Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Doom II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-04-2010, 02:05 AM   #31
Sir Tonk

Send a message via AIM to Sir Tonk Send a message via Yahoo to Sir Tonk

Sir Tonk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by juenger1701 View Post
welcome to old school gaming if you think he's a bitch wait till you tangle with the mastermind or several cyber deamons or the icon of sin
Icon of Sin used to crash my computer back when Doom II first came out. It would spawn so many enemies that the RAM overloaded.

And I was using god mode then, not sure how I'll beat it on ultra-violence with no codes...
Sir Tonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #32
Jakethemuss

Thepercenter's Gamercard
Most hated enemy

1.Arch-vile (devastating attack, hard to dodge)
2.Pain elemental (will keep spitting out infinite lost souls which soak up your bullets, even when it dies it explodes and more lost souls come flying out)
3.Revenant (homing projectiles which blast right through armour and ravage health)

Everything else I can handle, the chaingunners are easy if you just take cover and hit them with S shotty upclose or rocket launcer if you're at range.

Currently looking to boost; Condemned 2, Crackdown co-op

Info for potential multiplayer pals; I am a UK brah so go by 'GMT'
Jakethemuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #33
Flawless Fraud

Send a message via Skype™ to Flawless Fraud

Autumn Parade's Gamercard
To me worst enemy in the game is Pain Elemental, if you're playing Ultra-Violence or above, ammo is your best friend and your worst enemy, even with a chainsaw you won't last 2 fights without ammo. ID looooooves to put Pain Elemental in open areas where they're either on top of you or underneath you, and half of the time you're surrounded by enemies so you can't give your full attention to those things. Arch-viles at least are rare and always reachable(mostly) inside a cage, behind a door you just opened, etc; one blast of BFG and it's nite time for them.
Flawless Fraud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #34
Jeh

Jehugasm's Gamercard
Pain Elementals and probably Revenants
Jeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:53 AM   #35
Mr. Allen

Level 6 of the second episode was indeed a bitch. The Revenants kicked my ass so many times. What got me in the end though was the TWO Archviles. The first one wasn't bad, but the second one that got released I didn't know about. It ran around rezzing all the Barons, Mankies, and Revenants. I was pissed. They came in on me in a relatively small room with few hiding places. At 40% health, it made it very tough to kill the Archvile, then I was finally able to rekill everything I had already killed while draining most of my ammo. Good times.

At least I finally got through.

But to answer the original question.

1. Revenants - Those homing missles can be hard to dodge at times. I don't know when it's worse... in enclosed spaces, or open areas. Either way, I hate them. And getting close is worse, because one punch can be devastating.

2. Pain Elementals - Rockets would be nice, but one Lost Soul coming it high speed makes rockets deadly. Chaingun isn't fast enough, and I hate wasting plasma on them when it's needed for tougher enemies. Boy do I hate them.

3. Spider Mastermind - Their chaingun is way worse than the Heavy Weapons Dudes if you ask me. They're usually out in the open, which makes it really hard to hide. I'd MUCH rather face the Arachnotrons. Plasma flies slower and is easier to dodge than bullets.

For those who hate the Mancubus, I find him to be really easy. They shoot in bursts of three, barring interruption from you, of course. The trick is to go in between their shots instead of trying to go around them. They tend to alternate, left, right, left, or the opposite. Rarely do all shots go in the same direction, even if you are standing still. Keep that in mind.

There's my two cents.
Mr. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:18 AM   #36
yngwieclone

yngwieclone's Gamercard
Archvile- Deadly and since they are usually in a group of more enemies they can be a bitch to kill.

FUCKING CHAINGUNNERS especially when they place them in your fucking blind spots and its never just one.

Pain elemental- are a bitch as well on ultra violent ammo can be scarce and these fuckers always seem to show up when you have no ammo lol.
yngwieclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:35 AM   #37
Need A Dispenser

Zombieh Toaster's Gamercard
Arch-Viles: I had to save/restart every. Freaking. Time. Because this baddy would catch me at a tight spot and kill me. God. ...
Pain Elementals: No, just no. I hate these freaking things. Especially when there's more than two of them in front of you.
Revenants: I hate their missiles and the fact they can melee you when you're chainsawing them.

These guys made me save like crazy, glad I finally beat the game recently, otherwise I would of killed myself. Heh. ... And to think DOOM II was hard, the second episode was madness.
Need A Dispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #38
yngwieclone

yngwieclone's Gamercard
I never have a problem with Revnauts if you can get close to them all they take is 3 super Boomstick blasts
yngwieclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #39
ArchTyrant

ArchTyrant's Gamercard
Pain Elementals are incredibly annoying on the harder difficulties. But the hardest would have to be the ArchVile. Quick, attacks you with ranged fire, and summons other enemies. Enough said.
ArchTyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #40
shadel20

shadel20's Gamercard
Pain Elementals and Revenants. Can't stand either of them.
shadel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #41
kaseywc98

kaseywc98's Gamercard
Cyberdemon by far. Especially in "The Living End".
Old 08-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #42
RyanfaeScotland

RyanfaeScotland's Gamercard
Doom Guy is his own worst enemy, he's constantly getting himself into these god awful situations. Why didn't he listen to his mother and get a normal job like most people rather than going off looking for adventure in the marines.
RyanfaeScotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #43
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Archviles were usually the hardest for me to handle. I also didn't like pain elementals either. Getting several of those at once really sucked!

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #44
Spec Eight

Spec Eight's Gamercard
Pain elementals, I found myself trying to plow through groups to get rid of them. If I didn't.. lost souls kept picking away, or clustered to block my path.
Spec Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #45
theirishmagnum

xx Decipher's Gamercard
Archviles and pain-elemental's are bad when around eachother, lost souls box you in while archie flames you lol Great game though

GOOGLE+ ( ALL BAND LINKS HERE )
https://plus.google.com/u/0/111421712472205257809/about
Currently ON TOUR with:
http://bobbycleveland.bandcamp.com/
TIED WORLD RECORD !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOhueKUHUKg
Watch me play LIVE ON STAGE !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJa5XbGa9MQ
theirishmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #46
o BooZer o

o IDDQD o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's definately the archvile for me -- Those dudes are just scary -- The crazy noise they make and the fact that they can resurect dead enemies -- Plus, there aren't that many in the game which makes them scarier!
o BooZer o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #47
Durandahl

Durandahl's Gamercard
Throwing my vote in for the Arch-Ville too. Especially when the little swine nips off back through the level you've just cleared out.

Git.
Durandahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #48
Kahn13

TwistOfFate619's Gamercard
For me personally it'd have to be the Pain Elementals for their Lost Soul spawning followed by Archviles (not for their ability to resurrect dead enemies but their dangerous "instant hitting" attack).

Last edited by Kahn13; 11-01-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Kahn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:43 PM   #49
Smapde

Smapde's Gamercard
I'm in the Pain Elementals camp. Whenever they appear on screen, they're the first to enter my crosshairs.
Smapde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:01 AM   #50
PsychicPsycho 0

PsychicPsycho 0's Gamercard
If all the non-boss enemies spawned at once, I'd take out the archvile first, then the pain elemental, then the revenant, then the arachnotron. Including the bosses, I'd probably take the mastermind after the archvile, and I might take the cyberdemon after the elemental, but I'm not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeogred View Post
I have to be honest compared to some of the total conversion WAD's I've played (Hell Revealed 1-2, etc), the Archvile in Doom II here was kind of a joke, lol.
I haven't played those 2 yet, but I saw the enemy count for some levels on the wikia- like 40 on some UV levels. That'd be sick.
PsychicPsycho 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #51
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Arch-Viles are definitely among the more annoying enemies in Doom II. If you're not in cover fast enough, your ass is barbecued. The fact that they can resurrect dead enemies makes them an even greater threat that Cyberdemons, as you'll be killing the same enemies again, wasting ammo.

Pain Elementals are also annoying, as they can constantly spawn Lost Souls if they're not dealt with soon enough. Then you have to keep killing Lost Souls, again wasting precious ammo in the process.

I speak for everyone when I say that if you're playing on Ultra-Violence, Arch-Viles, Pain Elementals and Lost Souls should be your top priority.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote