PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows 8 Games > Fighting > BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
KongQuest

KongQuest's Gamercard
Glitched achievements

(Finished the Arcade Mode with any Character)
I just did this with 3 different characters and no achievement. Two of those playthroughs were without continuing, and no achievement there either.

Most of these achievements are not unlocking at all. The barrier achievements, or generally all of them.

Does anyone know what is possibly happening? There are people who have most of these achievements, and even 3 people who have the whole 100%. So there must be something I can still do.

The main problem is that achievement for "finishing arcade with all characters". What are you supposed to do when that doesn't pop when it's supposed to? Clear all of them again for another chance to unlock it? I have a solid guarantee that it WON'T unlock, since all of the others have problems unlocking.

And one last thing, can you get this achievement if you were to use say, Tager, (or any other character) until the last stage of arcade, die, then select a character you still need to clear arcade with? (Edit: That won't work, nevermind.)

Edit: Refer to my later posts to see what corrects the achievement problems

Last edited by KongQuest; 01-03-2013 at 09:12 AM.
KongQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Pteppic

Pteppic42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KongQuest View Post
And one last thing, can you get this achievement if you were to use say, Tager, (or any other character) until the last stage of arcade, die, then select a character you still need to clear arcade with?
It was also my idea but if you die and select another character you have to start the arcade mode from the first fight.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
Epic Louie

Epic Louie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The barrier achievements aren't unlocking for me either.

Epic Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
Minioger

Minioger's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
(Finished the Arcade Mode with any Character)
I just did this with 3 different characters and no achievement. Two of those playthroughs were without continuing, and no achievement there either.

Most of these achievements are not unlocking at all. The barrier achievements, or generally all of them.

Does anyone know what is possibly happening? There are people who have most of these achievements, and even 3 people who have the whole 100%. So there must be something I can still do.

The main problem is that achievement for "finishing arcade with all characters". What are you supposed to do when that doesn't pop when it's supposed to? Clear all of them again for another chance to unlock it? I have a solid guarantee that it WON'T unlock, since all of the others have problems unlocking.

And one last thing, can you get this achievement if you were to use say, Tager, (or any other character) until the last stage of arcade, die, then select a character you still need to clear arcade with?
The first thing I'd ask is what type of controls are you using?

I had the same thing happen while I was using my keyboard and when I played my first game with the remote, I got the one for completing arcade mode. I should also mention that I did wait through the credits on that time and had skipped them previously.

The perfect one took a bunch of tries and I finally got it while playing as Hakumen (using the remote, first time playing as him, and I did lose one round, but never used a continue, watched the credits). I only tried him at the suggestion of someone else who popped the achievement as soon as the credits started after playing as him.

Gone through most of the characters twice (or more depending on character) and still no win with all achievement, so these are definitely broken at the moment. So you're welcome to try some of the suggestions (play with remote, Hakumen, watch credits) to see if those work on some of them for you, but as for the win with all I'd just wait to try that until there is a patch or something, or until someone confirms how to do it.

As for the barrier break, I just did those right before the end of each round iin arcade mode (ie I was about to win, did the break just to get credit for them), and it unlocked properly (again while using my xbox remote, not keyboard).

Edit: For barrier crush I had done two in arcade mode and did three in versus and it popped no problem...
Old 12-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
KongQuest

KongQuest's Gamercard
Is there any way you can locate the save file on your PC? You may be able to finish arcade with 11/12 characters, finish arcade and if it doesn't pop, delete that data and use a backup of the 11/12 characters to see if it will pop by trying different things?

If you uninstall the game, I think you lose your save data and it will tell you to create new data. But even then, I already tried that and problems persist.

Also for information, I never use keyboard, I plug in a turbo fight-pad into usb and that works fine, if by "remote" you mean the wireless 360 controller receiver, that allows you to play using a 360 controller, I do have that too. But I feel the issue has everything to do with errors detecting your profile and deactivating achievements from unlocking.

What I need to know most, is that will it unlock on a save file that missed the original unlock opportunity? Or is continuing on a tainted file hopeless, and your better off starting everything from scratch for another unguaranteed attempt at having it pop?

Last edited by KongQuest; 12-31-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
KongQuest

KongQuest's Gamercard
Bit of an update:

Perhaps there is hope that the achievement problems can be fixed.
I found their website/support area that deals directly with issues for this game. As you can see in this link,
they are on top of solving pre-existing problems with the game. I already emailed them about this.

http://blazblue.jp/win8/ct/en-us/support/

We all need to contact them about this issue and it will get fixed. Please help

support@arcsy.co.jp

Last edited by KongQuest; 12-31-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #7
Epic Louie

Epic Louie's Gamercard

I sent them an email this morning.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
Minioger

Minioger's Gamercard

Quote:
Is there any way you can locate the save file on your PC? You may be able to finish arcade with 11/12 characters, finish arcade and if it doesn't pop, delete that data and use a backup of the 11/12 characters to see if it will pop by trying different things?

If you uninstall the game, I think you lose your save data and it will tell you to create new data. But even then, I already tried that and problems persist.

Also for information, I never use keyboard, I plug in a turbo fight-pad into usb and that works fine, if by "remote" you mean the wireless 360 controller receiver, that allows you to play using a 360 controller, I do have that too. But I feel the issue has everything to do with errors detecting your profile and deactivating achievements from unlocking.

What I need to know most, is that will it unlock on a save file that missed the original unlock opportunity? Or is continuing on a tainted file hopeless, and your better off starting everything from scratch for another unguaranteed attempt at having it pop?
Yeah I use a regular 360 remote with the receiver. Though I suppose any 360 remote would work.

I think the problem lies in the fact that obviously some of the requirements for these achievements are not saving properly to your save file or as you said they are not registering properly with your profile. I believe that the win with all will eventually unlock, even with the current state, but the problem lies in either getting the game to update your achievement, or update the save file with the fact you have actually won.

I mean if the third time playing through I unlocked the arcade win, obviously there was nothing preventing me from earning that achievement, hopefully the same logic would apply to the win with all. However it will be next to impossible to tell which characters that you have completed and which ones you have not since you don't get any sort of real confirmation that they are done.

....and I'm sending them a message now, thanks for checking that. As a note other Win 8 games have already received patches, and some fixed broken achievements (Gunstringer), so there is hope
Old 01-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #9
KongQuest

KongQuest's Gamercard
Edit: I uninstalled the game (cleared save data), change my region to one from Europe and downloaded it from that store, cleared every character once again, and still no achievement.
There's clearly nothing more that I can do, I cannot understand for the life of me, why certain users have no problem at all getting the achievement to unlock. I've played more of this game than anyone in the world, and did the entire completion two-three times over now.

Have not gotten a response from support@arcsy.co.jp yet. I need them to acknowledge this problem at the very least, not be silent/ignoring this.

Last edited by KongQuest; 01-03-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 AM   #10
Epic Louie

Epic Louie's Gamercard

I haven't heard back from them either.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:15 AM   #11
Minioger

Minioger's Gamercard

Not to rub it in, but I did get the achievement to unlock tonight.

Like an idiot I always forget how to change settings in Windows 8 and so I had played it on normal and two rounds....switched it to one round on beginner and started playing each character through, doing it all in one sitting.

That finally worked, and I didn't clear any previous data. It also popped on my eighth character so I didn't quite play through all 12. Skipped all the credits this time, only played with my 360 remote...didn't touch the keyboard. So no real good suggestion other than switching it to beginner if you haven't....wish I had done that sooner.....and try doing it all in one sitting...
Old 01-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #12
KongQuest

KongQuest's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minioger View Post
Not to rub it in, but I did get the achievement to unlock tonight.

Like an idiot I always forget how to change settings in Windows 8 and so I had played it on normal and two rounds....switched it to one round on beginner and started playing each character through, doing it all in one sitting.

That finally worked, and I didn't clear any previous data. It also popped on my eighth character so I didn't quite play through all 12. Skipped all the credits this time, only played with my 360 remote...didn't touch the keyboard. So no real good suggestion other than switching it to beginner if you haven't....wish I had done that sooner.....and try doing it all in one sitting...
Whoa, this is great news. Congratulations!
How are you able to change settings to one round and on beginner???
(Edit: NEVERMIND, press windows key & "I" at the same time and the game brings up a settings menu!)

Last edited by KongQuest; 01-02-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #13
Minioger

Minioger's Gamercard

Quote:
Whoa, this is great news. Congratulations!
How are you able to change settings to one round and on beginner???
(Edit: NEVERMIND, press windows key & "I" at the same time and the game brings up a settings menu!)
Hmm, didn't know about that way to bring up the options!

I should have known this as it has been on nearly all the Win 8 games this way, but to get the settings without a keyboard either drag the mouse or tap the bottom right corner of the screen for the new style windows bar (or whatever it's called) pick settings, and it should pull up the in game settings. Easy peasy. Game is much easier on beginner!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #14
KongQuest

KongQuest's Gamercard
It still won't unlock, I've done all the characters 4+ times each now.
It takes at least 5-6 hours to clear it all on default settings,
but now that I can do it on beginner with one round,
it takes 2 - 3 hours. It's still not a tremendous difference compared to Normal (default).

Last edited by KongQuest; 01-02-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #15
Epic Louie

Epic Louie's Gamercard

I've finally unlocked the barrier achievements! Neutron X's solution on TA worked. Make sure you press start with your controller when the game starts, that way it'll register the controller as player 1. It's pretty stupid and they need to patch it.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #16
Minioger

Minioger's Gamercard

Quote:
It still won't unlock, I've done all the characters 4+ times each now.
It takes at least 5-6 hours to clear it all on default settings,
but now that I can do it on beginner with one round,
it takes 2 - 3 hours. It's still not a tremendous difference compared to Normal (default).
Sorry to hear that, I guess I'll just chalk it up to luck that mine worked then.

Although I would agree with most characters the difficulty isn't much different, I could not find a good, consistent strategy for using Carl. But switching it to one round really made the difference for me, I knocked out everything to get the achievement in about an hour and a half tops. So I guess it does matter on skill and a bit of luck in there too...

I checked out Neutron X's comment on TA, and I can say that I did exactly what he said, though I'm not 100% sure that is the trick to make everything work, as I would tell you that I thought I had done that previously and it hadn't worked, but it's hard to say whether or not I clicked to start at the menu every time I used the keyboard or what. I do know that when I used the remote I never touched the mouse or the keyboard (with the exception of changing the settings on the last time), so maybe there is something to that?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #17
KongQuest

KongQuest's Gamercard
The fix works!

I finally got it to unlock after hearing Neutron X's fix for it!!!

Pressing start with the controller at the title screen is indeed the fix, the problem is that to click on your name to sign in or out, or to view achievements, you are forced to use the mouse, which will probably result in using the mouse to get past the title screen immediately afterward.

So basically, not pressing start on the controller at the title screen deactivates achievements from unlocking.

When I unlocked it, I did have to clear every single character in a row again. Which tells me I hadn't pressed start at title screen before on this save. There is still the clear presence of achievement glitches (and graphical glitches in the background), so my many emails to the support team, Microsoft, and Arc system works, were not a waste.

I'm glad to be done with this, I hit "print screen" key when it finally popped so now I can use it as my desktop background
Old 01-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #18
Easy Down

Send a message via ICQ to Easy Down Send a message via MSN to Easy Down Send a message via Yahoo to Easy Down Send a message via Skype™ to Easy Down

ShotGun Brazil's Gamercard
If you don't have a X-Box controller?
I got a PS2 with adapter, it will work?
Easy Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #19
KongQuest

KongQuest's Gamercard
I've never heard of a PS2 adapter, sorry. I can't tell if that would matter.
Try using the adapter that connects a wireless controller to PC if you've got it, or any wired controllers you may have, such as wired 360 controller, fight pad, fight stick.

I've posted a solution on TA about this achievement,
http://www.trueachievements.com/a173...m?showguides=1

Last edited by KongQuest; 01-03-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #20
Minioger

Minioger's Gamercard

Quote:
I finally got it to unlock after hearing Neutron X's fix for it!!!

Pressing start with the controller at the title screen is indeed the fix, the problem is that to click on your name to sign in or out, or to view achievements, you are forced to use the mouse, which will probably result in using the mouse to get past the title screen immediately afterward.

So basically, not pressing start on the controller at the title screen deactivates achievements from unlocking.

When I unlocked it, I did have to clear every single character in a row again. Which tells me I hadn't pressed start at title screen before on this save. There is still the clear presence of achievement glitches (and graphical glitches in the background), so my many emails to the support team, Microsoft, and Arc system works, were not a waste.

I'm glad to be done with this, I hit "print screen" key when it finally popped so now I can use it as my desktop background
Awesome! Glad it worked for you. Now at least we know the actual fix for it!!!

Still a bit of a weird problem to have, you would think with only one profile signed in, it wouldn't matter if you used a mouse, then a keyboard then a remote, but w/e I guess. Hopefully they will fix it for future gamers.