PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Doom 3 BFG Edition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Anyone else feel the same?

That finally we got a good oldie game that is still true (somewhat) to old school shooter roots. Sure the game is from 2004, even though graphics are barely worse then CoD's A lot more complicated areas with branching pathways, bigger areas to explore with secrets, no stupid regenerating health, fast paced shooting, no stupid cinematic interruptions (there were some, but not nearly as agitating as lets say, Max Payne 3). Felt good to play through Doom 3. Still have Doom 1&2, RoE and Lost Mission left, so it's really a neat package if you're fed up with the "new" generation of FPS games.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
EngagedMetal7

EngagedMetal7's Gamercard
Halo anniversary was a superb remake...
I haven't got this game yet, it hasn't come to stores where i live
EngagedMetal7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I had DOOM 3 on my PC and from what I've seen on this 360 version, it looks exactly like it. While I may or may not get it, I liked it back then. I always wondered why it was never made for a 360...and here it is!

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:14 AM   #4
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
I had DOOM 3 on my PC and from what I've seen on this 360 version, it looks exactly like it. While I may or may not get it, I liked it back then. I always wondered why it was never made for a 360...and here it is!
Id was probably too busy making their other games and not enough time for another port.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:22 AM   #5
Zlpempleh

Zlpempleh's Gamercard
It's also finally good to get the true experience if you didn't have a computer good enough to play it when it initially came out. Sure, the original Xbox one was good, but it was missing quite a bit.
Zlpempleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
atomskaze

I had the original on PC, but am enjoying this version so far... still kind of miss the flashlight-or-weapon classic gameplay.
atomskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:51 AM   #7
Zeppelin 856

CREEKx's Gamercard
This game is amazing. Old school running and gunning is where I started with my gaming roots (Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Goldeneye). If this game can still entertain me in every way, id is doing an emaculate job. I can not friggin' wait for Doom 4.
Zeppelin 856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
Fahrstuhl

WsD Fahrstuhl's Gamercard
I never played Doom 3 back in 2004 but now through this package I was able to play it for the first time and I love it. Sadly there arent much of this Run and Gun games left, because every Developer is trying to make games more realistic today :/
Fahrstuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
bouxdag

bouxdag's Gamercard
Yeah, it's definitely fun to play an "old school" (well, older anyways) type shooter without iron sights. I'm also enjoying the flashlight changes compared to playing it on PC in 2004. I think I might have actually preferred the old way in general, but playing through it again in a more run and gun style is a nice change of pace.

I've also been slowly making my way through the Black Mesa mod on PC. Between that and this it's fun revisiting a whole different era of shooters.
bouxdag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #10
lilpuddy31

lilpuddy's Gamercard
i'm having much fun in this version than i ever have in the pc original
lilpuddy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #11
Tuborg Green

Tuborg Green's Gamercard
Hell yeah! I played PC original to death back in times when it came out. It wasn't running very good on my pc and can you imagine, i still haven't upgraded it! So I kept my copy dreaming that someday i'll get a new pc and play my doom3 on max settings and then bam! they released it on 360 with a sweet solid 60 fps. Haven't enjoyed a shooter game so much in a long time.
Tuborg Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #12
ll X ll

Yup. I am enjoying this game alot! played this game back in the day on the original Xbox, while i loved it at that time i didn't manage to finish it. Now, i will especially since i have the expansion + lost missions + Doom 1 & 2 (Which are region locked from where i am, i could use VPN but it's too much of a hassle) so to me, this is a great deal!

The atmosphere in this game is great and nothing like runnin 'N' gunnin while circle strafing. I don't know what they haters are smoking since the game is what it is. You don't get FPS's like those again so it's a great experience especially for people who never played Doom 3 & it's expansions.

Since i don't care for achievements, 600G doesn't bother me. They could have put 0G so, it's better than nothing.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #13
ATC Psyko

ATC Psyko's Gamercard
I personnaly find the graphics really good for a 2004's game and the gameplay is so smooth !!!
ATC Psyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #14
FoehammersRvng

Foehammers Rvng's Gamercard
Absolutely. I loved Doom 3 when it was on the original Xbox, and I love it even more now. It was actually kind of a fresh experience this time around not only because I hadn't played the game in years and couldn't remember most of it, but also because I got to play with Astros, so the game felt even more atmospheric. I always liked the sound effects and ambience of the game, but with the simulated 7.1 surround sound, I really appreciated just how well-done the audio was, considering it's from 2004.

I don't really know why some people hate this game. It's a ton of fun and really badass. I actually like the slower, more methodical approach to the gameplay because so many shooters nowadays are twitchy run-and-gun types.
FoehammersRvng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:43 AM   #15
tunaleg

Tunaleg's Gamercard
I'm enjoying the shit out of this game. Still have it for original Xbox but never finished it.. was too damn scared to play most of the time (this is resolved in this version with the flashlight being always equipped). The atmosphere is great, now I can't wait for Doom 4. Gotta say it was weird getting used to certain things that I've become conditioned to in modern fps's like OP mentioned. But it was fine once I got settled into it kinda like playing Resident Evil 4 for the first time last year.
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:00 AM   #16
Uranium Deposit

Uranium Deposit's Gamercard
The see-or-kill aspect is what made the original so great. While I look forward to playing this (its been on my shelf since release) that part will be missed.

Uranium Deposit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #17
DoomGinger6

lanenj83's Gamercard
When I learned they were re-launching this on the 360, I'm pretty sure I peed a little
DoomGinger6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #18
RFS Guerilla NL

qommando NL's Gamercard
When I heard that doom 3 was available for xbox 360, I immediately knew that this was my change to finally play the game.

When I was a young kid, I saw a friend play this game. He had a very good PC so he could actually play the game. I lived with my mom and my other two brothers so there was no money to buy a good PC.

And know I am at Delta labs 3 at the moment so nearly finshed the game and it's a very sick game

Not as good as in 2004 when this was ''the real deal'' but still good enough to still be a good game in 2013.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #19
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFS Guerilla NL View Post
but still good enough to still be a good game in 2013.
Even Doom 1 and 2 are as well. Those games will be good until the day the world ends.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:09 AM   #20
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I didn't got it back then because of the flashlight thing. May sound stupid but it was so a pain in the ass... i played a bit with the version of my friend and hated the flashlight thing. So now that they patch it, i was glad to purchase it on 360 and finally do a game i should had a long time ago.

Honestly i will say its fun, but i got to play this 1 hour or so then take a break... but its the case with most FPS and most games in general(exept RPG) in solo for me. Im more of a MP kind of guy these days... I got to admit the lack of story (more or less) is a bit sad but it aint too much of a problem i knew it was gonna be like that... its Doom.. lol

Im just very disapointed they didn't go for the whole collection(Doom 64, Final Doom missing) but non the less a very good buy for 20 bucks...

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote