PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Skylanders Giants
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #121
legendaryjman

Legendary J Man's Gamercard
What I'm curious about is that they have not had ANY rumors about level packs.

Considering that the last game had for (fire, water, undead, and earth) it would make sense to have 4 more come out with Giants (magic, tech, air and life)

Spyro would be a perfect character to release with a magic adventure pack (that is what my money is on)

Problem is, currently they don't really have enough skylanders left to make exclusive adventure packs ... unless they repeat elements.

Drobot (regular) *could* be released with a tech adventure pack.
Jet-Vac *could* be released with an air adventure pack.

But there have already been lightcore versions of them released, and there is noone left from life that isn't available already.

I like collecting figures, but I wont lie, I'm a little sad that we have 2 battle packs and no adventure packs. Items are fun and all (and I will be getting the scorpion pack) but I want me some more levels!
legendaryjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #122
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You can use the Adventure packs from the first game to unlock the levels in the second game as well.

EmporerDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #123
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Adventure Packs came out for the first Skylanders game

Battle Packs for Giants

I believe they announced this months ago
Lord Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #124
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnarf86 View Post
So has everyone been finding their Skylanders Wave 3 easily? A few things obviously didn't come out and people are wondering what happened. The long story, short. Speculation and heresay from people running around reporting false things about what they'd heard.

Also with this release and the figures in it, it will bring SKYLANDERS GIANTS to a grand total of FIVE WAVES released. The list on the front page will be updated with all the info of WAVE 3 by tomorrow. WAVE 4 looks poised for February due to the dates given for the catapult pack.

EDIT:
Pictures updates on front page, WAVE 5 space added. As I'm aware the only two VARIANT pictures missing are:

Silver Hot Head
White Glitter Sprocket

If you have pictures you're willing to send, please do.

We are missing 16 characters with thier variants so there might be more than 5 waves.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:44 AM   #125
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Are there any plans for a Dark Spyro 2?
Old 12-31-2012, 04:50 AM   #126
caseysrodeo13

Went to my local gamestop today to buy a new Batman Arkyum city game, first game died....any way they had the first of wave 3 on their pegs. LightningRod, eruptor, cynder, prism break, and stealth elf....no signs of lite core shroom boom, the GM said that they havent seen the lite core shroom boom yet and that they considered the new wave 3 characters as just add ons regular. The manager didnt know they were reposes from last year. Any way thought I'd keep everyone up to date. Also in sharing the scorpions pack is still set to release on January 9th, 2013......

Happy Hunting to all........
caseysrodeo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #127
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard

First their website says the 1st, then they change it to the 9th and now their ad says the 11th. Who knows when the battle pack will come out.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #128
Higginjoe

Higginjoe's Gamercard
I was just about to mention that. I think I'll have to start telling people that pack comes out "sometime this year, probably". That'll go over well.
Higginjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #129
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
So my parents take my 5 year old son to Gamestop in the mall today and the guy tells him that Hot Dog, Ninjini, Thumpback and Eye-Brawl all come out on the 9th. Thanks a lot clueless Gamestop employee for getting my son all excited for nothing! Now I will have to explain to him a few times that the guy lied and it is just Hot Dog.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:11 AM   #130
caseysrodeo13

I spoke with Gm of the gamestop I visit and he reassured me that the scorpion pack will b released on the 9th and not the 11th,......hope he knows what he' talking about. He's been with gamestop for about 7 years.......Here's hopin........
Old 01-04-2013, 06:01 AM   #131
Higginjoe

Higginjoe's Gamercard
I read that while the ad says the 11th, the page of the site it goes to still says the 9th. I didn't confirm this for myself, but I saw it on another big Skylanders site. So it might be the 9th, might be the 11th. Guess we'll see on the 9th.

I never promise anyone when new Skylanders come out unless I have reference-able proof. Like with the last batch, I could show people our instructions to put out the Wave 3 Skylanders, which included exactly what we had: no more, no less. I knew for a fact S2 Eruptor, Stealth Elf, Prism Break, Lightning Rod and Cynder were coming and when (albeit only a week or two in advance). I am coming to dislike these employees of anywhere who are saying Skylander X or Y is coming out, because then all of us look stupid for not having these Skylanders or knowing anything about what the person lied about. It doesn't help that people cling to any hope as truth and decide the honest employees are liars because we say a character isn't out yet. Granted, this mostly comes up with the "knowledgeable" customers who think they know everything just because they hunt relentlessly for Skylanders and "information". Spoiler alert: Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
/rant
Higginjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #132
Shery1975

I've noticed that Walmart.com now lists eyebrawl and thumpback but saying they are out of stock, could mean little to nothing but thought I'd throw it out there
Shery1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:09 AM   #133
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Seems like most websites are adding the next wave figures. Lightcore Chill and Hex plus Hot Dog, Eye Brawl and Thumpback. Figure February is the release like Gamestop says.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #134
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Well, now Gamestop's website has gone from the 1st, to the 8th, to the 11th and now to the 10th. Called them here in Texas and they said tomorrow. Who knows what to believe anymore!

Edit: Called them today the 10th and they said they will be getting them in around noon. We shall see.

Edit 2: Just got off the phone and Gamestop said the 11th, go figure!

Last edited by Lord Dirt; 01-10-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #135
Pawneezr

Same here in Florida. Went into Game Stop this morning, The guy told me the delivery is anytime from 12 to 1pm. Went back around 12:30 and he said they got an email saying tomorrow. This game is going to drives us all crazy!!!
Pawneezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #136
inkdoll

WormiestTea340's Gamercard
My hot dog/scorpion pack shipped last night (January 10th) from gamestop. Just a heads up, i'm sure more of you will come and say the same tho if you pre-ordered.

Only looking for the last 3 giants now really. Along with the supposed "molten hot dog" version that rumors keep bringing. Not really sure if there is a second version of hot dog tho.
inkdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #137
caseysrodeo13

Just picked up my scorpion battle pack at gamestop.........01/112013...Gamestop is also selling the sidekicks for 10 bucks each. Those were the ones you could order thru diritos chips. There are 4 different characters available.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #138
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdoll View Post
My hot dog/scorpion pack shipped last night (January 10th) from gamestop. Just a heads up, i'm sure more of you will come and say the same tho if you pre-ordered.

Only looking for the last 3 giants now really. Along with the supposed "molten hot dog" version that rumors keep bringing. Not really sure if there is a second version of hot dog tho.
Yep, just got Hot Dog as well and yes there will be a variant of him.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #139
Pawneezr

I also picked up the Battle Pack today at Gamestop in a different town then what I live in. All four Gamestops in my town didn't receive them for some reason.
Pawneezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #140
inkdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysrodeo13 View Post
Just picked up my scorpion battle pack at gamestop.........01/112013...Gamestop is also selling the sidekicks for 10 bucks each. Those were the ones you could order thru diritos chips. There are 4 different characters available.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Are they online? the sidekicks?

I went to 3 stores and they had NO battle packs ( tried to find one for a friend who didn't pre-order ). I didn't see any sidekicks at the stores either but maybe I was in the wrong spot looking =(
Old 01-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #141
caseysrodeo13

I live in North Little Rock, Arkansas my gamestop had limited to supply on the scorpion pack but seemed to have tons of the sidekicks....go figure....it maybe because of my region....not sure good luck.....can't wait to get thumpback and eyebrawl. Apparently those two are due to release I guess at any time. Ninjini will be last....the sooner the better....Activision is getting ready to announce Skylanders 3 at the next show,......January 16th.......still have a kind of a hard time locating lite core shroom boom, Im sure I will eventually find him....

Happy hunting!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #142
inkdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysrodeo13 View Post
......still have a kind of a hard time locating lite core shroom boom, Im sure I will eventually find him....

Happy hunting!
I had found 4 light core shroom boom at one of three toys r us locations in Nebraska. Maybe try that place if you haven't or amazon if you can use online stores?
Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #143
caseysrodeo13

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!....
Old 01-14-2013, 01:41 AM   #144
legendaryjman

Legendary J Man's Gamercard
I got excited from Caseysrodeo's post thinking that the sidekicks are out in stores, but my gamestops didn't get them. Hrm. I wonder if there is a guy at his gamestop selling them under the table.

Has anyone else seen these in the stores?
legendaryjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:38 AM   #145
inkdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendaryjman View Post
I got excited from Caseysrodeo's post thinking that the sidekicks are out in stores, but my gamestops didn't get them. Hrm. I wonder if there is a guy at his gamestop selling them under the table.

Has anyone else seen these in the stores?
They are only offered from a frito lays mail in offer that already ended. Pretty sure they are either used or they got them from the offer and are selling them. You can find them on Ebay and Amazon and they go for a crazy price. The sidekick doesn't do anything accept for spawn a mini player that runs around with you while you play.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #146
caseysrodeo13

Nope nothing under the table. They came out of a box that had skylander info on it.....My wife and I ordered ours side kicks thru doritos got them right before xmas.

Watched the associate open the box,........
Old 01-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #147
Richard5555

Didnt think wave 3 was supposed to hit until Dec.
Richard5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #148
caseysrodeo13

Dude this is January 2013.....

Last edited by caseysrodeo13; 01-14-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #149
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Wave 1 was Oct, Wave 2 was Nov, Wave 3 was Dec and Wave 4 will be Feb.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:33 AM   #150
caseysrodeo13

If everyone will direct ur attention to ur local gamestop...with purchases of 30 bucks or more (skylanders of course) u get a free side kick...starting January 16th......go figure...