PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4 > Spartan Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
oozero

ooz3r0's Gamercard
aggressivness

Ok I love that the AI does not stand there and let you shoot the shit out of them, but does anyone feel that the AI is extremely aggressive??

The Knights, crawlers, elites, jackals, hunters, watchers, etc...do not stand there and let the battle come to them, they now take the battle to you!

I feel it really brings a new challenge to the game and makes it a lot more exciting. Anyone else feel the same way?
oozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
drexsack

drexsack's Gamercard
Hmm nope. They attack you on sight, that's all. They don't chase you all over the map. They don't even follow you most of the times you take cover. But they totally rape you, if you spawn right in their middle or stuff like that. But that's normal.
drexsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Kemaleon

Kemaleon's Gamercard
I've found that the Elites especially have been getting more aggressive each week. Sometimes it's insane! But the guy above is right, on some maps they are still restricted to certain 'zones' but god forbid they drop on your head!
Kemaleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
oozero

ooz3r0's Gamercard
I would have to disagree with them being "restricted" to certain areas... I have found that the elites, and hunters ( Episode 3, I think its the sniper alley map? ) would come after me no matter where I would spawn. They were being extremely aggressive, I remember even having to fall back on certain parts of the map because they were pushing forward so much
oozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It doesn't have to do with certain weeks But if you read the interviews at the end of the Collector Guide, they do say that the level of the AI is always a little over-par with the shown level. Basically, Thunderstorm is always on, carried weapons are better and the AI is indeed, more aggressive than during the Campaign. It has been clearly said by 343
Old 12-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #6
BiggD
15 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
In my experience, in regards to Campaign at least, the enemies won't even shoot you unless you're looking at them.

Take Mission 3, Forerunner, for example. There's about 5 different sections where you can run past the enemy and they won't do anything about it, and these are Knights that we're talking about...even on Legendary.

With that said, I guess I can draw the conclusion that the enemies are just as aggressive as they've always been.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 15 DAYS ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Yes, but the difficulty climbs from Episode to Episode. The AI clearly behaves more aggressively in Episode 5 than in Episode 1, and it's not due to numbers only.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis View Post
Yes, but the difficulty climbs from Episode to Episode. The AI clearly behaves more aggressively in Episode 5 than in Episode 1, and it's not due to numbers only.
The difficulty remains the same regardless the Episode and chapter. The only difference in difficulty as of recent is 343i's changing of it from Heroic to Legendary. The only other factors that determine the perceived difficulty is the level's vehicular and weapon assets, the constitution of the map itself, and whether or not you have teammates and how many.

There is absolutely no change in behavior of the AI; there are no skull-modifiers -- that was a package deal with Firefight, not Spartan Ops.

Article explaining such, with source included: http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/n...rtan-ops-13563
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote