PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
Xl Synical lX

xl synical lx's Gamercard
New to Gears of War 3

So I've played GOW I & II. I just bought GOW3. How should I start playing the game? I haven't played in well over 2 years the GOW series...
Old 01-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
JT Fever

oO JT Fever Oo's Gamercard
I got into all the GOW games last year, i love the 3rd especially horde mode and arcade campaign.

Its up to you on this but those are my choices

peace

n-joi
JT Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:09 AM   #3
Silicon Iceman

Silicon Iceman's Gamercard
Well, if you liked GoW 2, you will like this game. It pretty much picks up a few years after the GoW 2 left off and continues the story from there. There are some new weapons and new enemies to ramp things up as well as a new and improved Horde mode that utilizes fortifications and boss waves. Then there is beast mode which contrary to popular belief is NOT a Transformers game mode in GoW 3, but the opposite of Horde with only 12 waves and a time limit.

If you are a completionist/achievement whore, you will have a miserable time with this game. If not, you will probably like it if you liked the previous two installments.

On a completely unrelated note, I see that you've played a lot of Arkham Asylum, but not Arkham City. I don't know if you are waiting for the world to end or something, but if you got ANY enjoyment at all from Arkham Asylum, you need to play Arkham City... like right now. Go, get it. It's cheap now, so there's no excuse. You'll thank me later.

-M
Silicon Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #4
Xl Synical lX

xl synical lx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Iceman View Post
Well, if you liked GoW 2, you will like this game. It pretty much picks up a few years after the GoW 2 left off and continues the story from there. There are some new weapons and new enemies to ramp things up as well as a new and improved Horde mode that utilizes fortifications and boss waves. Then there is beast mode which contrary to popular belief is NOT a Transformers game mode in GoW 3, but the opposite of Horde with only 12 waves and a time limit.

If you are a completionist/achievement whore, you will have a miserable time with this game. If not, you will probably like it if you liked the previous two installments.

On a completely unrelated note, I see that you've played a lot of Arkham Asylum, but not Arkham City. I don't know if you are waiting for the world to end or something, but if you got ANY enjoyment at all from Arkham Asylum, you need to play Arkham City... like right now. Go, get it. It's cheap now, so there's no excuse. You'll thank me later.

-M
I am an achievement whore lol ... Well I just got back into my Xbox I had taken a longggg vacation. I have AC3 that I am finishing and Mortal Kombat.

I have GOW3, Red Dead Redemption and AC brotherhood I bought to play.