PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Fable: The Journey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-11-2012, 02:43 AM   #1
Iron Monkey

Iron Monkey's Gamercard
Who Played the Game??

I just want to see who played the retail version of this game and what you think about it. I'm on the fence if I should get it or not. I did play the demo. What are the pluses and negatives for this game.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:23 AM   #2
oDD Reflex

Send a message via AIM to oDD Reflex

Odd Reflex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I played it for about 15 minutes, glad I didn't buy it! It's very slow paced and allows limited controls, felt similar to grinding even though I was playing the single player story for the first time. Probably more geared towards younger kids.

x360a Hit & Run boosters encountered :
1. Montrossity
2. Fizzy Bubblech9
3. x Eric DC x
oDD Reflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:34 AM   #3
Purified N Fire

Purified N Fire's Gamercard
The story is good. The Kinect controls are good once you learn them. The driving of the buggy gets really repetitive, and the fighting is enjoyable for a while, however it also has its ups and downs. When new powers are introduced they are fun for a little while. Upgrading is fun and using the newly upgraded powers is fun for a while as well. All in all it is fun for a few hours. Best if played with a child who enjoys it. My eight year old son loves it. I can play it for about an hour or two at a time. He can play it for hours on end.
Purified N Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
sp11879

sp11879's Gamercard
I've not played it and I don't think I want to. Seems like a poor addition to a great series of games.
sp11879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
beezelBug

beezelBug's Gamercard
The controls are very good even though you can be seated for the entire game.

I am enjoying this thoroughly, the cart driving hasn't got too much as yet and there are enough stopping points to break it up. The story and cart driving is sucking me in to the point I'm clucking to get the horse moving.

If you have very little patience and just want instant gratification of action you wont get on with this.

If you want to experience and soak up the story as it unfolds then this is for you.

I'm not advocating game of the year here but certainly KINECT Game of the Year
Old 10-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
EDDS

EDDS's Gamercard
Just completed the story mode and I have to say wow, I was very impressed by this game, it is a lot better than I thought it'd be.

The combat never gets boring as your always trying to make more and more stylish kills.

Well worth the 7.99 I paid :P
Old 10-16-2012, 01:37 AM   #7
jedimomhg5

jedimomhg5's Gamercard
I agree with EDDS and Beezelbug. I'm very close to finishing the game and I love it. The story is great and I don't mind the horse riding parts at all. Graphically its very fable charming. Definately one of the great kinect games out there. It's a real shame so many people and reviewers are putting it down because its a kinect game. Once you get the hang of the controls they work very well.
jedimomhg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
Just finished the story mode, about 8 or so hours of play. If you've been invested in the Fable lore prior to The Journey, then you absolutely need to play this. Absolutely must. The story is far too important and well told to pass up.

As far as the gameplay goes, I had no problems with the cart riding, and actually thoroughly enjoyed it every time I rode. Fighting is, as you would expect, a tad wonky at times, and you'll probably be re-calibrating the Kinect a few times, but hey, that's the Kinect for you. The game itself does a great job of making things work really well, so long as you know the "window" your motions should be in to perform certain spells.

Seriously, get this game. I know it isn't every ones' thing, and that's fine, but to avoid it just because it's a Kinect title would be crazy. It's got the great Fable feel to it, humor, look and all. It's got probably the most solid controls of any Kinect game I've played that isn't, like, Fruit Ninja or something simple like that.

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #9
Laburynthe

laburynthe's Gamercard
Thumbs up

It's an awesome game. I wish it had more customization like previous fable games and something more to it like demon doors or weapons other than magic. It's probably the only kinect game I enjoyed. Lots of people are hating on it but if they actually sat down and played it, I know they would like it. Some parts of the game are dull, especially staring at a horses ass for most of the game but other parts are epic. I wish this game was a bit more challenging but it's an easy 1000.
Laburynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #10
FirstFallenStar

FirstFallenStar's Gamercard
Yeah i have played it and have to admit i am very disappointed with all aspects of it. the controls/what you can do is limited and are all very boring. the story itself(to the point im at) is also highly lacking and i can only hope that this isnt a precurser into how they plan on ruining the next actual Fable game in the series.
FirstFallenStar is offline   Reply With Quote