PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
Apple2Forever

Apple2Forever's Gamercard
The letters of inheritance you get when a character dies...

Have you ever been actually upset that a character has died? Most of the time I don't really care, but the last one I got was about Aela the Huntress.
Apple2Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Akir388

Akir388's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I got one for Aela as well, which was the only time I was slightly upset. I'm the same as you. Usually it doesn't bother me. I've gotten two letters so far. The first was just some random housecarl.

Sig made by Gackt
Akir388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Once when I was in Whiterun, I heard a loud thump behind me and it was the guy who owns that first shop on the right, as you walk into from the main gate. I can't remember the name of the shop. Anyway, he dropped dead and I got the shop. And it was a big shock, since he died of natural causes. I did move the body into the bushes.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Donator - Level 4   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
Once when I was in Whiterun, I heard a loud thump behind me and it was the guy who owns that first shop on the right, as you walk into from the main gate. I can't remember the name of the shop. Anyway, he dropped dead and I got the shop. And it was a big shock, since he died of natural causes. I did move the body into the bushes.
haha, that last bit cracked me up.

his (lucan valerius) is the best shop aswell, when you buy the perk to invest into shops, as he gets around 12k to barter with. i'd be devastated if he died.

the only people that ive had die where like random housecarls or some kind of noble that ive never heard of. being a lonely adventurer though, i wouldnt care who died as long as my 100 gold coins are brought to me post-haste. although i'll give a small mention to Aela, i wouldn't be best pleased if she died.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #5
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I really miss Lydia, I don't know where she is. She disappeared when I was doing a main mission that took me underground, hint hint, I miss her. She was my bank, I miss "I'm sworn to carry your burden"
and so began my quest to get Lydia back, a small quest. What could I do? I checked Google and youtube and there was a video about how check if a companion died. The video talked about checking the hall of the dead, the companions bar, etc. I looked under every rock that the video suggested but no Lydia. Sad face, the only choice i have is to wait that one day she will appear when i fast travel.

ScOoP!

guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:22 AM   #6
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottttocs View Post
haha, that last bit cracked me up.

his (lucan valerius) is the best shop aswell, when you buy the perk to invest into shops, as he gets around 12k to barter with. i'd be devastated if he died.
Well...people kept gawking at it so it got it out of the way.

And if Lucan died, wouldn't his sister take of the shop? You are talking about the one in Riverwood right?

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Donator - Level 4   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
Well...people kept gawking at it so it got it out of the way.

And if Lucan died, wouldn't his sister take of the shop? You are talking about the one in Riverwood right?
ffs. Yeah I'm on about the riverwood one. I really need to start reading stuff properly before posting.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #8
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Huh... people can die naturally? I think the only time i had the letter was when i was messing around and killed everybody(not saving of course) i never had a character die by itself... that would really piss me off... And i don't bring any followers anymore, used to... but always made sure they where alive when i saved. Would i do again i would take somebody of small importance... a mercenary, or whatever...

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
It doesn't involve the letters, but I was kind of annoyed and yet thought it was funny when Mjoll the Lioness decided to take her aggressions out on one of the apprentices at the College of Winterhold.

Basically, the Nord student (can't remember his name... starts with an H?) was there practicing his magic, and poor Mjoll decided to walk in front of him when I walked behind him.So she got hit with a random spell. She got pissed, and they started exchanging blows. The funny part comes in when you realize that Mjoll was no match for him. She would "die" after a few spells were sent her way... and her arrows did nothing because she's not an archer.

The frustrating thing was that I couldn't break them up. I tried calm spells and everything, but nothing worked. I could have reloaded a save, but it wasn't all that important to me at the time.

After seeing Mjoll defeated several times, I just left, figuring they would work it out eventually.

About an hour later, I entered a cave over by Markarth, and heard a familiar voice behind me. Turned around to see Mjoll had finally caught up with me. So out of curiosity, I went back to the College... and found whats-his-face laying dead in the middle of the courtyard. So I stole his stuff and sold it. He won't be needing it anymore, right?

Back on topic... I've lost nobody in the game that I've cared about. A vampire killed one of the miners in Markarth once. Got a letter of inheritance after that. Which was funny considering I'd never talked to him.

"Hmm... who should I put in my will? Oh, I know! That Dragonborn fellow. He deserves the 30 gold worth of assets I own for all the dragons he's slain!"

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #10
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Lol me it was when i tested the spells for the kajith..kajhit...kahjit, wich one... anyway... i had a follower and he got hurt too bad by them... he turned back on me and wanted to kill me, nothing worked to make him stop... so i had to reload the save... annoying... but well... wasn't too long ago so not too bad.

I can't stand a NPC dying... i had one that died without me noticing and it pissed me off... The trader of winterhold... during the attack.... it was night, i tough everybody none related was at sleep... only to find out many hours of gameplay later she was dead in the bush... i didn't see her when i checked the city for casualities.... ARRRG. Was too long ago to reload.. but annoys me to have no trader at winterhold... especially since its already a nearly dead town.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #11
Slaughter XBA
Award Troll

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I miss Lydia. That fucking Draugr Deathlord shouted her off the edge of a mountain. I was so damn mad, I didn't reload save because I thought that would sort of take away the experience of an RPG.