PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #31
Kuza Kyo

kuza kyo's Gamercard
I have to Admit I am loving this game, I completed it last night - I'm enjoying it still even now !

I think the best thing about this game other than it's lovely Graphics has to be the Music, they went whole Hog on that!
Kuza Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #32
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Must admit hat I have some reservations about the DFM etc, all feels a bit 'gimmicky' and unnecessary, but on the whole, yes I agree, this is the best title by far.

I am just soooo happy there isn't the ridiculous blow up some futuristic completely ridiculous flying fortress and above all else....no flying down the god dam tunnel at the end!!! Those two things alone give this title my vote!

Great title if just a touch less than perfect with the silly DFM modes etc.

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:49 AM   #33
ImaginaryRuins

imaginaryruins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graivul View Post
Must admit hat I have some reservations about the DFM etc, all feels a bit 'gimmicky' and unnecessary, but on the whole, yes I agree, this is the best title by far.

I am just soooo happy there isn't the ridiculous blow up some futuristic completely ridiculous flying fortress and above all else....no flying down the god dam tunnel at the end!!! Those two things alone give this title my vote!

Great title if just a touch less than perfect with the silly DFM modes etc.
Not perfect IMO, and at first really couldn't get used to the DFM system, but as I slowly mastered how it works, Assault Horizon isn't too bad for me. I still prefer the more story-telling-focusing style on AC6 (and AC4 & 5 to other fans but I haven't played them), but the online play is definitely great fun.

10000G for 10 games on 7/12/2010
20000G for 20 games on 9/8/2011
30000G for 30 games on 6/5/2012
40000G for 40 games on 24/9/2012
50000G for 50 games on 19/5/2013
60000G for 60 games on 12/1/2014

ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #34
TimKong

tim kong's Gamercard
how can i change the settings so that i can roll my plane?

can t find it and it makes me go crazy no full control sucks
TimKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #35
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryRuins View Post
Not perfect IMO, and at first really couldn't get used to the DFM system, but as I slowly mastered how it works, Assault Horizon isn't too bad for me. I still prefer the more story-telling-focusing style on AC6 (and AC4 & 5 to other fans but I haven't played them), but the online play is definitely great fun.
I would agree 100% that regardless of your feelings towards DFM / ASM, it does definitely take some getting used to. Even when I did get used to it and master it, I just never found it something I could get on with.

I mean it is intended to give a sense of speed and heart thumping action, and it does in some small part but, to anyone who knows anything about aircraft, when you enter into a dogfight with an SU-25 Frogfoot and it weaves around the skies like a small agile fighter such as the Typhoon, it starts getting a bit silly. The Frogfoot is so slow in real life it take bird strikes in the rear and turns like a pregnant cow, it is basically the fat guy who never leaves his house and hasn't seen his genitals in 15 years of the aviation world.

I just think they didn't need it, but for better or worse it is here, still a great game though.

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #36
fuxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimKong View Post
how can i change the settings so that i can roll my plane?

can t find it and it makes me go crazy no full control sucks
You have to change the control setting to "original".
fuxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #37
ballermann

Schmiergeld's Gamercard
i wish they would come back with fuel consumption. i think, after all these ace combats before they tends to make ace combat more unrealistic like the hawx games and somehow the dogfights and many scriptevents sucks . its like final fantasy 13, the developer and publisher try to open their games for the mainstream. but i can't agree with those developments . ... how the times have changed.
ballermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:21 PM   #38
arcunas

Arcunas's Gamercard
I love ace combat games and I was looking forward to playing this game for ages but after playing it I was disappointed with the DFM but it was still fun to play.
arcunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #39
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I've had AC6 and now this one and just from the two, I like AC:AH best! Sadly, I got it right before Skyrim and I haven't played it since.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #40
oooz1991

Scott430's Gamercard
Just completed it having regretted not getting it on day one as soon as I started playing it... The best ace combat I've ever played and one of the best games I have ever played. Might just be my own personal exaggeration but I loved it!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #41
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Yeah this game is pretty Bad ass. This is the first Flight game I have played other than Microsoft Flight and its pretty sweet. I love the game but its kinda hard...at least for me it is lol
Old 06-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #42
N00delsuppe

Antr0p0phagus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I've only played Ace Combat 6 and this one. And I have to say, that this one is by far better than Ace 6. Its especially awesome, that now you dont only use jets, but also bombers and helicopters. Gives it a nice change
N00delsuppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #43
DiMeDoUtSoN

Th3 0nSLaUgHT's Gamercard
Yea, this is definitely one of the greatest Ace Combats. Love the cinematic feel to this game.
DiMeDoUtSoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:15 AM   #44
Fenriswolf

xXDarkFenrirXx's Gamercard
For me, AC:AH is one of the weakest games from the Ace Combat franchise.

I had fun in my first playtrough, but the campaign had to many quicktime events for my taste. Far to many. This game doesn't let you any free choice in your playtrough. The soundtrack is still great as always. Graphics are lightly over average for me, for a console game it's surely an nice eyecatch; if you aren't analyzing the muddy ground textures. All that's fine to me.

But what I really don't like is the most important part: the gameplay.

The cinematic cutscenes looks visually nice, but technically it gets really annoying and boring after a few minutes. Even in the online mode you will activate this cutscenes, while your plane flys out of map and explodes. You see this cinematic scenes over and over again and can't control your plane. Target_Leads can't be shot down regulary, no, you have to follow the same loop over and over again; if you restart a mission over and over again for an A-Rank, it gets annoying as hell. But what I most don't like is the DFM Mode: You don't need to fly at all anymore, all what you need are good special weapons and good skills equipped. This totally feels wrong, especially, if you are a fan since the first Air Combat game of this series.

I still play it online sometimes, even if I enjoyed AC 6 so much more. (Level 2) But it looks like the multiplayer is rather dead then active.

Last edited by Fenriswolf; 04-07-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Fenriswolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:47 AM   #45
H0p3sfalL
Coconut Dracula

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I personally liked AC 4 the best in the series. But this one does kick ass.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #46
seiji092

GoldenSnitch114's Gamercard
Was kinda going to ask for your guys opinions on this game haha

Is it worth buying it?

The one I liked the most so far was 5, for the storyline and stuff, but again apart from the 5 I only had a PSOne game that I don't remember which number it was... I wanted to get my hands on the 4, but PS2 games were still expensive when I got to play the 5...
seiji092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:01 AM   #47
SupremeNacho4

SupremeNacho4's Gamercard
I don't understand how you people say this game is great??? It fuckin sucks compared to the rest of the franchise. You cant kill anyone unless you are in dfm mode, it takes 3-5 missles to get a kill, you squad mates don't do dick to help you when you're getting gang raped and the controls suck. AC6 was a million times better and I'm sorry I ever played this crap game!
SupremeNacho4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #48
xSyKoTiCxJeTx

Send a message via Skype™ to xSyKoTiCxJeTx

xSyKoTiCxJeTx's Gamercard
I really enjoyed this game because of its lower difficulty compared to the rest of franchise

xSyKoTiCxJeTx is offline   Reply With Quote