PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-24-2012, 04:08 AM   #91
whassupbun

whassupbun's Gamercard
This is getting ridiculous. I've rolled those damn dice for 4 hours in total now and still haven't got a Five-of-a-kind. Managed to get my winning to around 7000 orens so it's not all bad, at least it's helping me toward the 10K orens achievement. But I'm starting to believe that I will never get a Five-of-a-kind.

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who are lucky enough to have gotten this achievement, where and when did you get it? At what chapter of the story? What location? Who did you play against? How much money have you gambled and how much winning did you make? And most importantly, what difficulty did you play the game on? Maybe all these little things factor into what your chances would be at getting this achievement. I'm playing on Dark at the moment, perhaps your chances are lower in Dark difficulty?

whassupbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #92
SickSiD0

Send a message via Yahoo to SickSiD0

sickSiD0's Gamercard
Well it might be luck, but once i saw the video of the stacking dice and not throwing them all over it was pretty quick for me. Got it during the prologue, but have managed to get five of a kind two more times during the first chapter and the sidequest of beating people at poker dice.

Maybe its just luck, but it is pretty easy to get 3 or 4 of a kind in the first throw with that method, and then it's just luck; if what you want is facing up, hit the right dpad a tinch and really slow so it lands with that side up, and if they are with another number up, just toss them so they roll, you might get lucky there. But honestly, I think that trick really improves your odds....

Edit.... I'm on Normal difficulty BTW.

Last edited by SickSiD0; 04-24-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: forgot info
SickSiD0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #93
NovaXz

NovaXz's Gamercard
Please help me out. I've got 5 of a kind 7 times now and the achievement won't unlock. The first time the other player resigned the other 6 I ended up winning, but for some reason the achievement won't unlock. I have tried playing against different NPCs and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
NovaXz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #94
whassupbun

whassupbun's Gamercard
Okay, so I played for 1 hour today and still no luck. Got bored and watched Iron Man 2 in preparation for the Avengers movie, I kept rolling the dice for the duration of the entire movie, no luck. So add that to the 4 hours I had put in previously, I've played dice poker for SEVEN FUCKING HOURS!!!! And I still haven't got a Five-of-a-kind!!!! I'm gonna do the same tomorrow while I watch Thor, but after that, I'm done, I won't waste anymore time on this achievement. Whoever thought of this achievement can, as the people of Temeria would say, go "plow themselves".

whassupbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #95
WootNyllon

Nyllon's Gamercard
So finally got the cheevo today. I got it after 5 hours of playing. (not in one setting) I played the red caped guy in the inn basement. He never resigned on me ever. I got two of a kind of the double circles then rolled them to the right every roll and I finally got it on the second roll. Glad that is over. Good luck everybody. Btw I was on normal mode and in chapter 1 still.

WootNyllon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:48 AM   #96
DragonusDarque

DarqueDragon143's Gamercard
I tried what is in the video and it does not work for me. I can get, at the most, three of them to stack, but that's it. Most of the time the dice go out of bounds, and I barely touch the analog stick. And, the ones that did stack were all different symbols!
I have no clue how he got them to stack and four of them come up the same symbol, but it is not happening for me, and I have been trying for over an hour!
I totally hate achievements that are based on mini-games, especially mini games based on pure luck.

Finally got it, but still only got 3 of them to stack, not all 5. And, it took me almost 2 hours!

Last edited by DragonusDarque; 04-25-2012 at 06:20 AM.
DragonusDarque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #97
SeanTM22

SEANtm22's Gamercard
Got it after about an hour of trying. Pretty lucky though. I can see people getting very frustrated with this achievement.

Got it in the first town (Flotsam) against the dude in Red.

I gave up on the video method, I just rolled lightly in the center of the board, when I got three of a kind I selected the other two and just lightly rolled those in the center two. Really is no skill involved at all

Last edited by SeanTM22; 04-25-2012 at 06:50 AM.
SeanTM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #98
Chaosflare

Send a message via MSN to Chaosflare

KitsuneChaos's Gamercard
Every time I come even slightly close, the opponent resigns. =_=

If you see me playing a game you need help with, or see such a game in my history,
there may be a small chance that I still have it, or can shell out a little cash to retrieve it.
Feel free to politely request assistance, and I'll do what I can (if within reason).

^w^

Chaosflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #99
Marty308862

Marty308862's Gamercard
Fucking hate this achievement. Always when I do 3 same or 4 same symbols in first throw, that fucking coward will let me win, and there is no second throw

Marty308862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #100
Super Harold

Super Harold's Gamercard
What's the deal with the opponents resigning? As if getting 5 dice the same isn't hard enough without the buggers resigning when you get it on the first throw!

Last edited by Super Harold; 04-25-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Super Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #101
dreadnaut12

Dreadnaut12's Gamercard
Been trying this for quite some time now, both the op's method and just throwing. Nothing is working! I am making quite a bit of money tho.
dreadnaut12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #102
dreadnaut12

Dreadnaut12's Gamercard
I'm also saving after wins and loading after losses. If the game wants to be lame, I can be too
Old 04-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #103
dreadnaut12

Dreadnaut12's Gamercard
YEAAAH!! Five fours! Only took like 2 hours haha
Old 06-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #104
WILKO1892

WILKO1892's Gamercard
It worked for me using this method after 5-6 goes I followed the video as perfectly as I could an I got 2 of kind first and then stacked them to get the last three dice. Thanks for the video.

100% Achievements: COD2, COD: MW, COD:MW2, Oblivion (1250), Godfather 2, Assassin's Creed 2
WILKO1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #105
Fully Avenged

fully avenged's Gamercard
I just recently got my achievement after about 30-40 tries. I must say I used a mixture of the method present here and simply rolling the dice, and in the end it was playing the game as intended (ie not using the "glitch") that got me the achievement.

For those of you looking for an opponent who will not resign frequently or stop playing against you no matter how many times you beat them, I suggest you seek out Fioravanti in the first town, Flotsam. He can be found in the town square (near where the hangings take place) and runs a stall that appears to have vases and bottles of various types on it.

Initially I was using the Poker Face: Flotsam quest to attempt to do the achievement, and while the first few guys are fine as long as you lose to them, once you start winning they all bottle out and you start running out of people to play against. I haven't seen any suggestions on long-standing opponents, so I would highly suggest Fioravanti. I played against him numerous times, on many of which I started with 3-of-a-kind or 4-of-a-kind games, and he never resigned. He's probably the most sure-fire bet out of anybody in the beginning town.

Finally, the only suggestion I have is to lightly touch the analog stick -- there's no need to go mad with it. I actually found I had more success when I only tilted the analog stick slightly, as the die seemed to land on the same faces more often.

Best of luck to anybody who attempts this - I completely agree that luck-based achievements completely suck and need to go. Memories of Final Fantasy XIII-2's slot machines still haunt my dreams (anybody who's had to get the Lucky Coin fragment will know how I feel).

Anyway, that's another story... :P

Fully Avenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:46 AM   #106
zpond83

brownsgotbigT's Gamercard
Thanks finally got it
zpond83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #107
Of cass

Send a message via AIM to Of cass

of CASS's Gamercard
Ya this method is just not workin for me.

Tried for 2 hours. Then my gf tried "for fun" she said for another hour. Gonna revert back to classical methods. At least then theres a realistic statstical path i can use ='[...
Of cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #108
Apheros

Apheros's Gamercard
Clever idea, but it just didn't work for me. Got 5 of a kind the good ol' fashioned way..
Apheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #109
Of cass

Send a message via AIM to Of cass

of CASS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apheros View Post
Clever idea, but it just didn't work for me. Got 5 of a kind the good ol' fashioned way..
Yep, I agree. Did it the classical way during the prologue in 30 minutes. My last cheevo.

Done and dusted moving on! =]
Of cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #110
Schreckofant

Schreckofant's Gamercard
Reminds me of that nice Achievo in RAGE ...
Schreckofant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #111
Morbious17

Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Just a quick FYI, 5 of a kind draws don't count....
Old 08-16-2012, 06:24 AM   #112
IDiivil

Send a message via AIM to IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This thread is long, so I'm not sure if these things were all mentioned together, buuuuut ~

1. Watch this video:
It's very well done in explaining the movements you need to make to do the standing trick for the Poker! achievement. I was having trouble until I viewed this particular one.

2. Make sure to BARELY tap your analog stick to the upper left when replicating the trick. I mean barely tap it.

3. Do this in Prologue at the "The king summoned me" or whatever section where you are with the army as they are all hanging out at the tents. Anyone else, even in Flotsam, will tend to resign on you otherwise if you get close to a 5 in a row'r.

4. I stress again that you must be gentle as hell with the analog stick.

Overall, took me 5 tries or so once I got the technique down. Very easy. By luck took me over 80 tries without even getting close, so really, if you're going to be sitting around doing this anyways, the technique's worth giving a shot.

No other tips really. I bid minimum for the whole time since I was scared bidding high would scare off my opponent.

Like my avatar? If so, you can see more of my modeling work at http://www.facebook.com/idiivil
IDiivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #113
PnutButrSkippy

PnutButrSkippy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
it still seemed to be luck for me since the dice were never all the same side up. I did notice that on a second roll, the double circles were usually on the top of the dice that I was to roll. When going after the 5 of a kind double circles I got it.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #114
JPEC83

JPEC83's Gamercard
I feel really sorry for the people having trouble with this. Even with the trick, it's completely luck based. I think the best time to do it is in the prologue like some have mentioned.

And if you can resist, don't worry too much about it until you have done most of the others. I actually got a second straight-five while playing through the 'Poker Face' quests, so it could happen without trying.
JPEC83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #115
WolfmanStarrk

WolfmanStarrk2's Gamercard
This method does indeed work but Luck still plays a factor in getting the achievement. I just managed to pull it off after about 50 or so attempts by getting five threes. I played against one of the guys in the Flotsam Inn basement and bet maximum. Even if you can't get the achievement, you'll most likely walk away with a buttload of Orens at your disposal.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #116
drewa27

Mandime27's Gamercard
crazy

i love things in the game like that
drewa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #117
rapture23

MusicIsRapture's Gamercard
This doesn't work. The achievement is random. If you think it does work you are just fooling yourself and have forgot what random means. It is quicker to just roll the dice. Why waste time to move them to the corner when the game is random?

Endorphin Rush
Opium Dreams and Sweet Denial
It makes me sick when scumbags cheat/boost/hack/mod or use pirated games to get trophies.
It's unfair to those of us that don't steal from developers and don't have to cheat/pirate to get our trophies.
If you have to use a method other then the originally intended way you don't deserve to have the trophy and should be banned from this site/PSN.
Unless you're one of the scumbags you will agree.
rapture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #118
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The developer who thought of this achievement deserves cancer! 400 matches and nothing!
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #119
Preau

Preauh's Gamercard
First I spend half an hour ingame to get it in the prologue. Now when I'm regularly playing I get it in 1 throw during one of the poker quests:
Preau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #120
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Poker? I barely know her!
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote