I used the creek and parked my Ghost sideways, so I could Hi-jack faster.
odie601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:21 AM   #86
JackAzzMcTittles

Question: is anybody else unable to find randoms through Spartan ops matchmaking? for me, it sits in an endless search. what i do to get around ths is signin a guest & then log them out right before the match starts.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:34 AM   #87
Guilty Trace

Guilty Trace's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAzzMcTittles View Post
Question: is anybody else unable to find randoms through Spartan ops matchmaking? for me, it sits in an endless search. what i do to get around ths is signin a guest & then log them out right before the match starts.
Never had any problems with SpOps or matchmaking altogether, aside from the "Your NAT is moderate" warnings (which I have since rectified). If you have that problem, add your Xbox's IP address and the proper ports to your router. Other than that, the only telltale sign I'm gonna have a bad time in SpOps matchmaking is if the players in a chapter is under 1000. There's always one chapter with 2000+ players - and that is where I usually go to rake in the XP.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:39 AM   #88
Guilty Trace

Guilty Trace's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by odie601 View Post
Do Shoot Out In Vahalla, clean out the first waves and DO NOT activate the turrets. Leave one Elite alive, and let him board your ghost and then Hi-jack it back. I completed the Wheelman Mastery using only Sparton Ops. Make sure his health is full before your next try, otherwise he will die. I used the creek and parked my Ghost sideways, so I could Hi-jack faster.
^ This. Goofing around, I got 8 hi-jacks in a minute or so. I could have sworn I did more than that, but maybe I was double-counting and factoring in the times I was getting hi-jacked.

Wheelman Master will at least unlock an armor variant for you. I was racking up assassinations on E1C2 for 'Backstab' and it appears you don't get diddly-squat for that one... aside from the XP, of course.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:41 AM   #89
JackAzzMcTittles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty Trace View Post
Never had any problems with SpOps or matchmaking altogether, aside from the "Your NAT is moderate" warnings (which I have since rectified). If you have that problem, add your Xbox's IP address and the proper ports to your router. Other than that, the only telltale sign I'm gonna have a bad time in SpOps matchmaking is if the players in a chapter is under 1000. There's always one chapter with 2000+ players - and that is where I usually go to rake in the XP.
I generally don't have problems with war games, other than occasional lag. however,my NAT type is always moderate
Old 12-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #90
Guilty Trace

Guilty Trace's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAzzMcTittles View Post
I generally don't have problems with war games, other than occasional lag. however,my NAT type is always moderate
They say a moderate NAT could possibly limit your ability to play with other people. I opened mine just to see if I could avoid any additional issues, but I've experiences the saame, in that War Games is usually lag free. Spartan Ops, for some reason, will suffer near debilitating lag every other few matches. Random people out there with crap internet, I suppose...